1,203 Lockheed Martin Reviews

Browse Lockheed Martin Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Lockheed Martin give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Lockheed Martin employees are Programmers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Technical Specialists also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 760 Lockheed Martin Review Ratings)
"I worked for Lockheed Martin since 2001 as a full time employee and had a stint of over a year as a sub-contractor. They are a great company to work for if you have drive and initiative. If you are willing to put in the hard work, you can be successful."
Posted 3 years ago in Arlington, VA
in Ocala, FL

"A company culture where you will thrive if you do not wish to advance and are willing to work long hours. If you are servile in your demeanor and don't mind working in a place with no windows, you may fit in here. Military based atmosphere."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lockheed Martin Employee

"Lockheed Martin took over the contract at Fort Campbell, KY in July 2013. Within 4 months there were over 100 employees laid off. More were to follow. Morale is generally low at this site. The AH-46, CH-47 and UH-60 RESET Manager's positions have all seen a minimum of 3 changes of leadership in the past 22 months. Forget about bettering yourself or your position here. Job interviews are just a corporate requirement. The "good old boy" local network has pretty much decided the outcome before the interviews are conducted. Experience and qualifications are not that important."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Lockheed Martin (1203)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is PACCAR (10)
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Great projects, but long hours in certain fields can burn you out."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Software QA Engineer
in Foxborough, MA

"I have worked for Lockheed Martin for 8 months, it is great place to work, I really like it."

Average Lockheed Martin Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Goodyear, AZ

"Great way to spend my internship. Being a software engineer at Lockheed Martin, I was able to learn many technologies to assist my career in the future. Unfortunately, all operations were moving to Denver from Phoenix and I was not willing to relocate."

Application Developer
in Rockville, MD

"I've worked for Lockheed Martin for almost a year now. The company seems to have a very employee friendly atmosphere and has many resources available for skill and career growth. I have the opportunity to expose myself to new skills and opportunities while being able to be a productive contributor to the products we deliver to our client."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"I have worked for LMSSC since 1996, but have almost gotten laid off several times due to programs ending or being downsized. I was even put on WARN even though I had more experience and proper skills than a younger, female engineer at the same rate, who later needed me to show her how to use the thermal analysis tools that the director said that they didn't need. I am currently working in Facilities, but they are downsizing and seem to be moving everything that they can to Denver. Because I was previously at a higher position, I can't get pay raises and so far, they haven't promoted me back to Staff level or higher, while I have my professional Engineer license and am doing more than the previous engineer. The work is fun enough and varied, but a lot of paperwork, especially after they moved to a new maintenance management system."

Science and Engineering Manager
in Arlington, VA

in Ocala, FL

"The people are great, however if you are at one of the smaller sites there may be impediments to advancement. The relationships between sites can vary, but I would say if you are at a smaller site prepare to get dumped on by whomever is above you."

in New Orleans, LA

"LMC has been a great company to work for. I encourage others, should they get the opportunity, to work here."

in Grand Prairie, TX

"I've worked at Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control for a little over three years. I enjoy the 9/80 work schedule and I enjoy the team cohesiveness. I was disappointed in some of the corporate policies and the difficulty in getting raises and promotions without applying for other positions. Great work benefits including flex time, work from home, and saving vacations."

in Marietta, GA

"Large company, with great benefits, good work life balance, 980 schedules. Cons are non diverse management, good ole boy system of promoting."

in Suffolk, VA

"Pay cuts, on top of pay cuts."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Melbourne, FL

"I love this place."

in San Antonio, TX

"QTC is a great place for employment."