On average, employees at US Postal Service give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest US Postal Service employees are Network Administrators submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Mail Processing Clerks with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 229 US Postal Service Review Ratings)

"The main reason why someone would become a mail carrier: it pays well. The base pay is not all that exciting; you make all your money by working constantly. I often work 6 days/wk, often and 10 hrs/day. In the past 2 months, I have made over $9K (seriously). The cons are plenty: long hrs/days, having little work-life balance, stress, and inclement weather to deal with. If you can learn to roll with the punches and suck it up, the paychecks sure make it worthwhile."
Posted 8 years ago in Olathe, KS
Clerk
in Marcola, OR

"USPS is a great job and has good pay and benefits but it is very fast paced, stressful and highly physical. The training on how to life properly needs to be better addressed as there are a lot of work related injuries within the Postal Service. I love my job with the Postal Service but am needing something less physical as I had back surgery that resulted from a work related injury two years ago."

Supervisor
in Elyria, OH

"The US Postal Service pays very well, but being a company that is long on process and short on results, they tend to treat their employees poorly."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

US Postal Service (334)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wireless Advocates (20)
in Wilkes Barre, PA

"I have worked with USPS since December of 2019 and the work balance is excellent. The bad is the work was very intense."

in Fort Worth, TX

"Working for the United States Postal Service will allow you to have a pretty comfortable life; however, it's not your typical 9-5; as a Mail Carrier, you're not through until ALL mail has been delivered and you will work in ALL environmental elements. I can't speak on the entire USPS company just my experience as a Mail Carrier. The work hours can get hectic and if you're a single mother without any help from a partner or family the struggle of work life-time balance becomes real. The job role of the mail carrier is NOT single mother conducive."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Aledo, TX

"This is a good company to work for temporarily, until they stop paying you for your hard work and cut your hours. Supervisors don't keep their word, and are very dishonest, I have worked at three different locations the past 3 years and they are all the same."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Grand Rapids, MI

"The Postal Service offers a great career with excellent benefits and retirement."

in Section, AL

"Work life balance is terrible."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Draper, UT

"Experience can vary greatly by office. Good pay and solid benefits. As non-career you will generally struggle to get enough hours, or be bombarded with more work than you can handle. Day to day roller coaster with mail and package volume; never know what to expect when you walk in the door. Current trucks not suitable to the job."

Mail Carrier
in Highlands Ranch, CO

"I've worked for the United States Post Office for a little more than 2 years as a mail carrier/delivery. The environment is fast-paced along with working more than 12 or more hours a day but help is always offered by coworkers and management. Training is provided with help and advice to better understand the job and the best way to perform the job. Management will work with you to solve situations that you cannot solve whether if it is on the job or outside of work that will effect the task that needs to be done for example switching days off to provide childcare at home as they have helped me. Overtime is offered and the pay and benefits the company offers is great. USPS is the best company I have worked for and the longest job I have kept."

Facilitator
in Milwaukee, WI

"I began to work for USPS in November of 2011. Since then I skilled myself with various of knowledge throughout the company such as, marketing course, customer service skills, and other positions."

in Dublin, OH

"not bad but they don't fire people so the environment can be full of lazy people"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Albuquerque, NM

"would not recommend this job as a NON CAREER position, employees are treated poorly, no communication and NO VEHICLES to support your delivery position therefore you must use your own vehicle for your route which you are not told prior to hire."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"The United States Postal Service is a great company to work for and proudly serves American citizens."

in Spring, TX

"I've. worked for the post office for almost 3 yrs now. The company is a good company to work for to start off in the government. I don't recommend the company because it takes forever to become regular and management have poor management and communication skills"

Mail Clerk
in Bakersfield, CA

"The work is hard on the body but it is challenging and rewarding. We are government workers and work long hard hours. I have enjoyed my time here but it is time to begin my career."