(based on 82 Kohl's Review Ratings)
2.7
in Milpitas, CA

"I have worked with startup companies as well as big company like YouTube. But working in a retail gave me experience of retail industry which is growing rapidly as well as face paced environment."

District Manager of Loss Prevention
in Boston, MA

"I have worked at my current retailer, Kohl's Department Stores, for eight years. Kohl's is an industry leader with a purpose to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives. The core values that we encompass are putting the customer first, acting with integrity, building great teams, and driving results. Kohl's values community partnerships and takes an active interest in associates' development."

Kohl's (118)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Premium Retail Services (13)
Senior DBA
in Menomonee Falls, WI

"I have been working for more than a year with Kohls and I like their aggressive innovation towards technology. Because of this, I got to learn many different tools and technologies which gave me exposure not only to my domain (Database) but also Infrastructures like Cloud and DevOps tools."

in Texas City, TX

"I worked here nearly a decade and became burned out from the chaos so I turned in a two-week notice, as that is the proper thing to do. Apparently, people quitting reflects poorly on management so they fired me (or tried to since I already had quit) and I suspect my resignation letter will never see the light of day."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average Kohl's Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
in Orlando, FL

"Kohls will not give hours. You cannot eat and pay bills. Sometimes you are not even put on the schedule."

in Pearland, TX

"I absolutely LOVE to shop at Kohls! Who doesn't??? Employee discount, high quality merchandise, fabulous deals, tons of coupons, and of course KOHLS CASH (getting paid back to shop)!!! Unfortunately working in my all time favorite store didn't go as I had hoped. So, I wouldn't recommend working here (unless you're in a higher up position with the ability and willingness to be a leader in a TEAM setting throughout the WHOLE totem poll). I usually, actually I never leave remarks that aren't 5 star ratings...but in this case I feel maybe my OPINION based off MY OWN experience should be shared. Today in particular, I met some super amazing hard working co-workers who in every aspect inspired me...a few great men who I'd be honored to work with again. Sadly a few great men or women don't make up "a team". It's EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE working in an environment that's not FULLY being respected or taken seriously by the whole team or corrected properly with compassion by management. I believe Kohls employment could be as fabulous as the store/brand itself under the correct settings. Some pros were great flexibility with scheduling, easy access to employee schedules and info, wonderful customers, employee discount, openings to work, and weekly pay. Cons (in my particular case, of course other locations could be different) management let inappropriate behavior continue, lacked leadership qualities and failed to set examples, VERY LITTLE training, and ineffectiveness to communicate strategically (to many chiefs, not enough Indians). "A group with a positive dynamic is easy to spot. Team members trust one another, they work towards a collective decision, and they hold one another accountable for making things happen.""

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in North Las Vegas, NV

"I've been with Kohl's since 2015, and its aim is to deliver the best customer service possible. It is a fast paced environment while maintaining both the store's recovery and customer assistants. It's a great place to get you started, as it will teach you how to maintain great work ethics and stay calm even under stressful situations."

in Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked at Kohl's for a few years. The styling work can be tedious, and most of the time there is little room for creativity. The merchants drive the creative look."

Kohl's Employee

"I was hired as a jewelry associate as holiday help in 2014. I worked very hard, showed up when I was scheduled and did my job. I was 1 of 10 kept after the holidays. Kohl's is a very good place to work if you simply need a little extra income but have a full time job elsewhere. I work on the average of 15 hours per week now after the holidays which is great for me. The Kohl's I work at has training videos but you don't get to use them because they by law have to pay you while you are training and they only have barely enough people to cover shifts on the floor so no extra time to train. I have talked to people that have been there for two years or more that do not know how to do anything but ring up a customer. you will be shown how to use a register and be shown things that you have to know as you go along but it is sketchy at best. This is a corporate problem but an understandable one as well. All in all, Kohl's is a great place to work for extra income but you have to be quick on picking things up because the training time just isn't there. I love working there and am trying to learn as I go."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Lady Lake, FL

"Poor management, employees hate working there. Get no breaks, and ask no questions. The employees make it confusing, blamed it on the newbies. The store manager acts so fake it's kind of strange. They hire and fire you in a week. $8.00/hour for slave labor. They'll try you out for a few days and then say fire you when it's not what they want that second.They wanted all my ideas on how to do things better, then suck all the info out of me and threw me out. Used me for the info. Your relationship with your supervisor, horrible. The relationship you have with your co-workers, back stabbing. Hope they're not that bad off."

in Coon Rapids, MN

"Worst place to work possible."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Apple Valley, MN

"I've worked at Kohl's department store in an overnight position for over five years. This position is a very good second job for the hours and pay, but I would not recommend it for a person's sole job."

in Columbus, GA

"I enjoyed working for Kohl's Department Store. It was a great experience. I learned a lot of valuable things that I applied to everyday life."

in Seal Beach, CA

"As a former employee of Kohl's, I enjoyed working at the Seal Beach location as well as the people I worked with. The staff is friendly and the customers are nice."

Kohl's Employee

"I have worked for Kohl's since 2010. I believe it to be a very strong company with a strong emphasis on service and being the very best in the industry, and I enjoy being a part of that."