(based on 195 CIGNA Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Cigna since 2002. Cigna values its employees. They are ethically strong and leadership is amazing. I have loved every position that I have held here."
Posted 5 years ago in Bloomfield, CT
CIGNA Employee

"I used to work in-office in a run down building with poor ventilation. Now they have moved into a new office building, but I currently work from home (which is the biggest advantage of working for this company.) However, they are cracking down and have recently installed Big Brother, a program that tracks your every keystroke and mouse click. It's hard to work under that much scrutiny when yearly salary increases are minimal even at your best performance."

IT Project Manager
in Bloomfield, CT

"My experience was favorable."

Senior Storage Administrator
in Hartford, CT

"I worked for Cigna for 12 years. We had a high turnover of team members for a couple of reasons, who you knew counted far more than ability and they expected almost permanent extended work weeks with no compensatory time. I lost no end of booked holidays and also was never compensated. The environment was interesting and challenging but the bureaucracy made is difficult to do anything in a timely manner leading to significant frustration for many technical staff."

CIGNA Employee

"I was an intern for Cigna's TECDP program. This was a great experience for me because I learned a lot of new technologies and I was paid to do it."

Web Application Developer
in Plano, TX

"This is an excellent company to work for. The management is good. They have teams all over the US. Plano has a dozen developers focused on the server code for an intranet web application. This is a large company and they use a lot of people supporting the development. That takes care of a lot of the process weight. Technology is the weak point but they are willing to move forward. I enjoyed working there."

Assistant Systems Administrator

"Worked for Cigna for a migration project. The supervisors were very helpful in letting us know what needed to be done and if we had any help. Very friendly and joked around with us like we were long friends."

Customer Support Specialist
in Philadelphia, PA

"Cigna was a great learning experience for me. I do regret not taking the offer to stay a little longer. My coworkers were amazing and management was helpful at every corner. Cigna is a great place for any beginning I.T. to start their career."

IT Customer Support Representative
in Philadelphia, PA

"I worked at Cigna in 2012 and it is a strong company with amazing support staff and supervisors."

in Windsor, CT

"I have been working for Cigna almost 3 years now, for the time I have been there I have meet great people and great place to grow up and move forward on my career."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
CIGNA Employee

"Over all the company was good to work for. However, management was another ball game. Most seemed to be clueless as to the specific job requirements, details and time needed to perform the job."

Patient Account Specialist
in Plano, TX

"I worked at Cigna for six months. I loved the people and also loved talking to the customers that were calling in to make their claim. The management staff was good and had great resources. The downfall was it was not an permanent position. I am needing something full time with possibility to become a permanent position."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Senior Compliance Consultant

What do you like about working at CIGNA?

"Decision sharing and work flexibility was encouraged by management frequently."

"Ask all questions on your mind; don't be bashful. Probe the interviewer to your satisfaction to uncover/confirm critical information."

What don't you like about working at CIGNA?

"Corporate politics was applied fairly randomly by both middle and senior management."

"Get to know your people better and make this a high priority objective."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Director

"A free-for-all."

What do you like about working at CIGNA?

"Co-workers were smart, nice, sincere and caring. They understood how to do their jobs."

"Get full-time, not contract. Make sure you get access to company leaders -- they're very good."

What don't you like about working at CIGNA?

"Environment was beyond sub-par. Divide between full-time and contract was just wrong."

"Pay attention to the staff and the expertise that they bring to the table."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Claims Manager

What do you like about working at CIGNA?

"I enjoy the challenge and recognition that I received for my hard work."

"Many people on here complain about not being able to advance within the company, this has not been my experience at all. You must be hard working, show an eagerness to learn, and not expect opportunities to be handed to you if you are not willing to work for them. Lastly, do not act as if you are better than your customers, your coworkers, or lower positions. Instead be humble and express gratitude when appropriate, so many new hires, and lifers miss this and set themselves up for failure."

What don't you like about working at CIGNA?

"Though Cigna has pushed for more stringent hiring requirements in an effort to supply the growing group insurance business with talent, many older and seasoned employees lack what is needed to provide consistent results. Obviously this will take some time to get the pensioners out, but until then, we wait."

"I would push to modernize the current communications between our company and our clients."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Senior Information Management Associate
in Bloomfield, CT

"This position was the culmination of a 25 year career with CIGNA/Connecticut General."

What do you like about working at CIGNA?

"This was my final position with CIGNA (and it's predecessor, Connecticut General) after a career of 25 years. It was, and is a leader in the Financial Services and Insurance market. I enjoyed steadily increasing responsibilities and challenges while there."

"Have knowledge of the line of business you are interviewing with (e.g. healthcare, pensions, investments, etc.)."

What don't you like about working at CIGNA?

"The company became much more impersonal as it grew larger and larger."

"Closer relationship with the field offices, a little less centralization."