(based on 337 General Motors Review Ratings)
"GM is a great company, and is trying to do great things in pulling work back in house that has been outsourced for literally decades. The dispersed workforce and some teams spread across all four sites. (Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, Austin) All are making the job more difficult than it needs to be. The overwhelming presence of ex-Dell and ex-HP employees in Austin ostracizes a lot of good people and good input - even that of ex-Dell and ex-HP people in other sites. Overall, though, a good gig."
Posted 5 years ago in Roswell, GA
Design Release Engineer
in Warren, MI

"I have worked for General Motors for nearly 4 years, I was satisfied with my job for about a year, then started requesting transfers but have been denied since. I originally enjoyed the learning of the job, then my job grew to be the Spackle of the group that filled all the gaps everyone else left, because of that my manager has had a hard time letting me move to another position."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Warren, MI

"Misrepresented employment. Got cold-called by GM, they asked me if I'd be interested. Applied and got job. Got along great with my boss.One week later, something wasn't going good on some other project. They pulled a developer off that project, and told me I'd be reporting to a different manager and not even doing development anymore! I'd be doing more product configuration than development. I explained to my old manager, new manager, upper management, HR, and nobody cared."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Application Developer
in Detroit, MI

"I have worked at GM for over 2 years now. The work environment is fantastic . There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. Additionally, there are really smart and friendly people to work with. But on the individual basis there is a lot of stiff competition to get a promotion."

in Oshawa, ON

"Good place to work - would recommend them."

in Torrance, CA

"I've work for General Motors for 8 years. It has good benefits, especially health insurance."

Validation Engineer
in Pontiac, MI

"Great company to work for. So many opportunities to learn from."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Manager
in Detroit, MI

"I have been with GM for a short time because I was requested to work on a short term project, however during my time there I have found it to be a great working environment filled with intelligent hard working people and a great team atmosphere. I have tremendous respect for each of my peers and everyday I see the determination and drive in there work and it motivates me to perform at an even higher level. I have had the pleasure of working for several very intelligent and successful people."

Intern
in Bowling Green, KY

"Great place to work. I love the Corvette."

Powertrain Architect
in Greenville, SC

"Its a brilliant place to work. Probably one of the best things that can happen to one during graduation."

Powertrain Design Engineer
in Pontiac, MI

"Very good company to be associated with, General Motors has has a presence for over 100 years in many countries. It lives to utmost ethical values and leadership."

Senior Manager
in Roswell, GA

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
SAP PP

"I been working with GM Corp. I like working here, unfortunately my project is ending."

Design and Release Engineer
in Indianapolis, IN

"Very poorly managed, I have lost much of my training due to working here."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Design Release Engineer
in Detroit, MI

"I worked for GM Mexico for 12 years. It's a good place to work, has great facilities, tools, resources and technology to do your work. The GM Employee has good economic benefits. The environment work is multicultural, which gives a great opportunity to know other cultures and travel. Also there are great opportunities to change of responsability in case you feel you can make better or expand your expertise in other area. In GMM always there is something to do or learn."

Quality Engineer
in Buffalo, NY

"I have worked for GM for over 30 years. They have been a very good employer to work for. The company has had its ups and downs over the years but I would definitely recommend GM as an ideal place to work."