(based on 345 General Motors Review Ratings)
"I have worked at GM for over 2 years now. The work environment is fantastic . There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. Additionally, there are really smart and friendly people to work with. But on the individual basis there is a lot of stiff competition to get a promotion."
Posted 5 years ago in Detroit, MI
Validation Engineer
in Warren, MI

"Dear Hiring Manager, I am writing to express my interest in the position that is currently available with your company. Graduating with a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, Michigan with focus on Solids Track of the academics has helped me a lot in gaining theoretical knowledge along with practical experience. Working in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and General Motors has helped to improve my skill set along with hands on experience. I was able to fully utilize my analytical and quantitative reasoning taught in the classroom at the corporate level. Along with excellent engineering skills and problem solving ability with adaptability, i offer you excellent lab experience combined with a passion for research. I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with General Motors, FCA and participated in the engineering of various major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages I have attached my resume for your further consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position and my qualifications further. Please feel free to contact me via information listed above. Thanking you with anticipation, Sincerely, Sid."

Site Manager
in Rochester, MI

"no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment"

in Milford, MI

"Worked at GM for 23 years. I was unluckily part of a large lay-off this last February 2019, when many of our transmission programs were reduced. I found the work to be challenging and rewarding. The jobs I held allowed me great flexibility when it came to raising a family. I'd recommend anyone spend some time working there."

General Motors Employee

"Great benefits and work-life balance! Major con: a lot of red tape. 100 year old company trying to become a 21st century company."

Average General Motors Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Chandler, AZ

"General Motors is pioneering many areas of transportation and support of the IT organization is a known and understood factor in their goals to be successful."

Senior Technical Product Manager

"General Motors Sales and Marketing IT department provides services globally to millions of customers. I've worked in the global dealer site as a product owner since 2015. It is a fast paced and collaborative environment. To be successful, one must be detail-oriented, a fast learner, and able to juggle multiple projects."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Detroit, MI

"I've worked with General Motors since 2017. It is a well-established leader in the industry with competitive salaries and open abilities to move within the company. It still lacks industry-leading support technologies, which tends to hinder its ability to support its customers on occasion."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
General Motors Employee

"Global telecom is a great place to work. The leadership promote career advancement, training and recognition."

"I currently work here."

Software Developer

"Would not recommend. A decent job, but very slow and bureaucratic."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
General Motors Employee

"I've been working for GM as a supplier and as an employee for 14 years. This is a great company to work for. My team is always looking for ways to improve user experience and provide automation for more efficient processes."

in Lordstown, OH

"The recent turn around by GM in regards to product quality & styling, performance, labor relations, and financial performance has truly been amazing. It involved relentless hard work of which I am proud of my contributions."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
IT Business Analyst
in Westport, IN

"I've worked for GM for 2 years."

Software Developer
in Chandler, AZ

"Great work environment for their IT transformation. They have a lot of potential, and a high expectation to live up to. Very similar to a startup, but with a lot of capital to invest into itself."

Powertrain Designer
in Warren, MI

"This was a very interesting position, I was part of a team involved with advanced vehicle design of heavy duty trucks using gas and diesel powered powertrains. And also working on European small car and SUV with manual trans."