(based on 352 General Motors Review Ratings)
"GM is a great company, and is trying to do great things in pulling work back in house that has been outsourced for literally decades. The dispersed workforce and some teams spread across all four sites. (Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, Austin) All are making the job more difficult than it needs to be. The overwhelming presence of ex-Dell and ex-HP employees in Austin ostracizes a lot of good people and good input - even that of ex-Dell and ex-HP people in other sites. Overall, though, a good gig."
Posted 6 years ago in Roswell, GA
in Warren, MI

"From the best places to be in"

General Motors Employee

"I've worked for General Motors since January of 2018. It's a great company to work for with an inviting and friendly environment for its employees. There's a huge focus on keeping customers happy as well as advancing the technology available to all of the customers."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Roswell, GA

"Great employment and benefits!"

Software Developer

"Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision 4% Retirement contribution, plus up to 4% matching Annual profit sharing Multiple locations within US if desire to relocate Tuition reimbursement up to 8K per year Ability to work from home Great coworkers Great management"

Average General Motors Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Buyer
in Warren, MI

"I've worked with GM on and off over the last 14 years. I really enjoyed working there and it was a great company that helped you achieve/exceed your career goals."

Senior Electrical Designer
in Kokomo, IN

"I've worked for General Motors and find it to be a excellent place to work. My job location was in Kokomo, IN. This site employed about 800 people, it was a manufacturing site. Working with this people was a great and I really enjoyed my job."

Maintenance Supervisor
in Roanoke, IN

"I’ve worked for General Motors for 3 years and we have about 4000 employees"

Validation Engineer
in Warren, MI

"Dear Hiring Manager, I am writing to express my interest in the position that is currently available with your company. Graduating with a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, Michigan with focus on Solids Track of the academics has helped me a lot in gaining theoretical knowledge along with practical experience. Working in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and General Motors has helped to improve my skill set along with hands on experience. I was able to fully utilize my analytical and quantitative reasoning taught in the classroom at the corporate level. Along with excellent engineering skills and problem solving ability with adaptability, i offer you excellent lab experience combined with a passion for research. I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with General Motors, FCA and participated in the engineering of various major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages I have attached my resume for your further consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position and my qualifications further. Please feel free to contact me via information listed above. Thanking you with anticipation, Sincerely, Sid."

Site Manager
in Rochester, MI

"no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment"

in Milford, MI

"Worked at GM for 23 years. I was unluckily part of a large lay-off this last February 2019, when many of our transmission programs were reduced. I found the work to be challenging and rewarding. The jobs I held allowed me great flexibility when it came to raising a family. I'd recommend anyone spend some time working there."

General Motors Employee

"Great benefits and work-life balance! Major con: a lot of red tape. 100 year old company trying to become a 21st century company."

in Chandler, AZ

"General Motors is pioneering many areas of transportation and support of the IT organization is a known and understood factor in their goals to be successful."

Senior Technical Product Manager

"General Motors Sales and Marketing IT department provides services globally to millions of customers. I've worked in the global dealer site as a product owner since 2015. It is a fast paced and collaborative environment. To be successful, one must be detail-oriented, a fast learner, and able to juggle multiple projects."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Pontiac, MI

"I've worked at GM for 30 years, 10 as contract employee and 20 direct with the company. I many opportunities during my career to expand my experience and knowledge in different areas. I would recommend GM as a good employer."

in Detroit, MI

"I've worked with General Motors since 2017. It is a well-established leader in the industry with competitive salaries and open abilities to move within the company. It still lacks industry-leading support technologies, which tends to hinder its ability to support its customers on occasion."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5