(based on 187 SAIC Review Ratings)
"Although I did not work for SAIC long, I would recommend this company to anyone. It was the most fantastic internship I could have asked for. I was challenged to learn so many different things but at the same time was given the freedom to get projects and assignments done at my own pace and in my own ways. I finished all projects on time and even earlier and was always given the opportunity to do more. My co-workers were always helpful and taught me so much. Everyone was quite happy there."
Posted 7 years ago in Huntsville, AL
Software Developer
in Reston, VA

"I've worked for SAIC since December of 2014. I've found them to be a very fair and honest company to work for. Despite being a large company, upper management is appreciative of their front-line workers and holds regular all-hands meetings to discuss company-wide issues and opportunities. The also foster an environment dedicated towards honesty and fairness with both their clients and their employees. Software development teams were also large enough where developers weren't overloaded, but small enough to foster a real team-mentality and work in a streamlined fashion."

SAIC Employee

"I've worked with SAIC for 4 years, it's a great start for me starting out of college. I expect a lot from training and good habits to improve my skill. With the lack of proper management, engineers tend to fend for themselves, so I build a relationship with long-standing colleagues. Since there is no training, I talk and ask as many questions from experience co-workers and absorb their wisdom to improve my skillsets. I also observe the bad habits of other engineers and understand a different way than I can adapt myself. It's an excellent company for new engineers if you are paying attention. They gave me an opportunity to learn as much as I can."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

SAIC (300)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Newport Medical Instruments (7)
1.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Roberts Home Medical (5)
Senior Systems Engineer
in Huntsville, AL

"I have worked with SAIC since 1981. It is a great company to work for and I am not wanting to leave my current position. The current management of the project that I am tasked to work on mismanaged some funds and now several employees are without funding. I am willing to use all of the skills that I have learned in the past 39 years and start a new adventure with a different company."

SAIC Employee

"A good company to work for."

SAIC Employee

"Great company and great people. the mission gave me pride to do my work and plenty of growth"

Network Engineer

"I have worked with SAIC for the last year and a half. It's a great company but I am looking to move to texas. The company itself and the employees inside have all been great. The teamwork and morality from my standpoint was there."

in Anniston, AL

"Worked on a contract involving this company for almost 10 years. Worked for this company for slightly over half that. Big company with pros and cons. Seems to always be in a state of leadership transition."

SAIC Employee

"Strong sense of work ethic and drive"

Desktop Support Technician
in Chantilly, VA

"SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. With an intimate understanding of our customers' challenges and deep expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to rapidly deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solution"

Service Desk Technician
in Cookeville, TN

"I love working there, the job is well defined and well trained"

Computer Engineering Intern
in El Paso, TX

"Great work environment, management and PM's are very technologically sound. Great help when it comes to having difficult projects."

Cyber Security Analyst
in Vienna, VA

"I have worked for SAIC for 2 years and found it to be a great work environment."

Linux Systems Administrator
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I worked at the FAA for an accumulation of about 5 years total. It can be an ok place to work if you get in specific departments. that being said, there is a work culture of separating "Feds" from "contractors". this started back in the '80s when pres. Regan laid off a bunch of feds on strike. now contractors, for the most part, are seen as dirt, and disposable. the contracting company i worked for SAIC, is actually a good company to work for though. during the federal shut down, they paid us what we would have been paid if we were still working. even after getting laid off, they paid us 1 month extra wages to help get us brough back on to the FAA. they tried to fight on our behalf to get the FAA to bring us back to work. the FAA said NO however - like they usually do..."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Engineering Technician
in Hanahan, SC

"A great place to be but needs better pay"

in McLean, VA

"I've worked in the company for quite some time and I enjoyed working here as well."