(based on 206 US Postal Service Review Ratings)
"The main reason why someone would become a mail carrier: it pays well. The base pay is not all that exciting; you make all your money by working constantly. I often work 6 days/wk, often and 10 hrs/day. In the past 2 months, I have made over $9K (seriously). The cons are plenty: long hrs/days, having little work-life balance, stress, and inclement weather to deal with. If you can learn to roll with the punches and suck it up, the paychecks sure make it worthwhile."
Posted 6 years ago in Olathe, KS
in Poughkeepsie, NY

"I’ve worked for USPS since June 2019. The company is lacking communication and also does not appreciate good workers. No room for advancement starting pay and benefits are weak for your job responsibility."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Washington, DC

"I currently work for the United States Postal Service HQ as a Contract Specialist and I appreciate the team effort and communication. I work with not only my colleagues but internal and external customers/suppliers as well so it is important to have an open flow of communication so expectations are clear and all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Although, I appreciate and enjoy my work I am looking for a career that provides more of a challenge. I am seeking the opportunity to use and expand my knowledge and skills in the field of Law."

US Postal Service (311)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Sedgwick (6)
in Rowlett, TX

"Good job but very understaffed"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Folsom, CA

"I've worked for USPS for 16 years and it has been a rewarding experience. My relationship with my supervisor is Great, we see eye to eye and are very much alike."

Average US Postal Service Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Mechanical Engineering Specialist
in Merrifield, VA

"The company is very nice with a lot of huge machine and fun engineering work. However, USPS is not a profitable company and it make all process really slow."

Senior Project Engineer Manager

"A powerful company needing capitol."

Operations Industrial Engineer
in Charlotte, NC

"I've worked with the USPS since 2008. This is a good paying company that has been slow to change. Change is need to complete with competitors. Their is a need to update the manufacturing technology and real estate to bring the company to current times. Good benefits and if you are mobile you can advance quickly."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Greensboro, NC

"I've been working for the post office for 6 months in a call center environment. The work is steady. However, team morale is low."

in Baltimore, MD

"I’ve worked at the United States postal service since 2014. It took me 4 years to be converted into a career employee, instead of contract. The job is very easy and will allow you to make a basic living . However, I find it difficult to move up in the job and supervisors lack team work and leadership skills. Coworkers will help you to get through the job."

Assistant
in Baldwin Park, CA

"Throughout my experience at UPS, I overcame time management, efficiency, effectiveness, and adaptability to put smiles on people's faces once they received their package. The job is unique, competitive, and worthwhile to grow as a professional and a person."

US Postal Service Employee

"I have worked for the United States Postal Service about 3 years. We are the leading company delivering mail locally and in rural areas; using motor transportation vehicles to horse and carriage to deliver mail nationwide. The company employs thousands of people from all over the United States to deliver and sort any mail to keep our customers happy."

in Memphis, TN

"I've worked for the usps for 4 years and my time there has been nothing but great."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in McDonough, GA

"This is an awesome platform ."

Mail Processing Clerk
in Bethpage, NY

"I've worked for the United States post office since 2015. A great place to work with great benefits. A good environment to grow as an employee. The company has changed."

in Salt Lake City, UT

"I began working for USPS in September of 2017, and have been an employee for a little over 2 years. While working there I have enjoyed being in front of a computer screen and seeing how quickly and efficiently I can scan and document images. While I love the actual work, I find the management difficult. I find it difficult because depending on who it is dictates which rules are followed or taken into their own terms."