(based on 56 Paychex Review Ratings)
Paychex Employee

"I am part of a company that was acquired by paychex. Overall, the acquisition has provided us amazing benefits for health and retirement, and has a strong forward footing in the future of payroll and HR. The culture shift has been interesting, but I’m on a fantastic team that helps each other through every obstacle."

Sales Representative
in Irving, TX

"Paychex is a great company. The compensation plan is generous and you have many channels and opportunities to be successful there. The work culture is a young and fun vibe."

Paychex (90)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Marcum (5)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is alliantgroup (9)
in Lake Success, NY

"I’ve been working at paychex for over a year learned a lot about the industry, the changes for the division I’m in had many changes that limited the opportunities. Has a good training but on your own on a lot of things, some senior reps help out at times but good starting sales job."

HR Consultant

"The best part about working for the company was the ongoing training which you can schedule time to complete during work hours. The more you train, the more you get paid. It isn't hard to get raises quickly if you are willing to put in the effort. The teams of 8 people give you the freedom to always have someone to rely on if you need help with daily tasks or training material. Overall it was a good experience and taught me how to manage a busy schedule"

Average Paychex Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Payroll Manager
in Piscataway, NJ

"Not at this time - ------"

in Spokane, WA

"Selling software at Paychex is an incredible experience and you get to hunt for the business and choose the vertical to work."

Payroll Specialist
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Paychex is a great company to work for. I find myself wanting to leave because there is no more that I can do in the office that I currently work in and relocation is not in the cards for me. The job can be high stress at times and, being a customer facing job, you are going to deal with a lot of different people on a day to day basis."

in San Ramon, CA

"I have worked for paychex for about a year and a half. There is much opportunity to be financially successful. The harder you work, the more money you make."

Payroll Specialist

"Good place to work, growing company but maybe too fast. Need to have more support onboarding."

in Baton Rouge, LA

"In the interview they lie and tell you that you will get a raise after you complete each step to your training and that that the training can be completed every 2 weeks but yet the supervisors will not schedule you for the training unless you pretty much beg them. The workload is more than the compensation provided. You will be told in the interview that you will be dealing with clients that have 50 employees or less with 60% of your clients have well over 100 employees. The supervisors pick and choose who they want to help. You are supposed to meet with your supervisor once a week for a one on one to discuss you stats, and I can tell you I have been with the company about 9 months and have had two one on ones but I have never seen my surveys and can't tell you what my stats are like because my supervisor has never provided them to me after asking for them several times. I think this company is a waste of time and the turnover is extremely high. Instead of promoting from within where they have senior specialists who have been here for 3 plus years, they are hiring supervisors with less than 6 months of payroll experience that haven't even became senior specialists. This place is a joke, there is no morale and the worst place to work."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Webster, NY

"Totally dysfunctional. It's a wonder the software works at all. Used to be a fine organization but has gone downhill in the past couple years with the new management that thinks only of the bottom line and not the quality of the software."

in Webster, NY

"After working for several years, used to be a fine place to work when TG ran the business but recently is going in the wrong direction with a regime change of management. The new management team does not value long-term employees, recent "layoffs" are a sign of that, with many being replaced by H1B visas. Nepotism is the norm with the new management. The overall morale is low, people are walking on eggshells not knowing when the next shoe is to drop."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Performance Engineer
in Webster, NY

"I liked to work there. The company environment was great to work."

in Webster, NY

"Great company to work for, except in the development area. There needs to be some new blood with changes, but this company only hires from within for development managers and directors."

in Culver City, CA

"I've been with paychex for 3 years. I have sold and been a manager during my time. The training is best in the industry. Career growth is available for top achievers. Where paychex falls a little behind is on rep compensation. If you hit all your objectives you can make some good money, but if you miss one, your pay will suffer."