12 Nightingale Home Healthcare Reviews

Browse Nightingale Home Healthcare Reviews by Job Title →
2.2
(based on 11 Nightingale Home Healthcare Review Ratings)
1.5
2.5
2.7
Nightingale Home Healthcare Employee
in Florida City, FL

"I've worked for the company for a year. I've near got a pay raise and the hotels they select are rat holes!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Nightingale Home Healthcare Employee
in Carmel, IN

"Run as fast as you can away from this company. If you are motivated by fear and intimidation, this is the place for you. Very disorganized. Many patients did not receive proper care or treatment. Owner is a tyrant. Money is his biggest concern."

2.2
Nightingale Home Healthcare (12)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Nightingale Home Healthcare (12)
Team Member
in Carmel, IN

"This company does a poor job of caring for their employees."

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I love the patients and the experience I have gained."

"Realize that money isn't anything and get everything in writing. If you feel strongly about something, follow it up."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I don't care for most of the office staff and their inability to care for and care about their employees."

"Be thoughtful of your employees and the sacrifices they make for the company."

Medical Records Clerk
in Carmel, IN

"Horrible. Worst company to work for."

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I met some great people working in the office. This is the only thing that was positive."

"Please reconsider. Finding another job is worth the wait. The interview is not worth your time."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I did not like the favoritism, low pay, high stress and expectations. Administration is completely unapproachable and HR is difficult to work with. The work expected is beyond any human's capabilities. The owner is selfish and treats employees as his personal slaves, waiting on him hand and foot. Every day you had to be prepared to either be fired, yelled at, or threatened. Do not expect to take vacations, sick days or be excused from work even if there is 2 feet of snow. Be sure to get sled dog to pull you to work."

"Respect your employees and show compassion. With such a high turnover rate the company cannot maintain any kind of consistancy."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Nightingale Home Healthcare Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2011 $2
2012 $2
2013 $1
Clinical Coordinator
in Pittsburgh, PA

"Run - don't have anything to do with these people."

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"The professional staff that worked in our local office were great. The patients were great. The some corporate people wre helpful but HR and owner were horrible."

"Make sure you ask about holiday time no one allowed off from Thanksgiving to New Years. Must give 21 day notice to get a day off. Can't use PTO when you want to. If you have a death in the family or emergency they may or may not givr the day paid off.It just depends on if they like you. No berevement days. They will make youe take call and not pay you for your time or phone."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"Worst company I hae ever worked for in 40 years. Owner & HR people are extremely disrespectful, very unprofessional, disorganized. They are very passive aggresive. They say one thing and do another. Very poor communicators. The top 2 HR people are uneducated and don't understand simple HR functions. Didn't take taxes out correctly. Took money out of workers checks without their prior authorization."

"Tell the owner he's not in India but here US where people are respected and valued. The staff is bored about learning about dead presidents and getting ridiculous emails threatening them. The outside offices never get the support they need."

Home Health Aide
in Carmel, IN

"Nightingale Home Health Services was a nightmare"

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"The pateints I got to work with and the families of those patients."

"Don't unless you like haveing no life, no family and not being properly compensated for your work."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"The owner of the company only looks out for himself. The office staff only takes care of the office staff and leaves the field staff hanging on important issues for weeks on end. Trying to get my 401k and profit sharing resolved with the H.R. person is impossible. It's been a month and a half and there still no closer now then they were the day I left. Checks were consistantly short every pay period. They wanted to blame field staff for that but when it came out it was 99% of the time the office staff who messed up the checks."

"Take more responsibility for your field staff because without us there would be no use for you in the office."

Assistant Director of Marketing
in Carmel, IN

"Loved my job, but the CEO was an HR Nightmare"

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I loved working with all the sales reps, both at our headquarters, and with all the outlying offices. I loved the tradeshows, event planning and supporting their sales efforts."

"Have a thick skin because you are expected to work hard and should be willing to receive little praise."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I hate to point blame, but the CEO was the reason I left. He was sexist, egotistical, and a bully. He used abusive language and intimidation to run the company and when my director of marketing was fired, I resigned because I could not work directly under such a person."

"Managment needs to remove the CEO from the day-to-day business. He alone is the source of their high turnover and civil lawsuits."

Office Assistant

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"There are some great people working at the company, and you do get vacation time your first year (although if you are non-salaried field staff you only get 2 days)."

"Ask specifically about the details of the work environment. Ask if you will get goals and details in writing when starting your job."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"The owner is extremely disrespectful and rude to employees and holds them responsible for actions that are out of their control (for example, what one person chooses to do will cause the entire department or company to be disciplined). In order to get even an hour off to go to the doctor, for example, you have to request the time off in writing 21 days in advance and it might not be approved. Mileage is only paid at 25 cents per mile, so if you drive your own car you will lose money for each mile you drive for the company."

"Management needs to be more clear about expectations and goals."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Wound Care Coordinator
in Indianapolis, IN

What do you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"I like the chance to learn much more and encouraged to become a wound care coordinator"

"Do not interview with them. Unless you do not want a life and do not mine working even on your vacation."

What don't you like about working at Nightingale Home Healthcare?

"There is not enough space to write about this company. The owner is a micromanager and does not have a problem at belittling anybody. He has been known to yell and cuse out employees"

"Treat employees with respect, with the same respect you expect from them. Let the employees have a life and not live for the company. It is not the pay that keeps employees, it is how you treat them."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Clinical Coordinator
Person You Work For 1.1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2.9 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1.5 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Payroll Supervisor
in Carmel, IN

"I was not happy working at this company."

Person You Work For 1.1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3.9 / 5
Support You Get 1.1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
POC Specialist

"Overall it was a good learning experience."