(based on 58 SuperMedia Review Ratings)
SuperMedia Employee

"I have not been there in a couple of years, when I was there it was stressful since layoffs were happening regularly. It has gone bankrupt since then and is now under the name of DexMedia. I do know now what it is like with the new changes."

in Tampa, FL

"I've worked for Supermedia for a year and a half now. I enjoy working with small and medium size businesses in helping them attain their company goals. I also enjoy being in control of my earnings and the ever changing technology in the digital market. There's always something new and interesting to learn and share with business owners."

SuperMedia (97)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Rocket Software (8)
2.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is adMarketplace (6)
Copywriter
in Los Alamitos, CA

"This is my second contract with Supermedia. I love my team. I have learned about responsive website design from a crew of dedicated professionals. The company has given me rewards for my hard work in turning around some difficult customers. Leaving my friends for a better position would be difficult."

SuperMedia Employee

"It's a decent place to work. Nice people to work with."

Average SuperMedia Ratings in the Past 3 Years

SuperMedia Employee

"I have worked for this company since 1997. It has always been a good place to work and gives us great work life balance. recently due to the changes in print and digital advertising industry my company has been on a downturn and looks like they are way behind digital curve and cannot catch up. We went down from almost 600 sales force in Texas to almost 50 now. It is a bad sign when you start closing down sales offices."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Social Media Manager
in Grapevine, TX

"I like my supervisor but it's time for me to move up on my position and that has not happened yet. I work hard day in and day out."

in Middleton, MA

"This company had a very bad reputation as far as employees are concerned. They were known for unfair practices in the past. But as I just said it was past. So when I was offered an opportunity to get back into advertising I was excited. After 2 months into it, a class of 21 people , myself included learned that a merger was coming our way but to not worry. We were hired and there to stay. Not so much. The biggest issue with the company also was still trying to hang onto print, in a Digital Mkt."

Premise Sales Agent
in Lexington, KY

"Very good training and excellent learning experience. I left SuperMedia with the highest retention rate in the company, look forward to taking my skills to selling a product/service I believe in."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Digital Media Consultant
in Paramus, NJ

"I've worked at Supermedia since August 2008 and have endured many changes, including 3 CEO's, 2 bankruptcies, a spiraling downward trend in client confidence and 2 major negative pay plan adjustments. Despite this, I have been a steady performer, using my skills to service my clients well. The company has some very good product offerings, but is lacking in back end support and is extremely disorganized."

in Chantilly, VA

"As a top sales producer, I felt that my compensation should have been much better. And there appeared to be much turmoil and churning of jobs during the past few years, even though it fortunately didn't impact me."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
SuperMedia Employee

"While it was imperative for SM to adjust its strategy to its highly competitive environment, Senior Leadership stuck their heads in the sand, and waited for yet another merger (with Dex One) and the bonuses they would get for making the merger happen as revenues, clients and morale fell drastically. Not a single leader cares about the employees."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
in Oxnard, CA

"I worked for Supermedia for 3 years and really enjoyed my time there. The company as whole faces enormous challenges from shrinking market share, to being bought by Dex One Media."

Social Media Specialist
in Los Alamitos, CA

"Love working for this company. From day one everyone has been helpful and friendly"

in Chantilly, VA

"its a company that is transitioning from yellow pages print to on line"

What do you like about working at SuperMedia?

"base pay and commission and benifits were good plus 401k"

"be careful , meatgrinder mentality in the office , if considering employement keep job search going if possible ,"

What don't you like about working at SuperMedia?

"no job security , very tense atmosphere in the chantilly va office managers under a lot of pressure , 95%sales turnover in the five years, always being threaten of being written up"

"there is none,district managers under constant pressure they in a continual hiring mode in the chantilly office"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Advertising Designer
in Los Alamitos, CA

"Started off great in 1986. Ended poorly in 2012."

What do you like about working at SuperMedia?

"I was laid off in April of last year but my co-workers were good."

"Keep hunting for another job. I don't believe SuperMedia will be in business in 5 years."

What don't you like about working at SuperMedia?

"The company is on a decline. The job I was hired for 26 years ago is now being out-sourced. There is little employee loyalty."

"I think there are very few qulified people in managerial roles. Only a few have the people skills to motivate their employees."