On average, employees at Fry's give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Fry's employees are Service Technicians submitting an average rating of 4.2 and Sales Associates with a rating of 3.8.

(based on 54 Fry's Review Ratings)
in Hanford, CA

"Never have the proper tools to complete job, no communication between home office, management and employees. Bad pay. Little chance to move up. Management never at work or lazy. Company never shows appreciation for its employees. Really cheap company. Best part is getting paid weekly and co workers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Fremont, CA

"I've worked at Fry's Electronics for just over a year. On the plus side, it was a friendly working environment with respectable people I could say I was happy to work with. However, the commission system is the most broken I've ever seen, with most products not even paying anything, like a $2,000 TV just because it wasn't the one the company wanted me to sell. If you're looking for an hourly wage position, then Fry's might be a decent place to work at, but DO NOT apply there if you're looking for a sales job."

Fry's (94)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (5)
in Fremont, CA

"I've worked for Fry's Electronic for 4 years. The management needs to be improved."

Programmer Analyst

"I have worked with Frys for almost 2.5 years now and I have strong rapport with my team members but the only flaw is they do not move to new technologies available in the market"

Average Fry's Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Fry's Employee

"Working at Fry's Electronics, prepare to be amazed at how you will be forced to screw people over. Day in and day out, I have to turn people away with simple problems or defer to somebody else and "pass the buck" as it where, because my job description says so. I've watched families get the raw end of the deal because an associate was too ignorant to think 5 minutes into the future. Don't work here."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Wireless Sales Associate
in Burbank, CA

"I've worked for 3 computer and electronic companies since 1999. I found them to have an emphasis on innovation and customer service. Fry's Electronics has more than 90 branches and more than 900 staff."

Fry's Employee

"Simply tired of not being allowed to do my job. I want to work hard but I spend too much time having to wait on people who don't seem to care. Harsh I know but it is mentally draining."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Anaheim, CA

"Worked as a computer merchandiser at Fry's. It's decent for a college kid looking for a summer job, especially if you love computers."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Sales Associate
in Manhattan Beach, CA

"Great place to work and great environment."

Service Technician
in Manhattan Beach, CA

"Fry's employees are like my second family."

AV Sales Manager
in Fountain Valley, CA

"It has its ups and downs, and is a great place to learn about the newest and greatest tech that comes out and also get to interact with it and get used to it. A great place to learn about the different types of technology, from computer tech all the way to televisions and audio equipment. If you're good with people then it's also a place to gain great customer service experience, be able to explain and show the customer products that may fit their needs and help close the sale."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Sales Associate
in Anaheim, CA

"I would say this the company they hired me without discrimination of language."

What do you like about working at Fry's?

"Reliable and Stable Company. Hard worker get paid higher according to their telnet."

"Good company to learn and move faster in management position if you are dedicated to work."

What don't you like about working at Fry's?

"It is a commission bases pay structure only which is I do not like for any company in any where in the World."

"Need to provide very good training. for each product is having higher margin for company and employee."

Fry's Employee

"The job is challenging and I enjoy the work as a whole but the problem comes in when you've been an MT longer then you've been a Tech and when the management staff offers you a promotion the raise is so small that its laughable."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Computer Merchandiser
in Sunnyvale, CA

What do you like about working at Fry's?

"Flexable Hours were the best all employes were happy all the time"

"No I don't feel the company knows where to go"

What don't you like about working at Fry's?

"Atmosphier was off beat employes didn't really care for the customers"

"many suggestions but they wouldn't take into effect because no one wanted to know look into different views"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Computer Department Supervisor

"At first it was an amazing place to work. It has slowly been going downill"

What do you like about working at Fry's?

"Getting to help customers, problem solving, coming up with solutions to make things run smoother."

"I do not have any tips. Just show up on time, in dress code."

What don't you like about working at Fry's?

"The direction the company is going, is actually punishing the supervisors and managers. We have had our pay cut 4 times in the last year, they make changes to the way we get paid, and when it doesnt work out, they dont change it, they just tell us to accept it. I have taken two 40% pay cuts in the past year."

"They need to treat managers and supervisors better. Your companies success starts from the top. If you have disgruntled managers and supervisors, that negativity is going to filter down to the other employees"