On average, employees at Fifth Third Bank give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Fifth Third Bank employees are Dealer Development Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Customer Service Managers with a rating of 4.0.

(based on 67 Fifth Third Bank Review Ratings)
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've been in this biz for a long time. I can safely say this position was the absolute worst with 53. The Regional was the worst manager I have ever had. She is very deceitful and over-promised the position in every possible way. Expect the unexpected. Horrible career, and thankfully I got away as soon as possible."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Mortgage Loan Officer
in Merrillville, IN

"Fifth Third Bank was legendary on mortgage production for many years. They have several fulfillment centers in several states. I liked the company's culture and the teamwork they utilized at Fifth Third Bank. Unfortunately, the mortgage division faced large volume challenges during the refinance booms of 2010-2012 and they didn't adapt to meet the increased volume. They outsourced to an off shore partnership for the imaging of our documents, and later they laid off closers in the Chicago area in favor of another state. After leaving the company, I hear they have out sourced the closing of mortgage loans to a foreign company, also."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Fifth Third Bank (114)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
in Grand Rapids, MI

"I have really enjoyed working with clients of the bank. They are from a variety of industries and with a variety of issues to be resolved. My supervisor was unprepared and unqualified to supervise me, but soldered on anyway despite a lack of technical and industry experience. The bank requires employees to take annual surveys, and "suggests" that a performance of "5" or better is required. This invalidates the Gallop Survey results in my opinion. Fewer layers of management and more attention to detail is what is required here."

in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked at Fifth Third Bank for 5 years. Overall, I enjoy my experiences at the bank."

Average Fifth Third Bank Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Business Analyst
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked with Fifth Third Bank for more than 5 years. During my tenure, I've participated in a Leadership Program which has helped me quickly acclimate with multiple groups throughout the bank. The experience was worthwhile and helped me quickly gain skills in multiple IT areas."

in Cincinnati, OH

"I have worked for Fifth Third for the past seven years. Over this time the company has provided very good opportunities to build and grow my career."

in Louisville, KY

"Decent company overall. Good benefits but can be a stressful environment and tough to move up."

in Cincinnati, OH

"Fifth Third as a company is great. They do care and listen to their employees. However each department is different and the choice between work life and home life is not a priority."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
IT Specialist
in Cincinnati, OH

"Worst job ever. Poor role clarity. Extreme office politics make you not want to do 'the right thing'. Abused by a bully to point I had to report person to HR. Favoritism based on mgmt friendships is sickening (hello boys club!). Unqualified managers who have only been promoted because they have tolerated the abuse for 5+ years. Sneaky and self-serving attitudes abound (survival technique). Little recognition for your efforts. Mgr uninterested in my day-to-day or growth. Place is a grinder. Burnt out."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"The management here is not very qualified. Does not work with employees and has lack of experience. He thinks he knows it all and will not take the time to learn. I have been with company 15 years and I have never been so disgusted as I am now with this company. Their HR dept is the worst as well. And I have to say, they can't give you the raise you deserve but they sure can find ways to throw money away. (For example: we had HD tv installed throughout building to keep up to date info and within a year they all were taken down. So where did the TV's go) Plus you can see as plain as day if you suck up to management you will become a VP or AVP just so you can get more money. One dept within mine has 10 employees and of them 5 are officers. For 70 employees we have 14 managers. Of those 14, 4 flirt and are unprofessional managers - you see the action right in front of you. This one I love - who just happens to be mine watches the REDS game on the computer and if you have an issue you have to wait until there is a break. He will not say why he is unable to help but if you go to his desk sure enough he is laid back listening away. And the sad part is the VP's office is right next to his and I bet he doesn't even know. My box is packed and that day is coming close and it is a shame that they make me so unhappy that I am just about to walk out."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Kentwood, MI

"I personally did not like the company's ethical views and at times how they would treat their long time customers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Wholesale Mortgage Underwriter
in Tampa, FL

"I was hired at Fifth third bank just a couple months before they began layoffs. I was not there long enough to truly demonstrate my abilities or advance with the company. The fulfillment platform they used was very difficult to use. The compensation was the best part of the job. Fifth Third paid better than my previous two employers."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"I have worked for Fifth Third since 2010. It has been a stable company with rapid growth in the mortgage department. They over staffed to compensate for the low mortgage rates and are now laying off. They provide a lot of training both mandatory and voluntary. It is a good company to work for with good benefits. The management has changed several times in the past few years. The mortgage operations system is very out dated with a lot of work arounds required. They are very conservative."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Processor
in Cincinnati, OH

"Good place to work. The only issue I had was my manager would not let me move to a higher position."

Investment Executive
in Portage, IN

"Better communication needs to be established inter-departmentally and management."

What do you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"The many wonderful customers and fellow workers; working close to home and family; benefits; the freedom to design my practice; helping people."

"Talk to existing advisors and ask if they are satisfied with the banks program."

What don't you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"My manager was given such a large territory that in the event there was a problem with compensation or a general question, she was hard to reach."

"They should develop a better line of communication between management team members."