(based on 153 SAIC Review Ratings)
"Is a phenomenal workplace to start off your career. Everyone in the office is friendly and wants you to succeed."
Posted 6 years ago in Littleton, CO
in Waveland, MS

"Worked for SAIC on a government contract for over 12 years. Day to day environment could be characterized as hostile, but expected due to government management. Employee leave and benefits were exceptional, or at least until changes in healthcare began to increase cost and lower service to the employee."

IT Program Manager
in Sacramento, CA

"Large company that makes it difficult to progress your career."

Writer
in Columbia, MD

"I have worked within these diverse company for over 10 years and enjoy it greatly. The ability to move laterally is always a plus when looking for new avenues of training or advancing a career goal"

Senior Electrical Engineer
in Frederick, MD

"I started in April 2009 and worked with some great engineers along with electricians, technicians, technologists, scientist and doctors."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Design Drafter
in North Charleston, SC

"I work in Engineering doing manufacturing drafting for military trucks, cabling, systems, and vids. Using Solid Works 2011 and 2013, AutoCAD 2011 and Wind Chill. Job required Secret Security Clearance."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
SAIC Employee
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Underbidding jobs puts cuts in raises, as well as benefits, but who isn't these days."

SAIC Employee
in Kansas City, MO

"Great company and benefits, management in this location is top notch."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Operations Manager
in Washington, DC

"I worked for SAIC in multiple locations and the work environment was excellent. It was a professional engineering services organization."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Help Desk Support Technician
in Alexandria, VA

"It's a great company where I feel respected as a human. I like that there is a balance."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Service Desk Lead
in Oak Ridge, TN

"SAIC is a good company to work for. The work environment varies slightly from one contract to another. Overall I have enjoyed my time there."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Senior Analyst
in Huntsville, AL

"Excellent company! I love the people there and have always felt right at home as far as being able to proffessionally grow and excell!"

Quality Control Technician

"I was employed in Afghanistan and the company was good. I was laid off do to the contract ending this year. I would love to work for them again in the future if they had a position near to where I lived."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
in Suffolk, VA

"I worked for SAIC for over a year. It was a good position while it lasted. Another company won the contract for our work and then I lost my job."

Editor
in Washington, DC

"Shiny on the surface, but a lot of warts underneath."

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"the office is close to my home, so there is very little commute time, starting salary was competitive, and my division gives new employees 3 weeks of leave/sick time a year."

"Be aware that if you are unable to maintain direct coverage, you will be laid off. There is no access to work on overhead charges for those who are supposed to be billing directly."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"SAIC ditched real health insurance for a Health Savings Account and charges the employee a hefty premium for a program that covers nothing but an annual physical without a huge out of pocket deductible. No matter how well an employee is rated on their performance agreement, the raises are horrible (under 3% in my division). SAIC does not cover employees when there is a slowdown in work, the company either lays off the employee or makes them casual. SAIC is in the process of splitting into two companies and are hiring upper level management for each company on an average of one a week. Unfortunately, they seem to be laying off lower level employees at about the same rate and getting actual work done is becoming difficult. As part of this split, SAIC is forcing (non-executive) employees into cubicles so they can collaborate with their co-workers. Unfortunately, employees in the same building are seldom part of the same business unit or division and their work has no relationship to any of the other employees so any possible collaboration would be useless. SAIC talks a good game, but does not fulfill their hype."

"Reduce the number of levels of management, we are far too top heavy. If cuts are needed to make the company profitable, spread it out over all levels of the company instead of just the lower levels of staffing. Reinstate the employee forum so employees have access to a way to interact with management when issues arise. Start treating your employees like an asset instead of a hindrance to stock profitability."

Database Developer
in Washington, DC

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"It has good website to manage various personal bbenefits and information."

"Be prepare 4-8 weeks to process security clearance after receiving offer letter."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"It provides few training opportunity. It has slow deployment process."

"IT manager should be more technical background, so the communication can be easier."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5