116 Northwestern Mutual Reviews

Browse Northwestern Mutual Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Northwestern Mutual give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Northwestern Mutual employees are Financial Advisors submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Financial Representatives with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 94 Northwestern Mutual Review Ratings)

"I have been employed here for about 3 months. It has been a great experience. Financial reps are treated like we are very valuable. Good support and the ability to move up and make good money. You get new laptop, and have access to state of the art facilities. We also got a sign on bonus for the first month. Older reps are very supportive and will help you with cases you can't handle."
Posted 5 years ago in Memphis, TN
in Elmwood Park, IL

"I worked at Northwestern Mutual as a Campus Recruiter for nearly a year. Being in the financial services, this company really empowers diverse individuals such as women and BIPOC. The CEO and all leadership truly cares about their employees and will always be there to support them."

in Gilbert, AZ

"I've worked at Northwestern Mutual for a year now and have been employed in two different positions. They give you everything you need to succeed at your position and that is hard to come across."

Northwestern Mutual (116)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
in Lincoln, NE

"Northwestern Mutual is a great place to work. They equip you with the proper tools that you need to get the job done. The only factor that contributes to how well that you do in this job and this industry is your ability to work hard and get the job done. If this sounds like you then you might be the perfect candidate."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"Northwestern Mutual - Dallas has a wonderfully supportive culture, an award winning training program and there's unlimited income potential. If you have an interest in finance, helping your community and building something from the ground up, then I would highly recommend exploring this opportunity."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Operations Assistant

"I have been with Northwestern Mutual for a little over a year now. The culture of the team that I work with has been the most enjoyable aspect. Although we were working remotely for the first 6 months of my employment, the team was so accommodating and willing to assist me to help me feel comfortable with them."

in The Woodlands, TX

"The training and support at Northwestern Mutual helps their representatives to grow their business. However, you must be financially prepared to not make as much money in your first year. It is a stressful business that you have to keep afloat and achieve in."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I have only worked for NM for four months as a financial rep. They provide great training and assist new reps in several ways. It can be difficult to hit the ground running and takes a determined mindset to succeed. If you follow the advice and training they give you can become successful."

Data Engineer
in Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked here for the last year. I enjoy the company however they have a lack of training and resources available to help you."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"I landed an internship with Northwestern Mutual in May 2020. I felt like there was a lot of room for growth and improvement during the first three months of this position. I learned a lot of great skills revolving around financial planning and sales. However, due to Covid-19, my growth became stagnant since we are not in the office. The number of resources available is few and far between, and the more experienced advisors are busy with their own work."

in Indianapolis, IN

"If you are wanting to get into the sales world and want incredible guidance on how to do it then this is the job for you!"

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"Northwestern Mutual is the leading firm in its industry. The firm believes in their products and believe that our financial advisors are bringing values to the client's financial security. Northwestern Mutual is a great company to work for, with its thriving morale and friendly competition to drive productivity. If you are searching to work in a fast-paced environment and professional growth, Northwestern Mutual is the place to begin."

in Wilmington, NC

"Great Company to work for and are willing to help each individual the ability to grow and understand the business model. I recommend this job for young and middle age career goal minded people. The people are making an impact at all levels with the customer and co-workers."

in Downers Grove, IL

"Northwestern Mutual Chicagoland is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. However, at the conclusion of my internship, I deemed that I would not pursue a full-time career there."

in Boca Raton, FL

"I've worked with Northwestern Mutual for almost two years now. My co-workers are some of the most genuine people I have ever met and I am so glad that I was able to build strong relationships with most of them. On a professional level, I love working with my clients and helping them achieve their personal and financial goals. However, for me, working under a salary based job can be very fluctuating; some months are great and some months I am under a great deal of stress. Northwestern is the best at what they do in my opinion and I wouldn't refer anyone to a different firm or agency."

Office Coordinator
in Walnut Creek, CA

"The ongoing training and support is the best I have seen. Everyone I interacted with was kind and very professional. Unfortunately, COVID-19 had slowed business down and in addition, many financial advisors and their teams chose to work remotely. With these factors my position as Office Coordinator was unfortunately no longer needed and was ultimately eliminated."