On average, employees at Schlumberger give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Schlumberger employees are Software Developers submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Systems Engineers also with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 153 Schlumberger Review Ratings)
"This is the best company you can ever wish to get a job at. The company's expectations of you are very high, but the reward is even higher. The company invests in all its employees and motivates them greatly to become the best at both their fields and any other field the employee desires. You will never, ever, be bored, and the career progression could be both a vertical or a horizontal progression depending on your desire."
Posted 6 years ago in Houston, TX
in Von Ormy, TX

"Worked for Schlumberger as a field engineer for a year, and although the training is exceptional, you don't get to apply much of the knowledge that you learn in the actual job. The hours are very long and the schedule was a 14/7 rotational schedule. I don't regret getting the opportunity to work for them but it isn't for everyone."

Schlumberger Employee

"A great company to build your experience and develop important skills for the workplace. The culture is work hard, play hard and you will be put to test plenty of time and are expected to be independent. In short, a very intensive and satisfying experience, combined with lifetime friendships."

Schlumberger (229)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Spirit Halloween (16)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Rescue Rooter (9)
Senior Geophysicist

"Very good experience in the company."

in Columbia, MO

"schlumberger is a company with a very adequate staff training capacity, the human warmth of each employee is very good and their product and the service that is sold always demands that it be of quality. With this the staff that works has a very great value for the comfort"

Average Schlumberger Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Service Intern
in Tampa, FL

"I interned for Schlumberger for a summer rotation on their operational base in the Ecuadorian Amazon. They provide excellent training and a detailed path for growth."

Schlumberger Employee

"It's an oversell. Not interested in seeing employees develop."

Electronics Technician
in Henderson, CO

"I worked for schlumberger and it is a very large company. It's a service company for oil and gas industry. I enjoyed working there!"

Schlumberger Employee

"I've worked with better organized companies. They need to improve their employee appreciation."

in Grand Haven, MI

"I've worked at Cameron for 7+ years and have worked at many different facilities within the organization. The company has a strong focus on safety and quality products that stand out in the industry. In general the company has good compensation and benefits for the employees as well as positive work life balance."

in Oklahoma City, OK

"I have been employed with ABC Company for a little over 4 years now. ABC Company is dedicated to developing their employees into future leaders of the organization. You can tell that they truly invest in talent and would like to see their employees succeed. Overall, I would highly recommend ABC Company as a place to work if you are looking for career progression and stability."

Program Manager

"I worked for Schlumberger for 14 years. There is great opportunity for advancement and cross functional promotions. Culture is quite formal, with management still wearing suits in the office."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Logistics Specialist Intern

"I was hired as a Logistics Specialist Intern which I worked through my senior year of getting my Bachelors's degree. I was able to gain magnitude of experience during my year internship. Mainly I gained international experience involving supply chain and logistics. Expect a high-stress environment with plenty of work to do."

in Rosharon, TX

"Working in manufacturing and production, of course, you’re looking for long hours, but the workweek is only 4 days. Overall I like it here, but only when I’m not working 4th shift. If you have no problem working weekends, this job is perfect for you."

in Boston, MA

"The research in the Schlumberger was amazing. The mentors were extremely helpful and guided me through the project."

in Sugar Land, TX

"Excellent way to improve and growth through the company"