127 American Income Life Insurance Co. Reviews

Browse American Income Life Insurance Co. Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at American Income Life Insurance Co. give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest American Income Life Insurance Co. employees are General Agents submitting an average rating of 4.3 and Insurance Sales Agents with a rating of 4.2.

(based on 64 American Income Life Insurance Co. Review Ratings)
Insurance Agent
in Daytona Beach, FL

"This is a great place to work. My managers have been very patient and have taken me out and made money for me so I didn't go without a pay check till I got the hang of it. I would recommend anyone with a great happy personality, and that loves making a difference in peoples lives to get this career job."

Sales Agent
in Daytona Beach, FL

"I have been working here for some time now, and though there are some ups and downs to this job, the career opportunity is great if you are given the chance to join this company. The opportunity to move up in this company is limitless and the management throughout my agency (Henderson Agency) is always willing to help you in anything. We do have to call people continuously, but no cold calling. The leads are given to us by the company and are all true. It is commission so with any commission job you will have good weeks and bad weeks. but your good weeks really do outweigh the bad, and on a good week you're making what some people make in a month."

American Income Life Insurance Co. (127)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (133)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
Insurance Sales Agent
in Daytona Beach, FL

"I've been working with American Income Life for almost a year now. It's a salesman's dream to have warm leads and a product in demand. They have a great notch on the market. Everything the manager trained and taught me has paid off as soon as I applied myself. I know as a salesman, staying positive is most important but it's not hard to do... unlike most sales jobs and offices they breed winners and don't add any unnecessary stress. I like the no cold calling and the structure they put in place to be successful... self driven people will do well."

Life Insurance Agent
in Columbia, MD

"Run! Run far far away from this scam organization. They set their clients up using a classic bait and switch. Management does nothing but lie. Every single thing they say to you is a lie. You will never be an independent business owner, you are constantly under their thumb, being told what to do, where to go and they make you work 12 hour days, 6 days a week. You don't get holiday weekends off, either. They tried to make us work on Mother's Day but nobody showed up. They acted like they were being really great to us when they gave us off on the 4th of July. You will have zero work/family balance, because they literally never let you stop working. You won't even have time to eat or do your laundry."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average American Income Life Insurance Co. Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Tampa, FL

"This company offers courses and a very close friend of mine paid for and attended these late February thru early March 2016. Not sure the exact location in Tampa. However, the timing wasn't right to make such a move due to critical family circumstances. Upon completion of the course, he had to back out. The following is the terrible email response he got, just as he showed me, and I had him forward it to my computer for this review. ~~~ "Guess you just don't have what it takes man, unbelievable the lack of manhood and the guys in this country today, but I guess that's why they reward the rest of so well". VP of AIL. ~~~ If AIL endorses this type of response given to someone who has to back out, SHAME! If it were a choice between your family or this position, which would you choose? A pretty crude, insensitive remark made toward a person whose circumstances you know nothing about! NO job position is worth a compromised marriage! It doesn't matter how qualified or gifted a person under those circumstances might be. Shows me where the student's heart truly is. Shaming folks like this because of circumstances beyond their control is way below professional! Your receptionist had much kinder to say to him, since you were not there personally to meet with him. Pretty cold and rotten, and this company is not the only fish in the sea for prospects OR corporations looking for group policies. This is deplorable, uncalled for, and a career move to AIL is NOT recommended!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
American Income Life Insurance Co. Employee

"Good company, great opportunity. Nice leadership. Self starter. No training."

in Middletown, CT

"Great company to work for, but make sure that you have some money in the bank to tide you over when you start this job. Without that, earning comes slowly at first for most, and doesn't really pick up until you've recruited a team. This is commission only, with no other revenue until you qualify for renewals, which also takes a while for most."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Burlington, MA

"Did not agree with state agent in the way business was done. It was you were in the group or you were out of the group. It didn't matter how well you did your job if the State agent didn't like you then you had no shot of moving up."

in Jackson, MS

"I have worked at American Income Life since March of 2014. I have been my own business so I gather and post my own financial reports as well as housekeeping. Selling insurance is not the easiest thing to do but with dedication and faith it helps with the stress of paying bills."

Field Underwriter
in Tracy, CA

"Only worked for the company for half a year, there is a high turn over rate for agents. Its a great job if you're a motivated self-starter, you get to set your own schedule and work at your own pace. Highest ALP life commission in the industry 50%, if you're a great sales person you could be very successful. Cons is its 100% commission, lots of travel, lots of rejection. Great management staff training you."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Flushing, NY

"I worked with NILICO and the employees and supervisors there don't promote an ethical cultured working environment."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Woburn, MA

"Did a lot of tasks that were unpaid and unproductive. For a 1099 employee, they ask a lot. The clientele that they have are substandard. Oftentimes I would get the close, and the client couldn't keep up with payments, or didn't have a valid bank account, thereby my commissions would disappear."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Insurance Agent
in Schererville, IN

"At AIL the training was excellent, however, the real life task of trying to get low-income people to purchase insurance that they could not afford was difficult."

Independent Contractor
in Long Island City, NY

"It seems that most of the people we celebrated wound up getting the job done in a less than honest way. We go to meetings and praise their accomplishments, only to find them gone in 6 months because they were writing up fraudulent contracts or having clients sign up for more than they could afford, thus losing the contract."

in Boston, MA

"I could not make the amount of money that they lead you to believe you will make. I put in a lot of time, but a lot of that was unpaid. I don't like being dependent on other people to make money."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5