On average, employees at McDonald's give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest McDonald's employees are Store Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and General Managers with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 137 McDonald's Review Ratings)

"All in all, McDonald's was a good place to work. It teaches you patience, structure and hard work."
Posted 10 years ago in Tracy, CA
in Kingsport, TN

"I have worked for McDonald's since I was 15 years old, so about half my life. It is a great first job with tons of opportunities to move up and skills that can be transferred to other professions. All in all, it is a great job that introduces you to the work-life and if you find yourself good at it, you can always move up."

Cook

"I worked at Mcdonald's for two years, and in those two years, they were nothing but nice to me. The pay was good and my coworkers were even better, but with a degree in my field of Computer Science, I don't see myself pursuing a career in the fast-food industry. That's the only reason I'm stepping away."

McDonald's (237)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Hotel del Coronado (9)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bojangles' (6)
Assistant Manager
in Spokane, WA

"I have worked for mcdonald's since 2009, it has been my first job. I enjoy it very much. The owners and supervisors are so nice and willing to help you with so much. There is so much room for growing in this company as well"

in Plano, TX

"I was sexually harassed by the assistant general manager."

Crew Member
in Niles, MI

"I've worked for McDonald's for almost 9 months now and at first it was great. But I never planned on working there forever. I made some friends while working there an it was an amazing experience. It is a very stressful atmosphere and like a factory job, if you cant work fast and move fast your going to fall behind. Wanted to participate in mcopportunities from archways there. But with covid19 I was unable to. So it is a good time for me personally to look for something thats more suited to what I want in a job, rather then just working for a paycheck. Or working towards a goal that just seems to keep moving out of grasp."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Davidson, NC

"I had a very bad experience working with them. I had went to work on 3rd shift as usual one particular night at 10 pm by 12 pm i felt off & kind of sick so i asked my boss for a bathroom break. Ran towards to the bathroom & started throwing up my family had, had the nuero virus which is profuse vomiting fever chills etc. & i came back out asked my boss if i could go home because my family had been sick with what i now have. & he proceeded to cuss me telling me it wasnt the first time he had to do a GD (curse word) job by himself because of slacka** pos workers. Also telling me you can stay thirty more minutes & bag some more orders & stock the sauces & clean the floors before you leave. I proceeded to tell him it wasn't right to make me stay knowing i had attracted a contagious harsh stomach virus whilst bagging others food & possibly having customers & other employees attract it as well. So i told him i couldnt do it & clocked out meanwhile hes cussing me telling me ik wouldn't have a job the next night tk come back to i told the other bosses & even contacted corporate about this particular man & he was never punished suspended or fired nor confronted about the situation even though the others that was there told the same as i did about how he reacted so i quit because i wasnt working in such unsanitary cinditions the floor was constantly slippery never mopped up or cleaned they half butt cooked food & treated employees like they werent important to the company. They also treated there customers very very poorly."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Hesperia, CA

"i worked here from february 2019 till may 2020 it was a good starting job and very nice workers"

in Toronto, OH

"Quite a few managers at head office seem to not care about ethics."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Department Manager
in Scott, LA

"I've worked for Mcdonald's since 2013. The company has achieved growth throughout my years here, purchasing the Baton Rouge locations from the Valuzzo's and expanding. The company prides itself on great customer service and promoting from within, which is great!"

Crew Member
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"McDonalds is a good place to learn how to multitask, how to do a good job in a lowly station, and how to deal with people who dont want to be dealt with. For those with no experience working with others, this is a good place to gain self confidence and learn to quickly make decisions. That said it also teaches the dangers of getting stuck in a rut, the easy path of doing the minimum and getting by just "fine". This is an easy place to work, but don't let it be your only experience."

Shift Manager
in Palmdale, CA

"Good starting job with lost of opportunities for growth. You can learn a lot about running a business and what it takes to move up the ladder, on top of the opportunities provided to pay for your schooling it does not get better than that."

in Smiths Creek, MI

"Great place to work. my first job when i was 16. and had no problems with managers or crew"

Maker
in Sheffield, AL

"Nice. I liked it."

in Santa Fe Springs, CA

"If you are a person looking for a job that is fast paced and rely on teamwork and communication than this is a good job for you to do. Low maintenance work."

Training Coordinator
in Florence, SC

"Good company have some improvements to be made and better work environment for some locations"