369 Account Managers from Rent-A-Center submitted salaries.
Current CEO: Mark E. Speese
Rent-A-Center (RAC), headquartered in Plano, TX, is the nation’s largest rent-to-own company with an employee base of approximately 18,990 people. The company offers people who cannot afford, or want to sample merchandise before they buy, a chance to have items that some consider part of the “American dream.” The company’s roots also support this notion. RAC traces its origins back to the 1960s when Ernie Talley, who operated a retail store, wanted to provide customers who could not buy or receive credit the ability to purchase modern-day luxuries. This prompted him to open the first rent-to-own store.
In 1986, RAC officially became a company. Since that time, the company has grown from 16 stores to approximately 3,050 in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. Job seekers looking at working at Rent-A-Center should focus on applying to one of the company’s divisions. Those include:
• ColorTyme – People seeking to own a franchise may find opportunities here.
• Get It Now! – This Wisconsin-based subsidiary employs people to work on the side of business that focuses on selling merchandise on an installment basis.
• National Product Service – This division hires people to supports its merchandise warranty and repair policies.
• Rent-A-Center Corporate Leasing – This division provides furniture and other items to businesses that offer short-term corporate living to its employees.
• Rent-A-Centre – Those looking for sales and financial positions in Canada should narrow their job search to this division.
The Rent A Center culture mirrors the company’s consumer-focused history. The company places an emphasis on meeting the needs of consumers by offering high-quality merchandise. The company’s website also mentions maintaining a work-life balance for its employees. However, this is the main area where the company receives its lowest rating.
Those looking for RAC careers should know that reviewers state that they often work too many hours and are held accountable when customers do not pay their bills. At the same time, those who thrive in a competitive environment, do not mind being primarily judged on numbers and enjoy working in retail may find job opportunities.
Some of Rent-A-Center’s benefits rank below the industry average. Employees receive 10 vacation days after one year of employment. The company’s hourly wage is consistent with other retail positions, but below what other companies pay. Rent-A-Center benefits also include paid/sick personal time, an employee purchase plan, a 401(k) option and training options.
Create an account and follow companies, manage job alerts, connect with other professionals and more.
Update your browser to have a more positive job search experience.Upgrade My Browser