1,677 United States Navy Reviews

Browse United States Navy Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 1074 United States Navy Review Ratings)

"I worked for the US Navy from 2004-2010 as a Sonar Technician. I thought it was a great job. There was lots of opportunity for advancement and taking on responsibilities that interest a given individual. The downsides were the stresses of military life such as living on a ship while underway, and standing watches in the middle of the night. Recommended for those who are in a position to advance their career quickly while giving up a few civilian comforts."
Posted 8 years ago in Norfolk, VA
Logistics Manager
in Virginia Beach, VA

"I have spent the past 14 years of my life serving my country in the United States Navy in a variety of career fields, activities, and deployments. At each command I was assigned to, I had different jobs, positions, I always put my sailors and command first. Within my ten-year in the Navy I have acquired the skills in operations and logistics engagement, safety, HAZMAT, training, education, career counseling, and career development. Those who I work for and with has been my number one priority."

Boat Operator
in Virginia Beach, VA

"I've worked in the US Navy for almost 6 years now. What I have learned is that it's very important to be a team player and get the job done to the very best of your ability. My express has given me the tools I need to succeed in any job field that may come my way."

in Groton, CT

"I have worked with PSD NLON since 2011 and there have been many overall changes that affects my ability to be efficient. Many of the resources there are available; however, it takes an act of Congress to get the things we need, including employees. Until that changes, things shall remain the same."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Operational Support Specialist
in Fort Dix, NJ

"I have been employed by the United States Navy for the past 28 years. During this time, the Navy has provided education, management experience, travel and promotional opportunities to all its sailors. Where else can you see the world and experience different cultures all the while serving your country. I would encourage all to experience the Navy. It's not a job, it's an adventure. Would I do it again.... Hell yes!"

Mission Manager
in Washington, DC

"The Navy served it's purpose and it gave me the discipline and experience I needed to better my life. I do not regret joining at all, but I felt like, at a certain point, it was not providing any benefit to me."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Leading Petty Officer
in Newport, RI

"I've worked for the U.S Navy for the last ten years. It has been a great experience. I have been at the Naval War College for the last four years. It was a great place that let me strive professionally and personally."

in Newport, RI

"I loved my time in the Navy and would happily sign up again."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Information Systems Security Manager
in Norfolk, VA

"I have worked for the US Navy since August 1999. I strongly support anyone willing to serve in the armed services. It has been a great experience. The training and support I have received in the past 15 years is invaluable to me. I can honestly say that I have experienced things that no one I grew up with will ever have the chance to see. I have traveled the world and been placed in charge of millions of dollars worth of equipment. The tuition assistance has been a lifesaver."

Intelligence Analyst
in Augusta, GA

"I joined the U.S. Navy in 1992 and retired in 2013. My Intelligence career took me to many overseas assignments such as Japan, Australia, Greece, and Africa. I also worked in Washington D.C., Maryland, Georgia and Florida. During my off time, I supported the local communities, such as youth organizations as a mentor. My most excitable moment was when I advance to the Senior level grade (E-7). Beside advancing, I received so much Technical training to support the intelligence community."

Records Manager
in Jacksonville, FL

"U.S. NAVY is an excellent place to work and in top of it you get to serve your country at the same time."

in Norfolk, VA

"I've been with the Navy for the past five years and loved it."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Electronics Technician
in Virginia Beach, VA

"If you need a stable income with benefits, the military takes care of its own. It's hard work but you can make it up the ranks if you show up to work on time, in the right uniform and keep the right attitude. I definitely saw some wonders of the world in just the four years that I spent in the Navy. I also got 50k for college which I used to become a software engineer and make lots of money now. It was a great way to grow up before I decided what I really wanted to be when I grew up!"

Fire Controlman
in Norfolk, VA

"I've worked for the US Navy and found it to be a highly demanding environment. I will forever miss the friendships and life experience that I gained there but I still feel the need to move on to improve myself and move up which can be seemingly impossible in a socialized military environment."

United States Navy Employee

"A great chance to better your life and advance."

Nuclear Mechanic
in Morro Bay, CA

"I worked for the United States Navy for 6 years as a nuclear mechanic. I learned a lot of information and was got a lot of hands-on experience."