111 Northwestern Mutual Reviews

Browse Northwestern Mutual Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Northwestern Mutual give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Northwestern Mutual employees are Financial Advisors submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Financial Representatives with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 89 Northwestern Mutual Review Ratings)
"I have been employed here for about 3 months. It has been a great experience. Financial reps are treated like we are very valuable. Good support and the ability to move up and make good money. You get new laptop, and have access to state of the art facilities. We also got a sign on bonus for the first month. Older reps are very supportive and will help you with cases you can't handle."
Posted 4 years ago in Memphis, TN
in The Woodlands, TX

"The training and support at Northwestern Mutual helps their representatives to grow their business. However, you must be financially prepared to not make as much money in your first year. It is a stressful business that you have to keep afloat and achieve in."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I have only worked for NM for four months as a financial rep. They provide great training and assist new reps in several ways. It can be difficult to hit the ground running and takes a determined mindset to succeed. If you follow the advice and training they give you can become successful."

Northwestern Mutual (111)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
Data Engineer
in Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked here for the last year. I enjoy the company however they have a lack of training and resources available to help you."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"I landed an internship with Northwestern Mutual in May 2020. I felt like there was a lot of room for growth and improvement during the first three months of this position. I learned a lot of great skills revolving around financial planning and sales. However, due to Covid-19, my growth became stagnant since we are not in the office. The number of resources available is few and far between, and the more experienced advisors are busy with their own work."

Average Northwestern Mutual Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Indianapolis, IN

"If you are wanting to get into the sales world and want incredible guidance on how to do it then this is the job for you!"

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"Northwestern Mutual is the leading firm in its industry. The firm believes in their products and believe that our financial advisors are bringing values to the client's financial security. Northwestern Mutual is a great company to work for, with its thriving morale and friendly competition to drive productivity. If you are searching to work in a fast-paced environment and professional growth, Northwestern Mutual is the place to begin."

in Wilmington, NC

"Great Company to work for and are willing to help each individual the ability to grow and understand the business model. I recommend this job for young and middle age career goal minded people. The people are making an impact at all levels with the customer and co-workers."

in Downers Grove, IL

"Northwestern Mutual Chicagoland is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. However, at the conclusion of my internship, I deemed that I would not pursue a full-time career there."

in Boca Raton, FL

"I've worked with Northwestern Mutual for almost two years now. My co-workers are some of the most genuine people I have ever met and I am so glad that I was able to build strong relationships with most of them. On a professional level, I love working with my clients and helping them achieve their personal and financial goals. However, for me, working under a salary based job can be very fluctuating; some months are great and some months I am under a great deal of stress. Northwestern is the best at what they do in my opinion and I wouldn't refer anyone to a different firm or agency."

Office Coordinator
in Walnut Creek, CA

"The ongoing training and support is the best I have seen. Everyone I interacted with was kind and very professional. Unfortunately, COVID-19 had slowed business down and in addition, many financial advisors and their teams chose to work remotely. With these factors my position as Office Coordinator was unfortunately no longer needed and was ultimately eliminated."

Campus Recruiter
in Miami, FL

"I have worked for Northwestern Mutual for a year now and it has truly helped me expand my social skills completely. I have been able to meet an abundance of successful people as well as became a part of plenty of community organizations. I am grateful for everything I've learned in this company and how I'll be able to apply it to future careers like this."

in Baltimore, MD

"I work with Northwestern Mutual and it is a very well rounded company, It is just that it is a sales role that is commission based and I need something that is more structured."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Milwaukee, WI

"I started working in March and I have had a good experience."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Boise, ID

"Northwestern is a great company who puts their policy owners first!"

in Baltimore, MD

"I have worked for Northwestern Mutual since November 2019. It is a great company to work for and everyone genuinely cares about your success."