Goodwill Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Goodwill Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Goodwill give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Goodwill employees are Store Managers submitting an average rating of 4.4 and Administrative Assistants also with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 121 Goodwill Review Ratings)

"Goodwill does amazing things for the community. As with any company there are better executives than other, better employees than others. But most everyone there has a heart for what they do. I worked for the Goodwill of Middle TN. They definitely had a heart for their community. Matt Glostner is a higher up in the company and has the biggest heart out of anyone I have ever worked with."
Posted 8 years ago in Nashville, TN
HR Business Partner

"Goodwill is a great place to work."

Goodwill Employee

"Management emphasis the companies principals and oversaw a daily review of those principals in every single morning meeting .Now for the bad news. Never have I worked for a company that functioned on the complete opposite in their daily operations. Management constantly spoke down to every employee. When problems arose and associates consulted with management the outcome was a utter disaster. Management isolated themselves from customers and associates. Store Management's reluctance to speak to irritated customers was frustrating. Even when associates solved situations with customer the store manage failed to recognize the effort of associates and criticized the customer and the employee. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Complains of management to human resources fell up deaf ears. I feel like the way the head of human resources addressed my concerns wee very unprofessional and condescending. I was now the "problem." If that was bad enough corporate response was even worst. After numerous emails and phone calls never returned from the corporate office I had enough. The image of this non profit /charity has been forever tarnished. Everyone at this location was so intimidated by management the morale and work environment was horrific. The only goal of management was sales bonuses . Squeezing out as much profit from customers and productivity from associates was the only constant concern of this corporation. Reaching sales numbers by any means canceled out every single one of the principles this company claimed to abide by and execute."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Goodwill (173)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Goodwill Employee

"Goodwill Industries provided me with every training opportunity I could have wished for when starting out a new job. This made the transition into the job smooth and easy, and helped lead me to a successful time there. Both the management and co-workers of this location were some of the most friendly and helpful that I have ever had, and made it sad to leave when it was time."

Goodwill Employee

"I recommend those of you who are seeking a job at Goodwill to consider how much respect you have for yourselves"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Goodwill Employee

"I recently moved to San Antonio and was looking for jobs and I found Goodwill and love working there. They're very welcoming and were able to work with me when I was sick."

Donation Attendant

"Unsafe place to work. No protection for workers. People who donate do not wear masks. Truck drivers making deliveries do not wear masks. People who need help loading furniture to their cars do not wear masks. Employees and managers do not wear masks. Workers who complain about safety are punished and harassed."

Goodwill Employee

"I worked for Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana for around 2 years and They provided me with ample opportunity to learn and grow in my position as long as I was willing to reach for it. I would highly recommend them as a workplace to my friends and colleagues."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Goodwill Employee

"Excellent company to work for, very employee focused."

Goodwill Employee

"I have been with this employer for sometime now and have watched it go on a downward spiral the last year. Company is terminating high salary managers and assistant managers. Because of a new VP company, which is non-profit, is now over 8M in debt."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Manager

"I loved working Seattle Goodwill. The crew was like a family. We worked hard and were always rewarded for that hard work with company parties and potlucks. I learned so many new skills working there and loved how they promoted from within. P"

Goodwill Employee

"I’ve worked for goodwill about a year now. And supervisors just aren’t good with working with others. Though the pay is okay, when it comes to personal matters; such as family deaths they do not work with you regarding your grievance."

Goodwill Employee

"I only worked for Goodwill Industries for six months, but they were a great company to work for as a software engineer. They never overworked us, and were all too aware of the seriousness of burnout and the high turnover rate in our field, and took great pains to keep us sane and happy. I would love to work for them again in the future."

Verification Specialist

"Good Will has recently had a change in leadership and a change in the vision (mission) of the Company. I feel we have changed from helping folks get jobs to meeting the number goal."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Database Administrator

"Goodwill was a non-profitable organization does a lot to the neighborhood. One of the best companies that I worked for."

Goodwill Employee

"San Diego County- Goodwill Industries It is an organization that has been serving the San Diego community since 1930. The mission statement is “Getting people jobs.” It is a Non Profit organization that really supports the community and provides employment for people with barriers."

Goodwill Reviews FAQs

Is Goodwill a good company to work for?

Goodwill has an overall rating of 3.7 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 121 Goodwill Review Ratings left anonymously by Goodwill employees, which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 88% of employees would recommend working at Goodwill.

Does Goodwill pay their employees well?

Goodwill employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour, which is 55% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 48 Goodwill employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Goodwill Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Goodwill?

88% of employees would recommend working at Goodwill with the overall rating of 3.7 out of 5. Employees also rated Goodwill 3.6 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.1 for Rewards You Receive, 3.1 for Growth Opportunities and 3.4 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Goodwill?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Goodwill is a Information Systems Manager at $150,000 annually. Browse Goodwill Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Goodwill?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Goodwill is a Production Team Member at $12,000 annually. Browse Goodwill Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Goodwill?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Goodwill to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Goodwill Employee Job Reviews by Location