19 McDonald's Crew Member Reviews

Browse McDonald's Reviews by Job Title →

Crew Members at McDonald's give their company a 3.1 out of 5.0, while the average rating for McDonald's is 3.6, making them 15% less happy than every other employee at McDonald's and 9% less happy than every other Crew Member on CareerBliss - the happiest Crew Members work for Boston Market.

(based on 14 Crew Member Review Ratings)
"All in all, McDonald's was a good place to work. It teaches you patience, structure and hard work."
Posted 8 years ago in Tracy, CA
in Hickory, NC

"Our general manager is overbearing and negative. He is pushy and makes us feel bad about our work. If we mess up we are basically done. When we are hired we are automatically told that we are replaceable. We are not valued. They don't even bother to remember our names. If you don't do well they will give you the "pity-jobs" (lobby (cleaning) or stocking). This company has no real regard for its employees."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Coeur D Alene, ID

"I can say 3 because one bad experience doesn't define all. BUT with this chain you should consider that can swing both ways. Honestly I did not know what to expect, but the customer service was thumbs down. I've never been made to wait like that. I could tell by my reception as an applicant I ought not to think I'd thrive working there and it was a location in a rather decrepit area. I just thought the McDs here might be more... palatable. The manager didn't even smile. Go on and bail, your meal ticket, no one gives a damn whether you're coming or going."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Average Crew Member Ratings in the Past 7 Years

2012 $2
2014 $3
2015 $4
2016 $2
in California City, CA

"I've worked for McDonald's for about one year. It was a really good experience for me, the managers were amazing, and so were the co-workers. Great environment, and the store was always kept nice and clean for customers."

in Marietta, OH

"It's a McDonald's where they provide quality food and customer service. It is a great place to work for a while."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average McDonald's Attributes by Crew Member

2.5
2.6
in Tacoma, WA

"Working at McDonald's is eye opening. Everyone should work there to see the behaviors."

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"I like the steady pay and hours at McDonald's. I have learned more respect for other people and for other fast food workers. If you didn't know it before, you will learn the golden rule. Between upper management and customers, a worker is a commodity, and you can be treated that way. Not a mistake if you can take it."

"Be upfront about your schedule. If you have kids, are a student, or have a second job, let them know so they can plan accordingly. They hire pretty readily."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"Customers can be very rude. Upper management rarely backs up a worker and will lie to the health department. Management will throw workers under the bus to cover themselves."

"Trust the staff. If they are saying something is happening, then it most likely is. Listen if they have a suggestion. Don't insult their intelligence by sweeping their ideas under the rug. Know that a worker will report to the health department if nobody else will."

in Wexford, PA

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"The pay and advancement opportunities are alright. I do well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment, but maybe not as much stress or grease."

"Just be yourself. You'll probably get the job anyway. There's nothing to worry about."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"It's hard to get promoted or get a raise at McDonald's. They hire just about anyone, even the social rejects, and that makes the work even worse. Micromanagement by the managers is awful."

"Make some sense. My manager doesn't really know how to manage a restaurant efficiently, between inventory replenishment and scheduling shifts."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Galt, CA

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"The people are always nice at McDonald's. It is easy to talk to the managers."

"Work hard, and learn as quickly as possible."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"Sometimes you get some micromanaging managers taking things too far."

"Don't yell at employees for things that are out of their hands, like the GM does."

in Okemos, MI

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"the work is easy and the free food is always nice"

"make this a stop on the road to a better job. yes they'll hire you and thats fine if youre desperate for a job. if you like it, then thats great! but I wouldnt recommend being there forever."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"some managers seem to not know what theyre doing. the customers usually have a bad attitude and take it out on whoever they see when they walk in."

"increase the base pay of regular crew and managers. the work done and having to deal with the attitudes of the customers, isnt worth minimum wage."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Lees Summit, MO

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"The only part of my job that I have actually enjoyed in my four years of working at McDonald's was the stability. I always knew I would have a job because people always want fast food."

"Do not go into this job thinking that it's a lifetime career. The turnover rate at this job is extremely high. People come and go weekly."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"The compensation for the work involved is not nearly equal. When I work, I usually have difficulty walking afterward because I work so hard. This job should pay at least 10 dollars an hour."

"Treat employees with more respect, and pay in relation to the work requested."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Centereach, NY

"Lousy, rude manager, and a filthy place."

What do you like about working at McDonald's?

"There was nothing to like about this filthy, sloppy place."

"There are lots of better jobs out there. Don't work for McDonald's."

What don't you like about working at McDonald's?

"I disliked everything. The manager was crazy and rude, and nasty to workers."

"Take a class on people skills, and be more cheerful."