12 Fifth Third Bank Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Fifth Third Bank Reviews by Job Title →
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've been in this biz for a long time. I can safely say this position was the absolute worst with 53. The Regional was the worst manager I have ever had. She is very deceitful and over-promised the position in every possible way. Expect the unexpected. Horrible career, and thankfully I got away as soon as possible."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Grand Rapids, MI

"I have really enjoyed working with clients of the bank. They are from a variety of industries and with a variety of issues to be resolved. My supervisor was unprepared and unqualified to supervise me, but soldered on anyway despite a lack of technical and industry experience. The bank requires employees to take annual surveys, and "suggests" that a performance of "5" or better is required. This invalidates the Gallop Survey results in my opinion. Fewer layers of management and more attention to detail is what is required here."

in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked at Fifth Third Bank for 5 years. Overall, I enjoy my experiences at the bank."

in Cincinnati, OH

"I have worked for Fifth Third for the past seven years. Over this time the company has provided very good opportunities to build and grow my career."

in Louisville, KY

"Decent company overall. Good benefits but can be a stressful environment and tough to move up."

in Cincinnati, OH

"Fifth Third as a company is great. They do care and listen to their employees. However each department is different and the choice between work life and home life is not a priority."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"The management here is not very qualified. Does not work with employees and has lack of experience. He thinks he knows it all and will not take the time to learn. I have been with company 15 years and I have never been so disgusted as I am now with this company. Their HR dept is the worst as well. And I have to say, they can't give you the raise you deserve but they sure can find ways to throw money away. (For example: we had HD tv installed throughout building to keep up to date info and within a year they all were taken down. So where did the TV's go) Plus you can see as plain as day if you suck up to management you will become a VP or AVP just so you can get more money. One dept within mine has 10 employees and of them 5 are officers. For 70 employees we have 14 managers. Of those 14, 4 flirt and are unprofessional managers - you see the action right in front of you. This one I love - who just happens to be mine watches the REDS game on the computer and if you have an issue you have to wait until there is a break. He will not say why he is unable to help but if you go to his desk sure enough he is laid back listening away. And the sad part is the VP's office is right next to his and I bet he doesn't even know. My box is packed and that day is coming close and it is a shame that they make me so unhappy that I am just about to walk out."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"I have worked for Fifth Third since 2010. It has been a stable company with rapid growth in the mortgage department. They over staffed to compensate for the low mortgage rates and are now laying off. They provide a lot of training both mandatory and voluntary. It is a good company to work for with good benefits. The management has changed several times in the past few years. The mortgage operations system is very out dated with a lot of work arounds required. They are very conservative."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Fifth Third Bank Anonymous Employee

What do you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"Opportunities for advancement if you are willing to do the leg work. Availability of tuition reimbursement good benenfits over all."

"Be open and honest. If you love sales the branches can be a great place to start a banking career. Use the benefits to your advantage."

What don't you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"Some questionable branch practices, lots of work sometimes not enough people. Allowing the wrong people to move up quickly."

"Listen to employees. Accept ideas as options."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Fifth Third Bank Anonymous Employee

What do you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"Stability, consistency, structure, incentive, time off."

"They hire who they like, not always based on qualifications but always cover up or have reasons for not hiring the correct candidate so that it seems like they followed protocol. Internal postings are corrupted by management secretly holding individuals back."

What don't you like about working at Fifth Third Bank?

"Don't stick to policy and bend procedures to suit needs, feels unethical, management is not honest with upper management, no open communication, retaliation, revenge, scare tactics, forced to fib or cover things up, overworked."

"Follow policies/procedures, they are there for a reason, no fear of retaliation, there's usually a reason for issues on a team and just listening to one person without doing anything rather than asking more people in confidence."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5