(based on 182 Thomson Reuters Review Ratings)
"Great work/life balance and the perfect place to work if you're seeking a global career."
Posted 3 years ago in Boston, MA
Senior Systems Administrator
in Eagan, MN

"IT Professional with over 14+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and support/network. Expert and highly familiar with a wide variety of engineering, networking, and operating system software. * Project Implementation for Windows/Linux network improvement; * Project Implementation/Maintenance/Management of virtualized servers with VMware vCenter 4-6.7 * and XenServer; * Storage Management Technologies (HBAs, SANs e NAS, DAS, FC); * Responsible for the function of management, analysis and maintenance of equipment, services and infrastructure. * Analyze and implement continuous improvements in technology services. * Responsible for security and data integrity services, data management, backups, credentials management, Windows and Linux updates, etc. * Responsible for the analysis, implementation and maintenance of new IT tools that help and improve processes and help in the growth of the company. * Management of monitoring servers, Zabbix, Pandora, slack. Cost management and investments in IT products and services along with suppliers and partners. * Storage Equipment Management, Storages, DR, Tape Library, Backup Tools, Netvault, Backup Exec. * Firewall Management (IPtables and PFsense); * Management and analysis of services and middleware tools (Jboss, wildfly, nginx, Sybase, etc). * Management of Active Directory, Proxy, Emails (postfix, cyrus-imap, Lotus Domino), DNS, IIS, DFS. * Management of Physical Servers, Clouds, VMWare ESXi, Linux, Windows Server. * Management and creation of services automation scripts. * Critical Environment Operations (DataCenter, Cloud, DR) * Management of IT services offered by third parties, such as Datacenter. * Network Traffic Management; * Routers/Switches Configuration; * Follow-up of structured cabling projects"

in Toronto, ON

"I have worked for this company since 2009. I have never seen so many office politics. Managers don't manage people or help them get work done but spend their time patting each other on the back and organizing ridiculous games. The cutbacks and layoffs have left much of the staff nervous and overworked."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Thomson Reuters (257)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Western Illinois University (10)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (10)
Marketing Manager
in Boston, MA

in San Francisco, CA

"I worked for the marketplace as a back end engineer."

Average Thomson Reuters Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Thomson Reuters Employee

"I've worked for Thomson Reuters for over 10 years. It's a large corporation with locations all over the globe. The work is challenging, yet rewarding. They consistently seek out new and innovative technologies to solve issues. There is also the caveat of collaboration with colleagues at different locations to achieve results. Great benefits and remote support. Overall, a great place to work. The people are also first class."

in Rochester, NY

"I have worked for Thomson Reuters for 8+ years. Overall the technology stack is very large and is mostly up to date. Like any other large company there are always politics in play. The work life balance is excellent, but the benefits and compensation are lagging behind industry standards."

in Eagan, MN

"I have worked for Thomson Reuters for 3 years now. I have learned a lot while working there and was able to focus VMware Virtualization. It is great to get exposed to some of the larger implementations of VMware vSphere. The Technology Organization is going through some transformations right now and I feel it could better the company in the long run."

in Dexter, MI

"I have worked for Thomson Reuters for the last year. The company is fantastic and the products they offer the Tax and Accounting professional are second to none. Their management team is fantastic once you get past their "launch team". The manager for the launch team is big into favoritism and only helps people she likes."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Thomson Reuters Employee

"Great place to work if you are in right team. I worked there for more than 12 years."

Thomson Reuters Employee

"The company has more fat than muscle. Cost cutting is always main thing but they mostly cut muscle and keep fat."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Eagan, MN

"Thomson Reuters has given me a great opportunity to expand my technical skills. Growth and opportunity for promotion in my department is limited though."

Technology Intern
in Ann Arbor, MI

"I enjoyed my time at Thomson Reuters. My only strife with them is that the training period lasted a bit too long."

in Saint Louis, MO

"Just okay to work here - good benefits, but lacks strong vibrant growth."

Application Delivery Manager
in Venice, CA

"I enjoyed it. Good people and fun project."

in Hauppauge, NY

"They are outsourcing everyone in IT and the company considers itself an IT company."