(based on 244 Walgreens Review Ratings)

"Fun place to work, was able to interact with a lot of nice people and allowed me to become really knowledgeable on medicine."
Posted 12 years ago in Round Rock, TX
Walgreens Employee

"Global company and good environment."

in Deerfield, IL

"DO NOT WORK IN SUPPLY CHAIN/ STRATEGIC SOURCING!! If you do, you will never have a full 8 hours of sleep during your tenure. A major outsource consulting firm has been brought in under the guise of "staff augmentation". What a boldfaced lie... also, beware of Sr. Director Leadership. I'm the 4th body to be in my current position in 3 years. This should be an indicator of what a disaster this nightmare really is. Do yourself a favor and if you see category manager or associate category manager over IT/Pharmacy or Facilities, STAY AWAY!! A bad day in the dentist chair is much better than a day here."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Deerfield, IL

"My current position has been eliminated. In the current environment the company is looking to out source its facilities and engineering department."

Project Manager
in Deerfield, IL

"Walgreens is a great place to work as I have worked there on two separate occasions in my career. It is a large Fortune 500 company that values its employees and contractors."

in Glendale, AZ

"Walgreen's is an excellent first job, or retiree job. The pay is not a sustainable wage. The benefits are average at best and extremely expensive to low earning work force. The company has restructured and reduced their management team by 75 percent. Their is virtually no opportunity for growth. And if you do get into management the pay is below industry standards, the hours are insane, and the work is hard. Walgreen's does not dedicate much time to being a top employer. Their new holiday hours show a great lack of concern or appreciation to their employees. Overall if you just need extra cash, this is the place to be."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"It's a corporate retail pharmacy."

in Windsor, CT

"I have worked for Walgreens for over 17 years. I have seen this company grow, but the growth is now halted. I would like to be promoted in the company, but with the growth halted, I am looking for a company that I know that will continue to grow."

Head Photo Specialist
in Mebane, NC

"I worked at Walgreens for almost 3 years and it was my first job. My manager was excellent and the scheduling was very flexible (although I heard this was not the case at other stores). I feel I was underpaid for all the work I did since the photo lab was pretty much the backbone of the store that did all the odd jobs on top of maintaining the photo lab. My experience was excellent however. I made friends and had a lot of very good experiences at Walgreens."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Walgreens Employee

"The software development itself was the most challenging task. We have to create the project within a specific time slot and also we have to choose the correct solution for the problem like choosing the design patterns for the problem, etc. The last project was most challenging while understanding the requirements from the different level of customers and solving the problems by creating the project within the time was more interesting."

in Laplace, LA

"Working at Walgreens is an every day challenge because you engage with different people and learn treat different illness. I love the job put the pay was an issue as a technician but the pay is excellent as a pharmacist."

in North Las Vegas, NV

"I have been with Walgreens for 7 years. It is a great company and staff to work with."

in Hanover Park, IL

"Cutting hours at the store level is hurting morale more than ever. We need Jeff Rein back."

Walgreens Employee

"Good workplace and clean environment."

in Las Vegas, NV

"I started working at Walgreens almost 3 years ago."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Photo Technician
in Las Vegas, NV

"I've worked at Walgreens for almost 3 years and feel it hasn't been improving since I got there."