(based on 132 McDonald's Review Ratings)
"All in all, McDonald's was a good place to work. It teaches you patience, structure and hard work."
Posted 9 years ago in Tracy, CA
in Davidson, NC

"I had a very bad experience working with them. I had went to work on 3rd shift as usual one particular night at 10 pm by 12 pm i felt off & kind of sick so i asked my boss for a bathroom break. Ran towards to the bathroom & started throwing up my family had, had the nuero virus which is profuse vomiting fever chills etc. & i came back out asked my boss if i could go home because my family had been sick with what i now have. & he proceeded to cuss me telling me it wasnt the first time he had to do a GD (curse word) job by himself because of slacka** pos workers. Also telling me you can stay thirty more minutes & bag some more orders & stock the sauces & clean the floors before you leave. I proceeded to tell him it wasn't right to make me stay knowing i had attracted a contagious harsh stomach virus whilst bagging others food & possibly having customers & other employees attract it as well. So i told him i couldnt do it & clocked out meanwhile hes cussing me telling me ik wouldn't have a job the next night tk come back to i told the other bosses & even contacted corporate about this particular man & he was never punished suspended or fired nor confronted about the situation even though the others that was there told the same as i did about how he reacted so i quit because i wasnt working in such unsanitary cinditions the floor was constantly slippery never mopped up or cleaned they half butt cooked food & treated employees like they werent important to the company. They also treated there customers very very poorly."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Hesperia, CA

"i worked here from february 2019 till may 2020 it was a good starting job and very nice workers"

McDonald's (232)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Caltrans (33)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bojangles' (6)
in Toronto, OH

"Quite a few managers at head office seem to not care about ethics."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Department Manager
in Scott, LA

"I've worked for Mcdonald's since 2013. The company has achieved growth throughout my years here, purchasing the Baton Rouge locations from the Valuzzo's and expanding. The company prides itself on great customer service and promoting from within, which is great!"

Average McDonald's Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
Crew Member
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"McDonalds is a good place to learn how to multitask, how to do a good job in a lowly station, and how to deal with people who dont want to be dealt with. For those with no experience working with others, this is a good place to gain self confidence and learn to quickly make decisions. That said it also teaches the dangers of getting stuck in a rut, the easy path of doing the minimum and getting by just "fine". This is an easy place to work, but don't let it be your only experience."

Shift Manager
in Palmdale, CA

"Good starting job with lost of opportunities for growth. You can learn a lot about running a business and what it takes to move up the ladder, on top of the opportunities provided to pay for your schooling it does not get better than that."

in Smiths Creek, MI

"Great place to work. my first job when i was 16. and had no problems with managers or crew"

Maker
in Sheffield, AL

"Nice. I liked it."

in Santa Fe Springs, CA

"If you are a person looking for a job that is fast paced and rely on teamwork and communication than this is a good job for you to do. Low maintenance work."

Training Coordinator
in Florence, SC

"Good company have some improvements to be made and better work environment for some locations"

Contractor
in Diamond Bar, CA

"I have worked for McDonald Construction for over 35 years. I was fortunate to have been taught by some of the best contractors, craftsman and designers. I found it to be some of the greatest experiences of my life. My Father made sure that I was brought up in the old school way, But with a modern mind…No short cuts for me!! I worked with my Father for most of my life, Now that he has finally retired. I find myself looking for my next adventure."

McDonald's Employee

"I am William Ashley I have a passion for training and developing a outstanding team. I offer ten years of GM/Training Manager experience. In my current job I am responsible for the successful business results and implementation of all training programs and in store training. I am able to expertly identify all training needs and then deliver appropriate instruction to keep employees abreast of needed information and updates. Additionally my exceptional analytical abilities and my writing and oral skills allow me to carefully create effective training guidelines and programs and to tap experts for delivery of specialized areas and information. My natural strengths combined with my extensive experience makes me a great choice for leadership in your company. I look forward and I’m willing to learn more. I enjoy my career and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’ve been working for McDonald’s since 2007 with this same company. It’s a food company and the atmosphere is great."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Ashtabula, OH

"I’ve work at McDonald’s Franchise since 2017, the franchise is a great place for high school student get some interpersonal skills and and for having several years of job experience before heading out for college. There will be hard time but employees manage to work together to achieve great things of they put their minds in the work"

in Victoria, TX

"Great service! Good food!"

Crew Member
in Brooklyn, NY

"I’ve worked for McDonald’s for almost a year now. It has its good times and bad times but throughout anything its a great job with great pay."