(based on 244 Walgreens Review Ratings)
"I worked at Walgreens for almost 3 years and it was my first job. My manager was excellent and the scheduling was very flexible (although I heard this was not the case at other stores). I feel I was underpaid for all the work I did since the photo lab was pretty much the backbone of the store that did all the odd jobs on top of maintaining the photo lab. My experience was excellent however. I made friends and had a lot of very good experiences at Walgreens."
Posted 7 years ago in Mebane, NC
in Philadelphia, PA

"It's very average in most areas including benefits, pay, and work/life balance. Yearly pay increase for technicians is nice, but they are non-existent for pharmacists and many managers. It's easy to stay for a long time, but you will eventually hit a wall once you reach a salary cap. There isn't much room for mobility unless you acquire specific degrees."

Pharmacy Technician
in Brockton, MA

"It is a good job for those seeking employment in the pharmaceutical field."

Walgreens (366)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
in Ridgeland, MS

"The pay for the amount of work you do is average. The hours you can get is wonderful but the work load is very heavy. You have to enjoy what you do be ready for a heavy and fast paced job load. The people are great depending on what location you work at but you do have a chance to move around and meet others at different locations, and you also get a feel for how other stores operate and work. If you find yourself working better and loving a different store other than your own and think you would be better off there than your original store, there are ways for you to be able to transfer smoothly to that other location."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Liberty, NY

"I worked with this company for 6 years including of which 4 were rite aid since it was bought out. The job is simply not for me because I have my degree and was looking to get out for about 4 years now."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Cloud Engineer
in Deerfield, IL

"I will reveal the info about my previous client in interview"

in Coram, NY

"Great new position that is focused around being a partner to the store team and preventing comprehensive loss"

in Arlington, VA

"I have worked for Walgreens for three years. The job is multitasking and fast-paced. The customer is the center of the business, so customer skills are mandatory to perform the job. Overall, each store has a unique culture and its quirks which you won't know until to work there."

in Highland Heights, KY

"I worked at Walgreens Pharmacy from October 2017 to August 2020, and up until the COVID Pandemic taking a toll on hours and health of employees, Walgreens is still one of the best jobs I have had. I worked as a pharmacy technician, and my coworkers were all amazing."

Pharmacy Technician
in Anderson, IN

"Walgreens is a very honorable place of work full of patience, understanding, and good vibes. There is work for every type of person, full of plenty of opportunities for growth and stability. Staying well at Walgreens is so easy to do with the great work environment they provide!"

in Fresno, CA

"Good company providing team skills"

Warehouse Associate
in Williamston, SC

"This company is a fast pace and hard work. The job itself isnt hard but you have to keep up with what you are doing."

Pharmacy Intern
in Webster, MA

"I've worked for Walgreens since October of 2017. It is a great company with realistic goals set in place. There is a workflow to adhere to, and customer satisfaction surveys to obtain. I mostly enjoyed the staff I worked with. My favorite part of the job was customer satisfaction."

Cashier
in Keller, TX

"I’ve only worked at Walgreens a little over 6 months. In this time I’ve seen a lot of change, mainly because of COVID-19. They seem to want to work with the employees but have a problem keeping a good staff ratio. Meaning ... not keeping more then one or two people working at one time, it’s hard to get things completed."

Shift Lead
in Baltimore, MD

"My review for Walgreens is as high as it is because of my team. I have an amazing team at my store and despite the challenges with systems being inefficient we have been able to still complete tasks efficiently and swiftly."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Deerfield, IL

"Walgreens is a great place to work."