69 Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews

Browse Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Maxim Healthcare Services give their company a 2.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 27% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Maxim Healthcare Services employees are Charge Nurses submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Healthcare Recruiters with a rating of 3.1.

(based on 35 Maxim Healthcare Services Review Ratings)
2.2
2.4
in Pensacola, FL

"The last Service Coordinator before me walked out on this company. Now after working there, I know why from experience. Management doesn't support you or ensure your training goes as it is meant to. There is only one service coordinator to handle answering the phones and directing calls for 20+ people in the office, plus pull off scheduling staff to work with in home clients. I always worked early, and always stayed late, it became a very thank-less job. I had no life, always on call, always dealing with issues my boss should have been handling. Over worked and underpaid. It's not worth the stress and the loss of quality time with my family."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Maxim Healthcare Services Employee

"Do not recommend, poor management lead, hire new young people who have no experience in healthcare field, never stick around. Low or no culture diversity. Nurses are fake, put on fake smiles, put ethnic/black nurses under microscope. Give secret peaks, click good ol' boys, low pay, no benefits. No chance for raise, watch your back."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Maxim Healthcare Services (69)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (13)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LHC Group (6)
Medical Coder
in Ohio City, CO

"I worked there for a month as a remote medical coder. I did not have a coding manager and also had no communication with anyone I was coding for. After a month of coding, Maxim called me out of the blue and I was told they will not need me anymore. I had no warning or no proper training as to why I was getting fired."

in Minneapolis, MN

"No company should have a sign posted in the new hire computer area a sign that states something to the effect of if you choose not to decline the Hepatitis B series there will be a three-month delay in hiring. This appears to be an attempt to discourage people from excepting the hepatitis B series from Maxim when it is the law that the employer does indeed have to pay for this series of vaccinations for employees that might have access to body fluids. No worthwhile employer would ever discourage a new hire from being protected. No company with integrity would tell the nurse to cover up a blood spill rather than clean it up."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average Maxim Healthcare Services Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
2013 $2
Maxim Healthcare Services Employee

"Awful company. Company does not support equality and is gender biased."

in San Bernardino, CA

"Acceptable, it's exactly what it is."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Orange, CA

"It's an okay company. It definitely doesn't pay the bills."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Paraeducator
in Glendale, CA

"This process was speedy, informational and easy to follow. I thought that the process was worth the investment of time."

in Louisburg, NC

"I've worked for Maxim for almost 5 years. Since then i had no raise. They expect so much from workers however do not recognized our job. Staff at the office are very RUDE!!!!!!!!!! Maxim only cares for the money and not the client. Expect so much but then again give so little. I do not recommend no one to work for this agency. Supervisors are not professional at all. Never do follow up. Just a signature and that is it!!!! Worst agency to work for. Time to pack my bags and leave."

Maxim Healthcare Services Employee

"Very Unhappy with this company. Low pay and disrespected by the office staff including DON and Administrator. No rewards or benefits when you give 110% but they are quick to throw you under the bus and lie to patients and family members. The administration wants to make money anyway they can. Very sleazy! Beware! I have been with them for 3 years with nothing too show. I make less then any other nurse out their at skilled facility or hospital. Time for a change."

Team Leader
in Columbia, MD

"I worked at Maxim since 2010. The company is filled with good people, however the pay there is not that great. I would recommend this company to others as a starting job, but I don't think it's anything to make a career out of. The retention of employees has been terrible."

HR Business Partner
in Columbia, MD

"I worked there 10 weeks and "resigned". I was surprised and shocked at the politics and hate to say that you should not work for this company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Colorado Springs, CO

"The recruiters they have only care about the paycheck, not the patient. The receptionist at my office referred to me as a babysitter. Also told one of my pts that the pt was a burden to the company.Want a day off, forget about it! You can give them a month's notice and they will still drop the ball. When confront them on this issue they said, You should have just taken it off and then said the patients need to be responsible for their own care. They don't know what their company stands for."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Education Program Manager
in Columbia, MD

"Maxim Healthcare has 30,000 employees in offices across the country. I enjoyed my work there tremendously, and was sorry to see the deletion of my position. The company was technically smart, requiring all employees to learn new software on a regular basis."

in Newport News, VA

"I've worked with Maxim Healthcare Services since 2011 and all I have seen the company do is make promises and not deliver on anything promised to the grunt workers."