(based on 224 US Postal Service Review Ratings)
"The main reason why someone would become a mail carrier: it pays well. The base pay is not all that exciting; you make all your money by working constantly. I often work 6 days/wk, often and 10 hrs/day. In the past 2 months, I have made over $9K (seriously). The cons are plenty: long hrs/days, having little work-life balance, stress, and inclement weather to deal with. If you can learn to roll with the punches and suck it up, the paychecks sure make it worthwhile."
Posted 7 years ago in Olathe, KS
in Grand Rapids, MI

"The Postal Service offers a great career with excellent benefits and retirement."

in Section, AL

"Work life balance is terrible."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

US Postal Service (329)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wireless Advocates (20)
in Draper, UT

"Experience can vary greatly by office. Good pay and solid benefits. As non-career you will generally struggle to get enough hours, or be bombarded with more work than you can handle. Day to day roller coaster with mail and package volume; never know what to expect when you walk in the door. Current trucks not suitable to the job."

in Highlands Ranch, CO

"I've worked for the United States Post Office for a little more than 2 years as a mail carrier/delivery. The environment is fast-paced along with working more than 12 or more hours a day but help is always offered by coworkers and management. Training is provided with help and advice to better understand the job and the best way to perform the job. Management will work with you to solve situations that you cannot solve whether if it is on the job or outside of work that will effect the task that needs to be done for example switching days off to provide childcare at home as they have helped me. Overtime is offered and the pay and benefits the company offers is great. USPS is the best company I have worked for and the longest job I have kept."

Average US Postal Service Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Facilitator
in Milwaukee, WI

"I began to work for USPS in November of 2011. Since then I skilled myself with various of knowledge throughout the company such as, marketing course, customer service skills, and other positions."

in Dublin, OH

"not bad but they don't fire people so the environment can be full of lazy people"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Albuquerque, NM

"would not recommend this job as a NON CAREER position, employees are treated poorly, no communication and NO VEHICLES to support your delivery position therefore you must use your own vehicle for your route which you are not told prior to hire."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"The United States Postal Service is a great company to work for and proudly serves American citizens."

in Spring, TX

"I've. worked for the post office for almost 3 yrs now. The company is a good company to work for to start off in the government. I don't recommend the company because it takes forever to become regular and management have poor management and communication skills"

Mail Clerk
in Bakersfield, CA

"The work is hard on the body but it is challenging and rewarding. We are government workers and work long hard hours. I have enjoyed my time here but it is time to begin my career."

in Newton, MA

"I've worked for the United States Postal Service since 2017 and while it is a demanding position, it is also a rewarding one. Being able to interact with the community you work in is a blessing and allows you to grow as an individual and a worker. The management works with you in ensuring a positive work environment for their employees and their customers. Having a union representative on the job gives workers a sense of relief knowing that they will be protected and looked after. The benefits are wonderful as well for anyone who wants to feel secure in their personal lives once they are home for work. I'd recommend this job to anyone who is willing to serve their country!"

in West Valley City, UT

"I found the environment there at the post office to be extraordinary, the people there were kind and they were patient in helping people become better. They were always concerned about my health as an employee, and they focused on meeting the financial needs of employees. The only thing they fell short in was efficiency, things would have run a little smoother if they had the parcels ready to go so that the mail carriers could take them out sooner."

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I worked as a Mail Carrier Assistant from 2016 to 2017 in Scottsdale, AZ providing mail delivery service and customer service care through the Scottsdale Community. It was by far one of the most challenge but humble experience I ever had. It presented to me a proper work ethic and allowed me to utilize my problem solving skills by creating opportunities within a timely fashion. The fact that everything must be delivered or solved within a time period allows your problem solving skills and strategic planning to form into place. If you are behind, you must figure out how to excel to the next step. The best part is, if you fail at something, the managers and supervisors are there to guide you towards the correct way of doing the job. Its something I enjoyed while I was there and learned how to develop new work ethic and gave a new term to punctuality."

Customer Service Representative
in Reston, VA

"Hardworking is the best way to achieve your goals. Manage schedules and family are hard."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Maintenance Manager
in Macon, GA

"Promoted quickly from electronic tech to supervisor to manager in less than six years. Eleven years in management. Experience is truly recognized by the senior managers and a lot of respect shown for those who work hard and are willing to make the business successful."