(based on 427 General Motors Review Ratings)
"GM is a great company, and is trying to do great things in pulling work back in house that has been outsourced for literally decades. The dispersed workforce and some teams spread across all four sites. (Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, Austin) All are making the job more difficult than it needs to be. The overwhelming presence of ex-Dell and ex-HP employees in Austin ostracizes a lot of good people and good input - even that of ex-Dell and ex-HP people in other sites. Overall, though, a good gig."
Posted 7 years ago in Roswell, GA
in Detroit, MI

"Passionate for vehicles, Engineering and Motorsport, more than 32 years of experience in the automotive industry. Solid knowledge in relevant areas of product engineering, quality and manufacturing areas. Driven for results, excellence and people development (especially with multicultural teams). Mobility: USA, Europe, Asia & Australia."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"I have worked at General Motors for 6 years now and have liked it overall."

in Lansing, MI

"I've worked for general motors for five years and am content with my experience with them."

in Pontiac, MI

"Great place to work. One of the best jobs I've ever had."

Senior Project Manager
in Novi, MI

"Very good company. They provide trainings to employees."

General Motors Employee

"I've worked at GM since 2014. The company culture is amazing and the safety standards of their vehicles has really improved over last decade."

in Warren, MI

"From the best places to be in"

General Motors Employee

"I've worked for General Motors since January of 2018. It's a great company to work for with an inviting and friendly environment for its employees. There's a huge focus on keeping customers happy as well as advancing the technology available to all of the customers."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Roswell, GA

"Great employment and benefits!"

Software Developer

"Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision 4% Retirement contribution, plus up to 4% matching Annual profit sharing Multiple locations within US if desire to relocate Tuition reimbursement up to 8K per year Ability to work from home Great coworkers Great management"

in Lockport, NY

"I've worked here over 13 years. The compensation is great. The opportunities to advance are endless, but the process for advancement changes from candidate to candidate, job to job. It's unfortunate that most times someone is promoted, it is not the most talented or most qualified person."

Senior Buyer
in Warren, MI

"I've worked with GM on and off over the last 14 years. I really enjoyed working there and it was a great company that helped you achieve/exceed your career goals."

Senior Electrical Designer
in Kokomo, IN

"I've worked for General Motors and find it to be a excellent place to work. My job location was in Kokomo, IN. This site employed about 800 people, it was a manufacturing site. Working with this people was a great and I really enjoyed my job."

Maintenance Supervisor
in Roanoke, IN

"I’ve worked for General Motors for 3 years and we have about 4000 employees"

Validation Engineer
in Warren, MI

"Dear Hiring Manager, I am writing to express my interest in the position that is currently available with your company. Graduating with a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, Michigan with focus on Solids Track of the academics has helped me a lot in gaining theoretical knowledge along with practical experience. Working in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and General Motors has helped to improve my skill set along with hands on experience. I was able to fully utilize my analytical and quantitative reasoning taught in the classroom at the corporate level. Along with excellent engineering skills and problem solving ability with adaptability, i offer you excellent lab experience combined with a passion for research. I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with General Motors, FCA and participated in the engineering of various major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages I have attached my resume for your further consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position and my qualifications further. Please feel free to contact me via information listed above. Thanking you with anticipation, Sincerely, Sid."