On average, employees at Paychex give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Paychex employees are Sales Consultants submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Sales Representatives with a rating of 3.9.

(based on 69 Paychex Review Ratings)
Human Capital Management Consultant
in Shawnee, KS

"I was fortunate to work for a great manager but unfortunately the company made changes to the sales roles in the Kansas City area during COVID 19."

Paychex Employee

"I have worked for Paychex for just under a year and I love it. They give you the tools and resources to succeed and you are backed with the power of partnership."

Paychex (103)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Marcum (6)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is alliantgroup (10)
Oracle Database Engineer
in Rochester, NY

"i had the best experience with paychex's"

in Kennesaw, GA

"HR Industry company that has been in business for decades"

Average Paychex Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Consultant

"I have worked for Paychex since the beginning of 2020. They were amazing in getting me brought on board and training me to be successful. The only reason I left was because the role I was in shifted very drastically because of COVID to the point where I did not want to be in it anymore. Otherwise I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a job."

Paychex Employee

"I’ve been employed with Paychex for a little less than 2 years. I find that they do not treat their sales teams like they should, considering they are the lifeblood of the company. There is not much room for advancement without moving to a specific area. They have released so many salespeople & they are continuing to manage the new & existing clients in many regions with a skeleton team & have relied more heavily on the inside sales resources, which are based in Rochester, NY - where they are headquartered. In my experience, small businesses need to have a local contact for the sale & implementation of these integral services. Some of the leaders are great, but the company morale is overall very low because of decisions being made atop the organization chart. They have stopped matching 401K contributions, lessened pay, complicated compensation & done many other things that make their sales associates feel less & less important."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Specialist
in Rochester, NY

"I love my job here at Paychex, not only I get to help people every single day but I also have a wonderful team that supports me. I get paid fairly for my work and have an ability to not only help out other teams and gain experience but to move up in the company as well."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
SMB Sales Manager
in Auburn, MA

"Paychex is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in outside sales. The freedom and flexibility of how you manage your pipeline compared to the avenues they help provide you with make it possible for almost anyone to succeed."

in Woodland Hills, CA

"Paychex has a great sales training program. They are a great entry level sales job. If you follow the system, you will to fine. You need to be good at partnering with your co-workers to get the most out of the compensation plan."

Service Advisor

"I've worked at Paychex since 2016. I feel that they are a great Company to work for and have great benefits. They give you the tools and training to excel in your job."

in Rochester, NY

"Strong company culture and emphasis on values. Great place to begin one’s career."

Paychex Employee

"I am part of a company that was acquired by paychex. Overall, the acquisition has provided us amazing benefits for health and retirement, and has a strong forward footing in the future of payroll and HR. The culture shift has been interesting, but I’m on a fantastic team that helps each other through every obstacle."

Sales Representative
in Irving, TX

"Paychex is a great company. The compensation plan is generous and you have many channels and opportunities to be successful there. The work culture is a young and fun vibe."

in Lake Success, NY

"I’ve been working at paychex for over a year learned a lot about the industry, the changes for the division I’m in had many changes that limited the opportunities. Has a good training but on your own on a lot of things, some senior reps help out at times but good starting sales job."

HR Consultant

"The best part about working for the company was the ongoing training which you can schedule time to complete during work hours. The more you train, the more you get paid. It isn't hard to get raises quickly if you are willing to put in the effort. The teams of 8 people give you the freedom to always have someone to rely on if you need help with daily tasks or training material. Overall it was a good experience and taught me how to manage a busy schedule"