(based on 188 CIGNA Review Ratings)
"I have been with Cigna for 15 years and I love working here. You're supported, ethics is # 1 and growth opportunity is ample."
Posted 3 years ago in Bloomfield, CT
Claims Processor
in Hooksett, NH

"I've had the opportunity to work with Cigna since 2011. This experience has allowed me to grow and mature in a client and consumer services perspective. There are many sites within the US and have expanded across the globe, Europe and Asia specifically."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in South Windsor, CT

"I believe Cigna hired a wave of new employees in the Fall of 2011 to collect on the governor's job creation kickbacks. Once they had collected on this, they pink slipped roughly the exact number of employees initially hired 18 months later. After computing salaries and severance packages, Cigna profited MILLIONS. I believes this was intentional fraud of the state of CT and would not recommend Cigna to anyone."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
QA Lead
in Windsor, ON

"I enjoyed working there."

in Windsor, ON

"Work culture is good and management is supportive."

in Bloomfield, CT

"I have worked at Cigna for 1 year and while the work and coworkers are great, the culture does not allow moving up and expanding quite easily."

in Visalia, CA

"This company will treat you great at the beginning, and will eventually place more and more work on your plate until its just too much. They will then start to treat you poorly and also do not give you the proper tools to complete your job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Bloomfield, CT

"Technology driven, fast paced environment with huge learning potential. If you desire self-growth, and want to gain experience this would be an ideal place to work."

Project Lead
in Raleigh, NC

"It is very good working with Cigna."

CIGNA Employee

"I used to work in-office in a run down building with poor ventilation. Now they have moved into a new office building, but I currently work from home (which is the biggest advantage of working for this company.) However, they are cracking down and have recently installed Big Brother, a program that tracks your every keystroke and mouse click. It's hard to work under that much scrutiny when yearly salary increases are minimal even at your best performance."

IT Project Manager
in Bloomfield, CT

"My experience was favorable."

Senior Storage Administrator
in Hartford, CT

"I worked for Cigna for 12 years. We had a high turnover of team members for a couple of reasons, who you knew counted far more than ability and they expected almost permanent extended work weeks with no compensatory time. I lost no end of booked holidays and also was never compensated. The environment was interesting and challenging but the bureaucracy made is difficult to do anything in a timely manner leading to significant frustration for many technical staff."

CIGNA Employee

"I was an intern for Cigna's TECDP program. This was a great experience for me because I learned a lot of new technologies and I was paid to do it."

Web Application Developer
in Plano, TX

"This is an excellent company to work for. The management is good. They have teams all over the US. Plano has a dozen developers focused on the server code for an intranet web application. This is a large company and they use a lot of people supporting the development. That takes care of a lot of the process weight. Technology is the weak point but they are willing to move forward. I enjoyed working there."

Assistant Systems Administrator

"Worked for Cigna for a migration project. The supervisors were very helpful in letting us know what needed to be done and if we had any help. Very friendly and joked around with us like we were long friends."

Customer Support Specialist
in Philadelphia, PA

"Cigna was a great learning experience for me. I do regret not taking the offer to stay a little longer. My coworkers were amazing and management was helpful at every corner. Cigna is a great place for any beginning I.T. to start their career."