117 Northwestern Mutual Reviews

Browse Northwestern Mutual Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Northwestern Mutual give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Northwestern Mutual employees are Financial Advisors submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Financial Representatives with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 95 Northwestern Mutual Review Ratings)

"I have been employed here for about 3 months. It has been a great experience. Financial reps are treated like we are very valuable. Good support and the ability to move up and make good money. You get new laptop, and have access to state of the art facilities. We also got a sign on bonus for the first month. Older reps are very supportive and will help you with cases you can't handle."
Posted 5 years ago in Memphis, TN
in Memphis, TN

in Woodland Hills, CA

"Great place to work and I highly recommend it"

Northwestern Mutual (117)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Milliman (9)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
in Carlsbad, CA

"I have worked with Northwestern Mutual for less than 1 year. The training that is provided is the best training I have seen next to the military. The work culture is fantastic and people rely on each other to improve our day. The overall mission of helping people meet their financial goals is rewarding and people who have an excellent network of people should work for them."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"Northwestern Mutual has taught me how to successfully run my own business. Skills I acquired were both soft and hard communication skills working with companies, families and individuals. My work has given me an analytical eye when it comes to analysis of present and future finances and can be applied greatly in contracting."

in Boise, ID

"Northwestern is a great company who puts their policy owners first!"

in Wilmington, NC

"Great Company to work for and are willing to help each individual the ability to grow and understand the business model. I recommend this job for young and middle age career goal minded people. The people are making an impact at all levels with the customer and co-workers."

Intern
in Missoula, MT

What do you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"I loved the professionalism of this company, the people were more than happy to help out in any circumstance. The training and availability of the managers and team members was 24/7 with eagerness to apply themselves to work."

"Be honest and upfront about what you expect to gain from this company."

What don't you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"There wasn't a specific thing that I didn't like about this company."

"Management team was amazing and very helpful in many ways, I do not have any suggestions for the management."

in Morristown, NJ

"Northwestern is a great company for someone who is motivated by commissions and likes insurance sales."

Financial Operations Specialist
in Milwaukee, WI

"This is a great place to work and to advance."

in Lincoln, NE

"Northwestern Mutual is a great place to work. They equip you with the proper tools that you need to get the job done. The only factor that contributes to how well that you do in this job and this industry is your ability to work hard and get the job done. If this sounds like you then you might be the perfect candidate."

in Elmwood Park, IL

"I worked at Northwestern Mutual as a Campus Recruiter for nearly a year. Being in the financial services, this company really empowers diverse individuals such as women and BIPOC. The CEO and all leadership truly cares about their employees and will always be there to support them."

Financial Representative

"I gained exceptional consultative sales experience."

What do you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the challenge of closing deals."

"Its a great company, the people are awesome, and I would recommend anyone to work there."

What don't you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"The company didn't do anything to generate leads for us."

"Maybe more advertising, and getting their name out there like some of the other insurance/investment firms."

Financial Representative Intern
in Kansas City, MO

"I had a great time and met many new people"

What do you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"I was an independent contractor so I was able to work at my own pace and use my own judgement to perform my tasks. I also got to work with new people every day and each clients situation was different."

"Its a great company, requires self motivation, and if you don't enjoy talking and meeting with new people its not the career path for you. I think there is a lot of potential for success with the company but its just not what I am looking for in my career path."

What don't you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"I was unhappy with the inconsistencies in being paid. I was paid on 100% commission based on new clients and the amount of business they brought to the company. While this way of being paid was fair in my eyes it made my personal financial plans hard to anticipate because of the ups and downs in the industry."

"Management at Northwestern Mutual was great. They provided an industry leading sales school as well as upper management support. The team of individuals I worked closest with were very supportive and were in the industry to help people not just make money which was nice!"

Financial Representative Intern
in Omaha, NE

What do you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"Northwestern Mutual pays their employees based on performance. I am extremely driven and motivated so getting paid based on performance was extremely satisfying."

"Give the internship 100%. It will push the boundaries of your comfort zone and give you experience unmatched by any other internship. There is a reason that Northwestern Mutual is considered a Top Ten Internship. The internship develops leaders and encourages self-motivation, determination, and entrepreneurship."

What don't you like about working at Northwestern Mutual?

"Northwestern Mutual is a great company however, my time as an intern made me realize that working in the insurance industry was not for me. Despite my lack of desire, I gave the internship 100% and at one point ranked as high as 37 out of over 3000 interns nationwide."

"Create more competition within the internship. My drive came from challenging other interns to outperform me. Competition is what fueled my success and I suspect that it would do the same for other interns."