(based on 56 RR Donnelley Review Ratings)
RR Donnelley Employee

"A big, old company. They move slowly and have outdated processes that you need to go through to get anything done. For instance, if I need a new charging cable, I can't just go to the store, buy one, and expense it. I must fill out a form, get it approved by 14 people, and then it'll be ordered from an approved vendor, shipped to New York for processing, then shipped to me. This process can take over a month. When the quarterly earnings came in, they made a profit, but not as much of a profit as they wanted. Their solution was to cut contracts short, and because of this I was jobless for the holidays, because companies don't like to hire until the new year."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in West Caldwell, NJ

"Not really a fit for me at this point in time. I feel like my skills would be best suited for a financial role and I could put my best foot forward and be of use in a financial analyst position. Nothing against my current employer, but I feel like I belong to something else, something more."

RR Donnelley (105)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Mimeo.com (5)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Programmers Investment Corp (5)
in Warrenville, IL

"Large company with worldwide presence"

RR Donnelley Employee

"Worked at RRD for 26 years with numerous advancements including the ability to travel and help buy commercial printing plants."

Average RR Donnelley Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Logan, UT

"The company works hard to please the clients, but has a hard time keeping good employees, as the pay scale is low."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
RR Donnelley Employee

"Good work place, limited opportunity to grow."

in Lancaster, PA

"After working for this company for roughly three years, I would say that it is a good place to work. My only qualms are with the pay for tech-related positions, which I feel can get a bit low. I understand that IT budgets aren't always what they used to be, but I feel that I may be a bit under-appreciated, in that aspect. Otherwise, it is a great place to work, with a large group of people that still try to make it feel like a family business."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Lancaster, CA

"So far so good. I have only been there three weeks."

in Bolingbrook, IL

"Very poor work environment. Supervisors and management have no background and are unqualified for their operations. No support. No communication between supervisors, between supervisors staff and management. Supervisors are unqualified muscle head mentality, no support, no solutions, only hurry up go faster, and I dunno nothin' 'bout dat sweat shop mentality. Unsafe environment. Wires, water, floor mats, machine guards, loose parts on equipment. Dreadful. Never seen any operation like this."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Breinigsville, PA

"Corporate seems far more interested in spending money buying out competitors than investing in the dilapidated assets it already has.As for my plant in particular, much of the primary equipment is nearly 20 years old and constantly needs maintenance. Despite constant 6+ figure profits, we never see significant profit sharing, there's a good deal of favoritism between shifts and employees, management does what it can to deter anyone that's actually ambitious, and advancement is a bad joke."

Press Operator
in Danbury, CT

"R.R. Donnelley and Sons was a good company to work for it was a clean and a very productive working environment that treated their employees fairly. The timely and quality driven high standards of production lines always exceeded our customers demands and expectations."

RR Donnelley Employee

"Is a good place to work, the problem is that they are sending all the production jobs to India and they are having problems communicating."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
RR Donnelley Employee

"I've worked on RR Donnelley and I found it to be a great opportunity where I learn different skills and values. I would recommend to work for RR Donnelley since it is a company that gives you the opportunity for growth and the opportunity to advance in your career."

Technical Lead
in Glen Mills, PA

"I have worked in this company from 2011 August. I am happy working with this company."

Senior Software Engineer
in Glen Mills, PA

"I have been at RR Donnelley on a contractual basis for the past 7 months. I find it to be very supportive of their employees and guides their development in terms of implementing best-practices and an Agile environment. They seek to hire the best talent and this can be seen in my coworkers who are very talented and do a good job working together."