Cisco Systems Employee Job Reviews

Browse Cisco Systems Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 996 Cisco Systems Review Ratings)

"Cisco Systems is a great company. But like every company there are going to be ups and down, good days and bad days. The IT field has grown tremendously over the last 25 years. And it will continue to grow, much more than we'll be able to keep up with the change. Even though there have been a few cutbacks. Cisco gets my A1 rating on quality."
Posted 7 years ago in Lawrenceville, GA
Cisco Systems Employee

"There are many Politic, if you get caught into one then you are pretty much done. At the end, you are just a number. They laid people off every 6 months. Also they move you to different team without your consent. It sounds like it is nothing serious until you are in the team that the opposite of what you are looking for."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Specialist
in Charlotte, NC

"While this was a contract role, it was actually one of the best companies I’ve worked for. The training was phenomenal, easy to learn and I love that there was no micro-management. I learned so much about understanding hiring market trends and having the freedom to work at my own pace. The team was absolutely phenomenal and we legit worked well together even though I worked remotely."

Cisco Systems Employee

"Too many LRs (Limited Restructuring) and re-org, very often with human impact (i.e., layoffs). Too bad really, as this has the potential to be a great company. Strategies are too fluffy, too, which is a huge warning sign about this company's longer-term longevity."

Cisco Systems Employee

"Great work life balance. Climbing the ladder is very difficult. Very steep pyramid structure."

Cisco Systems Employee

"I joined Cisco in 2016 when Cisco acquired Broadsoft Inc. Cisco has good benefits and an amazing global presence and brand recognition. Given Cisco's size it has numerous business units and work experience varies depending on the maturity and lifecycle of a particular business unit."

in Fremont, CA

"Working for 4.5 years and is quite good n ethical."

in Holt, CA

"Good compmay to work at ."

in Lawrenceville, GA

"i've worked for Scientific Atlanta\Cisco since 2001. Overall the company is a great place to work although at times challenging of late with the macroeconomics in the industry as well as the cycle time to get things done (hiring, purchasing, constant org changes). I was able to establish a Services team in Latin America and had a team as large as 100 direct employees supporting F-500 companies globally."

in Costa Mesa, CA

"NA I do not wish to share my experience"

in Charlotte, NC

"Great company to work for. 100% remote however heavy workload and very low pay."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Alpharetta, GA

"I have worked for Cisco for a little over a year. The corporate culture in upper management is outstanding and has a deep sense of engaging with communities. Current products and acquisitions are positioning the company for future competitiveness in the IT service space. I came through an acquisition and my direct management has been somewhat slow in transforming our current systems."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Raleigh, NC

"Awesome company to work for! Really one of the greatest industry leaders in technology and security. You will gain exposure and insight to a lot of the industries products used by companies worldwide."

in Shandon, CA

"Cisco its a big company with over 77,000 employee. And one of the problem with Cisco, depends on the Buisness unit, sometime they have a good Management team, but some just very poorly, make sure you do your homework on the hiring manager."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Program Manager

"I have worked for Cisco as a contractor since 2018. While at Cisco I have earned more responsibility and data knowledge to do my job well and efficiently while obtaining key relationships internal and external with company partners."

Cisco Systems Employee

"I've worked with Cisco Systems Inc for the last 19 yrs. The work environment is great, co-workers are friendly and I was able to work remotely."