(based on 30 Rent-A-Center Review Ratings)
in Logansport, IN

"Good pay, great boss. Just need to explore more instead of being a sales manager."

in Corona, CA

"It's a very fast paced environment have to deal with a lot of customer accounts and having to take payments and also selling to new potential customers."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Rent-A-Center (69)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sunstate Equipment Co. (7)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Avis Budget Group (42)
in Hartford, CT

"Worked for Rent-A-Center for 4 years. The company was ok to work for. They asked for a lot and gave little praise or appreciation. I left do to the extreme work schedule of 9 am to 8 pm. I have 2 children, 1 who has cerebral palsy and wanted to be home with them more."

District Manager
Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Rent-A-Center Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Acworth, GA

"Not happy with company at all. They do not have a proper professional structure. Bad management skills, not so good customer service. They harassed customers daily."

Recruiter
in Plano, TX

"It is a decent company to work for hard work will take you far."

Recruiter
in Plano, TX

"I really enjoy working at RAC."

in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked with the company and it lacks, organisational skills, customer service, and b2b and b2c relationship is very poor. Company does not stand by its code of rules and values. Many of the things that we have to do as an employee contradict the company policy. I have a pleasure of receiving the full coverage benefits from the company, however, this is the only positive I can point out about this company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Store Manager
in Columbus, OH

"I worked for RAC for 10 years and the one thing that I can say is expect change... at times, they changed their company policy before the ink dried on their previous policy. Great pay to start, but then when you realize the ridiculous hours that you are working, not so great anymore.They start these kids at 10/hour and then send them into ghetto neighborhoods alone to repossess big screen TV's. Unsafe, to say the least.BEST RECOMMENDATION, STAY AWAY FROM RENT-A-CENTER!!!!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Java Consultant
in Plano, TX

"I worked for Rent-A-Center for 14 months and I would recommend others to join the company and gain experience with their IT environment."

Customer Account Representative

"I've been with Rent-A-Center going on 3 years. It is a demanding company requiring thorough, driven teamwork. I have gained knowledge in sales, customer service, customer retention, working within deadlines, and global professionalism. As much as I enjoy the company, I am looking for an artistic career change and would love to pursue graphic design."

in El Paso, TX

"Great company.Excellent benefits.Good pay.Great carreer advancement. ..Exhausting hours.Very high turn over.Corporate goals, overlaped by the chain of managementStaffing issues all across the company.Spam of control is too large and dynamic (changes every day, sometimes more than once a day, having to play catch up)."

in Plano, TX

"I work at rent a center, and the company offers good benefit package, also is a good place to grow and challenge yourself"

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Customer Account Representative

"A heb cart pusher makes more money then a person working at rent a center."

What do you like about working at Rent-A-Center?

"The only silver lining is weekly pay... which the company knows and will consistently tell you so in a effort to squeeze more labor out of you. Or you'll be fired. Another consistent reminder."

"Don't dress up for your interview. All you need is a pulse. If you value home life or personal time off this job will make you kill yourself. Do yourself a favor and go find a job somewhere else. Once you get a job here you're stuck. Moving up is basically unheard of. Salary range on this website doesn't go low enough. $20000-$24000 annual working 50 hours a week every week.........."

What don't you like about working at Rent-A-Center?

"I've had a overall bad experience. I don't like that you have to work 50 hours a week every week. Even if it is a holiday, you would have to come in on your day off anyways. The company expectations and standard expectations for your performance as a store are extremely high and sometimes unattainable. Management is constantly threatening you. I don't like having to work in 104 weather carrying double recliner sofas and large items up to three stories. Stores only hire up to five people to have as much profit margin as possible. The company does not care about the extreme demands of deliveries. The fact that you only have two people carrying out every single Rental agreement that goes inside that store is ridiculous.Management is ridiculous. This is the worst retail job I've ever had. Work here for one month and you'll become cynical. Customers aren't treated fairly when it comes to extensions and whenever problems arise for them. Rent-A-Center claims to be in the quality-of-life business but since I've started working at Rent-A-Center my quality of life has gone down. I have no time for family or life. This is very saddening. Please do not work here. I am doing a service to all of you people. If you are interested in going to school do not work here. There is nothing for you here. Any positive reviews or reviews are two stars or more are people from Rent-A-Center that work at the field service center and sit in front of computer desks from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday going around the Internet and saying good things about the company and such. Let's call it positive brand awareness manipulation. Customers will enjoy a 500% interest rate. Employees will enjoy no time for little personal time at home or with family. Employees also enjoy a 20% tax on all employee purchases at MSRP. Employees have the benefit of driving in every direction across the city to deliver heavy merchandise and furniture to very tiny places. Most of your deliveries are going to credit strapped customers, typically who live in small projects. I had to go to deliveries and homes where there is so much filth I nearly I threw up. One customer had a dead rat under her fridge. Guess who had to move the fridge Got an infection shortly after that. Told management and management said it was my fault. This is just an awful company. Do not apply. Unless you just are pretty stupid."

"Empathize towards employees.Just because you are a manager doesn't mean that you are above me and that I am less of a human being. If you stop leaving so early or coming in late your Store might perform well. Maybe. Stop raising your voice to get your point across. Stop raising your voice to make me work harder. Stop treating your employees like slaves."

in Goshen, IN

"Long hours, high pressure, low pay, I'm ranked in the top 5 sales manager region"

What do you like about working at Rent-A-Center?

"Develop marketable skills. Sales, collections, management. If you can sell a RAC RA, you can sell anything."

"Get out while you can of you want a family, value time with you loved ones."

What don't you like about working at Rent-A-Center?

"Work-life balance Nonexistent. Pay Less then 35 k (despite a min. 50 hour week)."

"Properly staff your stores with an adequate number of employees (not 4-7 per store) PAY MORE"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5