On average, employees at The Kroger Co. give their company a 3.3 rating out of 5.0 - which is 14% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest The Kroger Co. employees are Pharmacy Technicians submitting an average rating of 3.8 and Courtesy Clerks with a rating of 3.4.

(based on 81 The Kroger Co. Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Kroger, for over six years all throughout college. Kroger is a great place to work for students who are looking for part time work, they work around your availability and give you as much hours as possible. I would recommend working for Kroger to any high school student or college student looking for part time work."
Posted 5 years ago in Lilburn, GA
in Acworth, GA

"I worked for kroger for several years and even though upper management was very open and had great relationships the direct management was the issue"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Courtesy Clerk
in Alpharetta, GA

"I worked for Kroger back when i was in high school, and the work load they gave me was boring, but gave me good experience working with people in a retail setting. I ended up leaving because of extracurriculars but it is a job i look back on fondly."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

The Kroger Co. (102)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Ingles Markets (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is The Fresh Market (13)
Assistant Store Manager
in Tupelo, MS

"I’ve worked at Kroger for 8 years. It is a sound company that fosters change. It is experiencing cutting edge technology which allows it to stay relevant in today’s world."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Great experience"

Average The Kroger Co. Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Assistant Store Manager
in Memphis, TN

"I enjoyed my time working for the Kroger company."

General Merchandise Clerk
in Columbus, OH

"It is a very good company to work for and a very friendly environment. I just would like to have a job that pertains to my degree."

in Riverside, CA

"no comments - I don't know why is this mandatory field."

in Clackamas, OR

"I have worked at Kroger manufacturing plan for a year now. The company has good ethical values and people are good. They help you climb the ladder and my experience was smooth overall."

Journeyman Meat Wrapper
in Bremerton, WA

"I’ve currently worked for Fred Meyer for a little over one year now. Since 2018 I quickly understood Kroger prides themselves on positive manager/employee relations, and I believe this to be an amazing expectation of the corporation!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Columbus, OH

"Although I have only worked for 3 months at this establishment, there have been many complaints about paychecks not being sent out, or paychecks not being compensated fully for the amount of work being done throughout the week."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Morgantown, WV

"I worked for Kroger part-time for five months. Every day was absolutely hectic and there was very little organization. Most of the other employees were kind but overworked and the pace rarely slows."

in Athens, GA

"Kroger is having money issues. it treats employees like they are disposable to achieve its bottom line."

in Tomball, TX

"I have worked for Kroger for 12 years. I have found that it is not always family oriented. They only care about making money."

in Pottstown, PA

"Turkey Hill Minit Market is in the C-store division of Kroger. Their business model is based on getting a $1 worth of production out of a nickel's worth of investment in employee compensation. According to the company's wage scale, which is negotiated by the corporate cost accountants with no employee input, the top M-I-T salary is $12.98/hr during training. You earn more on average only because of overtime, which is mandatory. You are expected to work a minimum of 48 hours a week. Entry level for clerks is $7.25/hr and Kroger believes the people who will take these jobs are unlimited. When you don't have clerk coverage because of call outs (a regular occurrence due to the job expectations for the wages paid and allowable coverage), you are expected to cover those hours as well as yours. Benefits are ok if you can afford them without having to choose between living expenses and retirement accounts. Negative reinforcement is the motivational program followed (you are 50 times more likely to get documented for poor performance, than given praise for a good job). If I wasn't in my mid 50's and have years invested in the company, I wouldn't be there. I will move when an opportunity arises."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Little Rock, AR

"I have worked for Kroger for 13 years. They treat their employees very bad. I had messed up and they asked me to resign. But it was ok for a manager and another employee to steal and they still have their jobs. I would be very careful working for this company, they set you up. I think they should have handled the situation a lot differently than they did. And I would still have my job. The whole time I worked there never got in trouble or wrote up for anything. They should have suspended me for 2 weeks without pay, would have been good enough. But no, lost job and place to live all in one weekend. Just be careful working for this company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5