116 Northwestern Mutual Reviews

Browse Northwestern Mutual Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 94 Northwestern Mutual Review Ratings)

"I have been employed here for about 3 months. It has been a great experience. Financial reps are treated like we are very valuable. Good support and the ability to move up and make good money. You get new laptop, and have access to state of the art facilities. We also got a sign on bonus for the first month. Older reps are very supportive and will help you with cases you can't handle."
Posted 5 years ago in Memphis, TN
Recruiting Coordinator

"Northwestern Mutual Irvine is a great company to work for with an good culture. Overall, I have really enjoyed my experience with this company. They were very great about allowing me to take on positions that I was capable of in a short amount of time. Their compensation structure for staff positions although is a bit skewed compared to their financial representatives."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"I've been at Northwestern Mutual for nearly two years. It truly is a solid company that focuses on holistic financial planning. With a solid foundation in life insurance, they've now branched out to focus on helping clients plan for tomorrow while living for today."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"I came to Northwestern to see what it was like to work in finance, but found it to be much more about life insurance than I had expected."

Financial Representative Intern
in Birmingham, AL

"This company is a very good company to work for. There was an amazing culture and people. I recommend Northwestern Mutual for anyone considering it."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"I worked at Northwestern Mutual during the summer of 2018. I found the workplace environment was very positive and there was an abundance of knowledgeable people throughout the office. However, I found that some of the employees had an intrusive sales approach that didn't align with my morals. Others had a better approach that enabled them to form a relationship with the customer and truly find their personal needs."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Financial Representative
in Eau Claire, WI

"I worked with Northwestern Mutual for a year and a half. If you enjoy building a bank of business on your own with minimal training, this is the place for you."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Northwestern Mutual Employee

"This company did not seem to take into account the cost to its' employees and clientele in its quest to expand. They would not allow new employees to work independently and required you to work with a senior adviser who got 50% of your sales commission and full control of the account if you left the company. This organization did not seem to try and hide the fact that new hires have incredibly high turnovers, and have created a system that perpetuates this issue. My supervisor spent a good deal of time criticizing me over trying to help me overcome the tribulations of an incredibly difficult industry."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Financial Advisor
in Woodland Hills, CA

"Great place to work and I highly recommend it"

Automation Framework Engineer
in Milwaukee, WI

"Northwestern is going through some growing pains, but people are passionate about doing good work, and that shows."

in Leawood, KS

"Northwestern Mutual is a great place to start a career in the financial service industry. They have great training as well as great leadership to teach you the skills to be successful in the career. If you are will to put in the work you will be able to be successful."

in Portage, MI

"- Great training program - Ability to build a business - Great flexibility - Lacks a base salary"

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"I was employed after graduation by Northwestern Mutual. They have allowed me to grow in my skill sets and take on a lot of responsibilities."

in Oklahoma City, OK

"It's a great place to work and I think it will be a good fit for the right person."

Northwestern Mutual Employee

"Northwestern Mutual has taught me how to successfully run my own business. Skills I acquired were both soft and hard communication skills working with companies, families and individuals. My work has given me an analytical eye when it comes to analysis of present and future finances and can be applied greatly in contracting."

Financial Representative
in Carlsbad, CA

"I have worked with Northwestern Mutual for less than 1 year. The training that is provided is the best training I have seen next to the military. The work culture is fantastic and people rely on each other to improve our day. The overall mission of helping people meet their financial goals is rewarding and people who have an excellent network of people should work for them."