(based on 48 Victoria's Secret Review Ratings)
in Temecula, CA

"The only down side is a work life balance."

Senior Manager
in Elmhurst, NY

"Limit brands is an exceptional place to grow and learn. It offers a great strategy to succeed."

Victoria's Secret (85)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (9)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LF Stores (8)
Victoria's Secret Employee

"Victoria’s Secret was a great disappointment. After almost 4 years of service, I was terminated for contacting authorities about 3 young women who were shoplifting and threatening my staff. When the girls were apprehended they found merchandise and a weapon (nunchucks). There was no documentation, follow up, or suspension issued to me, and 3 weeks after the incident, I was terminated (effective immediately). Just 2 months before my maternity leave. I truly believe this was an act of retaliation because the HR manager and new DM (who are practically best friends) didn’t fancy my demands for a raise some months before, even though I was more than deserving of one. They are constantly sacrificing real talent and true leadership for people who know less and say yes. I learned that quality is of no value to this brand, but even their product has reflected that over the years. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The politics, the scandal, the prejudice, and all the cover-up will continue to bite them where it hurts."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Slidell, LA

"There is never a set schedule. I go from working 35+ hours, to only getting 5 hours the next week. The managers definitely pick favorites and push for sales. You get a lecture if you don't meet your goal every day even when it's almost impossible because of the store being so slow and no customers. It is a fun job, but you always feel as though your best isn't good enough. I love the other associates that I work with. It is definitely harder than most retail jobs. You will come home with sore feet every day that you work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Victoria's Secret Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2010 $2
in Niles, OH

"They really work around your schedule and do not get upset if you have another job, They are very understanding that bills need to be paid and you need a second job. They do not get upset unlike some places I've worked for."

in Clinton, MI

"This is a good company to work for but the lack of communication and the lies that are told are trying at times. Management beats around the bush and blames upper management for things they cannot offer you as an employee."

in Sioux City, IA

"I've worked for this company for 6 years. They don't pay or treat their employees very well for what they are expected to do."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Manassas, VA

"It is a great company to work for, but this location does not provide a lot of room for growth and has a lot to do as far as growing the sales of the company. Theft is prominent in this location and with no cameras or security and only two people working every two hours, it is impossible to stay on top of this problem."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Stock Assistant
in Nashville, TN

"I worked for Victoria's Secret for a little over a year. It was just a part time job to keep some money in my pocket during college. The environment was decent. I really don't have any complaints on the company."

in Reynoldsburg, OH

"Working here provides a very comfortable and flexible work environment as well as lots of chances to work with great people and learn a lot."

Gift Wrap Associate
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

"The company as a whole was one that I enjoyed working for. Specifically at the Gardens mall there were a lot of attitudes of entitlement within the management team."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Merchandise Flow Supervisor
in Irving, TX

"Victoria Secret is a great company to work for. However, I have found that they do not pay their supervisors what I think they should be compensated."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Northbrook, IL

"Don't be sad about not getting promoted if you don't plan on VS being a career."

What do you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"I have had a lot of great co-workers, and our gratis/discounts are great."

"It isn't very hard to get a job at VS for a part-time position, just being honest, all you need are good references. If you want a promotion, however, you need to prove yourself and not just expect it to be given to you based on seniority. Some managers play favorites, just the way it is, and the only thing you can do is to try and out perform the other candidates and have a good attitude."

What don't you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"I've worked at 2 different stores, and management was very different in each store. I feel like the managers at higher volume stores have an attitude and act like they are better than everyone else because they manage such a large store, and it translates into the way they treat their part time associates. Managers at lower volume stores seem to be more down-to-earth and understanding of their employees needs and promotions seem to come easier."

"Managers of larger stores need to realize that they are not such hot stuff and that they should treat their employees with respect, as they are 90% of their workforce. Promotions from within should be considered before outside hiring and should be based off of merit and not personal favorites."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Category Manager

"Started as a seasonal associate in 2006."

What do you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"I like the relationships I build with other empowered woman. Its a great company to learn to grow. It teaches and trains me to strive for the impossible in my work and personal life."

"Get ready for a great career if your a hard worker!"

What don't you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"The only thing I don't like is the last minute changes, and the inconsistencies, but that retail"

"Communicate with each other and you will be fine period."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Sales Associate

"Great products and co-workers, management needs to not be so money hungry."

What do you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"We get a good gratis/discount on merchandise, great co-workers, great sales when we work as a team. Receive constructive feedback and coaching from specialists and category supervisors."

"It's easy to get a job with the company but every store is different, lower volume stores aren't as pushy with the sales goals or standards as higher volume stores are."

What don't you like about working at Victoria's Secret?

"Having to keep track of every single product we sell even though we don't get commission, it's pointless and tedious. Upper Management personally attacks employees and makes them feel bad when sales goals aren't being made, hard to get recognition when you know you've done a good job or are working really hard. Hard to move up in position unless you're a favorite of the managers."

"Upper management shouldn't blame a slow business day solely on the sales associates, it's unfair and not always in our control. Don't force us to basically assault customers and smother them during their entire experience, this tactic DOES NOT WORK, they always leave the store cuz they feel uncomfortable, like we are stalking them. Be more constructive rather than condescending."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5