249 Boeing Commercial Airplanes Reviews

Browse Boeing Commercial Airplanes Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Boeing Commercial Airplanes give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Boeing Commercial Airplanes employees are Senior Software Developers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and CNC Programmers with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 79 Boeing Commercial Airplanes Review Ratings)

in Everett, WA

"Historically Boeing was a great place to work, particularly for those who were interested in the aerospace industry but also for those in other administrative and leadership functions where there was a substantial opportunity to have different experiences within the company. Unfortunately, current circumstances have suppressed much of that as the company is in survival mode for the foreseeable future."

in Everett, WA

"It is a good company, with good compensation, but difficult to move up. You definitely feel like a # as opposed to a person, quite often."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Boeing Commercial Airplanes (249)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AgustaWestland (11)
Pricing Manager
in Everett, WA

"I have worked for Boeing the last 8 years. I have had many opportunities to be involved with other groups as well as projects to improve my skill and make workplace a better place. Boeing pays well. They also provide good work life balance in my opinion. However, in order to exceed expectation you would provide more than 100% of your dedication, which I think this is very typical to most companies. I worked with many good people but also a few that will need improvement."

Senior Process Engineer
in Everett, WA

"• Lead Engineer for program and enterprise initiatives in Airplane Development Engineering. Worked across programs, organizations, and levels of management to implement part consolidations, part reuse, part commonality, and modular components in support of released engineering definitions for current and future airplane programs • Trained, developed and mentored, and evaluated less experienced employees in a variety of projects • Led the development, implementation, and deployment of an enterprise-level part cataloging, part design, and cost visibility tool, which saved roughly $3 million dollars on the 777X program, and allowed design engineers to view cost, contracting, and design parameters associated with standard and non-standard engineering designs and parts. • Technical advisor for Boeing Supplier Management and Teardown labs in support of supplier negotiations and contracting efforts • Compiled, verified, and characterized part specifications in support of future programs • Technical expert and project lead for contract (finance), schedule, and scope (statement of work) negotiations for contractor labor in support of various Airplane Development Engineering projects. Developed the required statement of work for contractors, negotiated and communicated key milestones, validated quality and functionality of work performed, and tracked execution and performance to plan. Communicated project status to multiple levels of leadership • Implemented Cameo / MBSE on current and future Airplane Programs"

Aircraft Mechanic
in Everett, WA

"Very low marks in all aspects of upper level management. Creating roadblocks on production then requiring tremendous overtime hours to overcome their obstacles. Moving employees to unfamiliar parts of the plane and replacing that person unfamiliar as well. Moving people to other locations in Puget Sound because they can. It all seems to be an attempt to cause people to quit so they don't have to lay off. Extremely low morale."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Renton, WA

"NIH, politics, good-ole-boy/girl, only if you do not need a career, only if you are a child of C.O."

in North Charleston, SC

"Good pay and benefits. Some good managers but mostly poor management. Some are very poor with very poor people skills. Also all mistakes are thrown under a huge spotlight with people having to explain to multiple managers, multiple times. It puts everyone on pins and needles and makes people not report mistakes."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Hazelwood, MO

"Boeing is a typical large company. Managers are interested in themselves, not employees, and lie rather than telling the truth. They promote their pet employees and ignore everyone else. They also lay off productive senior people to hire entry level people and charge their customers the same rate, which increases their profits."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Auburn, WA

"The overall company is good to work for. Slow into mgt ranks though... the good ole boy system alive and well."

in Auburn, WA

"Good company and great career opportunity starting out. Slows down in management ranks though."

in Auburn, WA

"Good company and I would recommend it to anyone entering in the job market."

Systems Analyst

"I am working for Boeing since Feb 1981, before that was in the US Navy. The majority of my time at Boeing I work in the mainframe side of programming, I maintain a database and did programming that publish the maintenance manual for all of Boeing airplanes. When the program was converted over to new system I had to learn ASP and Dream Weaver program on my own."

"Awful corporate environment."

in Renton, WA

"I worked at Boeing since 2007. It is a great company filled with great people. I enjoyed my experience. They had excellent opportunities to go to school and further one's education. I out grew my position and found it hard to move to another position."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Materials Management Analyst
in North Charleston, SC

"I love working and constantly improving myself and my processes to achieve the highest degree of quality in my work."