(based on 104 McDonald's Review Ratings)
"All in all, McDonald's was a good place to work. It teaches you patience, structure and hard work."
Posted 8 years ago in Tracy, CA
Shift Manager
in Nashville, AR

"This location is a franchise and doesn't offer the opportunity that a corporate store would. The pay is not as good either."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Michigan City, IN

"My company is so worried about saving pennies that they lose dollars. They expect perfection for a low pay rate. They talk a big game about taking care of their employees but they don't. All they care about is getting more money in their pocket. It's sad how many good people have left and are leaving because of how poorly they are treated from the owner down to their general manager."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Cashier

"I worked for more than a year. I found the company to be fast paced and friendly. The management was very helpful. The work was interesting. I worked part time."

in El Dorado, AR

"I've been working at McDonald's since 2008. It's a good place to start your working but I wouldn't make it a career."

in Moab, UT

"I worked for McDonald's for about 1 year. The company has a highly energized atmosphere. The management is very encouraging, and motivational from my experience. They are very efficient and set goals for employees and frequently praise their workers. However, work also becomes very competitive. Management is also overly critical, negative, and sometimes unrealistic. While teamwork is supported, both managers and coworkers ultimately love to make each other look bad."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Shift Manager
in Chapin, SC

"McDonald's as an organization is a very good company to be a part of. Unfortunately, there are some establishments that don't work so hard under the company's name. Depending on the location and the type of job atmosphere you're in will depend on your performances and overall outcome for advancement."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Middleboro, MA

"I'm currently flipping burgers at mcdonalds temporarily."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Crew Trainer
in Morton Grove, IL

"I worked for 1 year. Employees were very friendly and cooperative for the most part. No major problems that couldn't and weren't immediately solved."

in Apple Valley, CA

"Although this company was not the best of places to work at, It could have been worse."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Crew Member
in Tacoma, WA

"Working at McDonald's is eye opening. Everyone should work there to see the behaviors."

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"I like the steady pay and hours at McDonald's. I have learned more respect for other people and for other fast food workers. If you didn't know it before, you will learn the golden rule. Between upper management and customers, a worker is a commodity, and you can be treated that way. Not a mistake if you can take it."

"Be upfront about your schedule. If you have kids, are a student, or have a second job, let them know so they can plan accordingly. They hire pretty readily."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"Customers can be very rude. Upper management rarely backs up a worker and will lie to the health department. Management will throw workers under the bus to cover themselves."

"Trust the staff. If they are saying something is happening, then it most likely is. Listen if they have a suggestion. Don't insult their intelligence by sweeping their ideas under the rug. Know that a worker will report to the health department if nobody else will."

Area Supervisor
in Palmdale, CA

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"Working in McDonald's gives you the chance to meet different kinds of people - internal and external, meaning people from within, and of course the paying customers. It is fun learning from other people and interacting with customers."

"Keep things simple. Describe expectations clearly. Discuss improved benefits. Have a competitive salary."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"Right now, I feel that there are too many things that are being downloaded that should be done in a very short period of time. For me this is frustrating and simply not possible - information overload. There are too many products for test. Directions become unclear because of too much in mind!"

"If I were running the system I would keep things simple. There are too many different directions! There are too many sub-products. Focus on the core menu, and do not have information overload."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Area Manager
in Palmdale, CA
Work Setting 2 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
in Huntington Beach, CA

"McDonald's provides experience as a cashier, and in food preparation and stocking."

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"McDonald's has discipline and good quality."

"Eye contact and smiling will be helpful to you, and don't be so self-confident."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"I really don't have any complaints about them, as they are really good."

"Special offers for customers may increase the sell rate of them."

Crew Member
in Wexford, PA

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"The pay and advancement opportunities are alright. I do well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment, but maybe not as much stress or grease."

"Just be yourself. You'll probably get the job anyway. There's nothing to worry about."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"It's hard to get promoted or get a raise at McDonald's. They hire just about anyone, even the social rejects, and that makes the work even worse. Micromanagement by the managers is awful."

"Make some sense. My manager doesn't really know how to manage a restaurant efficiently, between inventory replenishment and scheduling shifts."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Communications Coordinator

"A very dynamic job where you never have time to get bored."

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"It is a lot of work. There is a lot of dynamism and opportunity to learn every day at McDonald's."

"Be prepared to deal with many tasks and sometimes overcome external obstacles."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"I don't like being a bit limited following the instructions given by the operations center when we talk about new ideas."

"I would suggest a little more power to defend the ideas that we proposed."