On average, employees at Walgreens give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walgreens employees are Sales Associates submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Senior Pharmacy Technicians with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 189 Walgreens Review Ratings)
"Fun place to work, was able to interact with a lot of nice people and allowed me to become really knowledgeable on medicine."
Posted 10 years ago in Round Rock, TX
in Lynchburg, VA

"I am a pharmacy technician and problems are occurring more and more with Walgreens. Disabled employees at this store are not given reasonable accommodations under law, schedules are not followed, there are not enough hours and we are constantly being shipped to other stores. The pharmacists hate their job and customers, and that attitude transfers to the technicians and then to customers. There is practically NO HR department where employees can receive help for discrimination or issues with employee managers. I am desperately looking for a new pharmacy to work for because this company gives no consideration to its employees and their health, and it cares more about a corporate status quo than its patients."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in North Easton, MA

"This particular store has 2 female managers who are targeting employees to get them either terminated by write ups or looking for ways to have them fired."

Walgreens (311)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Invacare Continuing Care (8)
in Birmingham, AL

"No training at all for new employees; corporate has little regard for newer and part-time employees; customers complain that the company does not seem to care anymore and that Walgreens is becoming more like Walmart where the bottom line is more important to corporate than anything else--including customers. The human equation has been removed from Walgreens."

in Birmingham, AL

"I worked for this store for less than a year. They were in the process of buying out Rite Aid. They never would work anyone new more than between 25 and 35 hours per week, not a living wage for anyone. A lot of problems with hardware and maintenance that needed repair in store that did not get done. Dangerous area and some dangerous customers. There was no real training time or program. Those from corporate that came in seemed out of touch when it came to these and other issues. I left for these reasons and mostly because of my safety."

Average Walgreens Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Blue Springs, MO

"I worked for Walgreens in Blue Springs, MO for 3 years and was one of the best technicians they had. I was fast, worked hard, was considerate of my co-workers, and excellent customer service. A few months ago I was downgraded, disrespected, and almost assaulted by my store manager, and nothing was done about it. Sure that day my co-workers felt bad for me, said it never should have happened, but here I am close to Christmas and drawing unemployment."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Cabot, AR

"I have worked for this company for the better part of a decade. Over the last few years the focus has been shifted. I feel like there has been a shift from what will actually make our customers happy, to what can make the company look good. The "frontier" meetings truly interfere with customer relations by taking away resources to assist customers. Management refuse to help when pharmacy is overloaded and then chastises the staff for not getting enough done. We have had high volume customers transfer because of this."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Pharmacy Technician
in Fort Worth, TX

"I just started working in the pharmacy, and for the most part, everything is good. I kind of got thrown into it without any proper training. However, I am doing my PPL's after I already learned how to do almost everything. Lol. We are a 24 hour Walgreens, short-staffed, need I say less. We basically have to jump back and forth and run around a lot. There is a general work flow (drive-thru, front registers, filling) however, the other day I came in right at rush hour, someone was in the middle helping customers in drive thru and didn't need my assistance at that moment. So logically, I go to the front register where there's a huge line and hop right in. After doing my job, helping people, and taking initiative, one of my middle-aged woman coworker who tries to constructively criticize everything I do, tells me that I wasn't supposed to do that. Nobody else said anything. The people you work with play a very big role in working here. Make sure your environment is positive, it really does help. Rather than slaving and doing all you can for your customers and getting criticized for it."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Manchester, TN

"I have been working for Walgreen for a long while. I now hate my job. We are no longer a pharmacy, we are glorified cashiers and drug dealers. I feel like we are a cult. I am currently enrolling in school and I cannot wait for the day I get to leave here."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Glen Allen, VA

"They keep taking away benefits and pay while saying it is for the greater good."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in West Palm Beach, FL

"I've worked for Walgreens since July of 2000. It used to be a great company, but it changed since the owner (company was owned by a Family named Walgreen) changed around 2005 - 2006. Unfortunately they sold it to random people and everything collapsed. Now a lot of stores are being closed out. Employees are not getting enough hours, have to float around from one store to another. It's getting worse and worse!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Pittsburgh, PA

"I am still temping. I hope to be hired by end of 2016. I love my job. I help everyone I can and try to brighten patients' days and lives."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Bannockburn, IL

"10 years, and I still love coming to work every day. Different place since Boots and Walgreens joined together. More about profits and less about employee satisfaction. I understand, but long for the good-old-days when we had less oversight and more freedom to self-direct our schedule and goals."

in New Castle, IN

"Good benefits. Bad schedule Poor management (too many levels). Low pay (average for market though). Inconsistencies in how much help in relation to task needing completed."

in Tempe, AZ

"I worked at a Walgreens store in Tempe AZ, at Mill and Broadway, for more than 18 years. Things have been a struggle for Walgreens for about the last 9 years. My record was very good, no write-ups, near perfect attendance, great customer reviews. One day, I made one mistake. It was blown out of all proportion and I was fire. Wishy washy pharmacy manager did not back me up. Be aware if you work for Walgreens that this behavior is not unusual."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Delaware City, DE

"If you are looking to make a lot of money, forget it. The pay is not good. But they have good benefits including a very good employee discount. You can use your imagination and creativity. There is a lot of responsibility without the pressure of a sales job. Good opportunity for advancement."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5