(based on 73 Toys R Us Review Ratings)
in Upland, CA

"I worked with Toys R Us for 8 years. The company is ok to work for. However, starting from the bottom would not be desired. The company likes to hire from outside the company when a full time position is available. It can be a little aggravating when a person wants to improve with the company. However, when you do move up, the sky's the limit there.I would recommend working there as a first job and not for a career."

in Spokane, WA

"Please Please Please DO NOT work here! Horrible place to work. I started off as seasonal then became a part time employee. Then after a month of being a regular employee they just laid me off out of nowhere, two hours into my shift. Management is rude and only cares about credit cards. You get very very little training. Basically have to learn everything on your own. If you're not available at a certain time to work, they will be sure to schedule you during that time. Completely careless company. Plus, they're one of the only companies to still input ID into systems with returns, which we get yelled at for by customers. Don't give this place the time of day. ."

Toys R Us (115)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (9)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LF Stores (8)
Sales Team Member
in Brooklyn, NY

"I've worked for Toys R' Us for more than 2 years. At first, I started as a seasonal worker and then became a part time employee. There were good times as well as bad times. I learned a lot about customer service and providing service."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Wayne, NJ

"I enjoyed working at Toysrus. It was a great environment."

Average Toys R Us Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Springfield, IL

"It is a fun and fast paced environment to work in. Always something to be done: training, coaching, customer service, planagrams, in stocks, truck processing, etc... I love it! I think it is decent pay and is comparable to other companies like Best Buy and Walmart."

in Reseda, CA

"If you need a job that is flexible with your school schedule, then Toys R Us will provide that. If you want to work somewhere that is structure and can help you in the future, Toys R Us is not the place. You will not be properly trained and items are moved to a different place almost weekly without notice. So it is hard to know where everything should be."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Associate
in Brooklyn, NY

"I've worked for Toys R Us for several months, and overall I found the Toys R Us I work for to be very disrespectful to their employees and their customers. They teach you to believe that the customer is always right, only to call the customers themselves slurs behind their backs. A very unprofessional and sometimes unsafe working environment."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Glen Burnie, MD

"I've worked for Toys'R'Us for 1 year and a few months. The employees are cool to work with and the management is willing to help you with anything. The work load is a far amount, yet compensation doesn't match sometime. Overall the company has an positive energy, and who doesn't like toys?"

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Technical Analyst
in Wayne, NJ

"It was good working with TRU."

Department Supervisor
in Monroeville, PA

"Working for Toy R Us for a year and a half, was hired seasonally, and asked to stay on as a part time employee. After awhile, was asked to become a supervisor, and work full time, and promised a proper raise. Now, six months later, I haven't seen a raise that takes me above what a sales associate makes, and don't get more than 32 hours a week. Awful company to work for."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Wayne, NJ

"I've worked for Toys"R"Us since 2010. The company employs around 500 people and has over 32 locations world wide."

Technical Analyst
in Wayne, NJ

"I have worked with ToysRUs, Mc-Cains foods , St- Gobain and Bayer pharmaceuticals on their AS/400 systems. Currently I am working with TCS as a consultant for ToysRUs. The work place is good and ethics are also good. I have worked here for 4 years now and know their system in and out. for better future prospects I would like to have a change and looking forward to an aspiring opportunity."

in Bloomington, IL

"I've been a Team Member at TRU since 2008. The pay is abysmal for what you're expected to know and the scheduling is never consistent. There are certainly worse places to make just over minimum wage, but it's not the type of place where you want to make a career."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Williston, VT

"I have worked for Toys R Us for two years and I have found nothing satisfying while working for this company. In fact the company is very political, if you are lucky enough to find yourself as a store manager you do not have to do much. Unfortunately if you are on the low end of the totem pole you get stuck trying to make miracles happen with limited resources, and little input or help from management. The managers show little respect for employees and it sometimes feels like they have big egos."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Rialto, CA

"First full time job, was part time but moved up to full time. Work was relatively simple, nothing too hard, nothing too extravagant. Managers could of been a bit more polite to the people they need once something bad happens. Drivers treated us well. Fellow co workers are good people. Manager did best to work around personal schedule, including school schedule."