First American Title Employee Job Reviews

Browse First American Title Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at First American Title give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest First American Title employees are Software Developers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Contractors with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 133 First American Title Review Ratings)

"I've worked with First American SMS from 2006/2007 and came back to work for them from 2012/2014. Due to down revenue I was laid off, but my time there was an honor to work for them. In the time I worked there I found valuable team members constantly striving to achieve and surpass any goals set, which has helped me excel to a professional technical person I am today."
Posted 8 years ago in Irvine, CA
in Allen, TX

"I love the work environment at my current place of work, I get along great with my co-workers and supervisor. I’m not comfortable with the company going back on positions and was misinformed on full-time and part-time when I first started. I highly enjoy having full reigns on completely my daily tasks and usually have assistance when needed."

in Santa Ana, CA

"The management does a great job of teaching us how we fit into the overall company and how our job helps the company as a whole."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

First American Title (276)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Fleming Foods (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wireless Advocates (20)
in Santa Ana, CA

"People focused organization with a history of success."

in Santa Ana, CA

"First American Title Company is a great company to work for if you choose the right department. I unfortunately had no idea what I was walking into. The newly promoted "supervisor" had no management experience or education and chose to lead the department through fear and bullying. Everyone was on edge all the time. The other unfortunate thing was that you had to stay in the department for 1 year before being able to transfer to another one. So although I would have loved to remain working for the company, I could not imagine working under this person for an entire year."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Newberg, OR

"Systems are very user friendly"

in Berwyn, PA

"The claims department of First American has a great work environment. One of the cons would be the movement of information can be slow to non-existent. The office is made up of attorneys and specialist. Many times the attorneys will be given general information that is not provided to others."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Personal Banker
in Bourbonnais, IL

"I worked for First American Bank for over 3 years. One of the things they could greatly improve would be to invest more in their technology. Online banking constantly goes down, it is hard to find information needed to assist customers. Their training leaves a lot to be desired as it is too general and they rely on existing staff to teach new workers everything. The pay was good and the benefits were ok."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Elk Grove, CA

"I have worked in the title and escrow industry for 30 plus years, gaining respect, honor, integrity and teamwork over the 30 years. I have managed 5 to 6 employees, worked in all aspects of Escrow."

First American Title Employee

"The main issues that I had with First American was the lack of leadership and the lack of training and resources that weren't provided for the temp employees."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Escrow Assistant

"The company was great to work for. Dedicated employees."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Analyst Lead
in Santa Ana, CA

"I worked for First American title for three years. I started as a help desk analyst and now I am a lead. I would provide technical support to external as well as internal customers."

in Fort Worth, TX

"First American Title was very good about not micromanaging. They were quick to buy us lunch when super busy. They gave bonus money quite often. My supervisor was great about keeping all of the employees in good standing with each other. We were given lots of moral support. I really loved my job and this company!"

in Santa Ana, CA

"The experience depends on which division of the company you work for. It regularly receives awards for employee satisfaction. My experience in my division was that it was a very lean operation and compensation was not commensurate with how demanding and difficult the work is."

in Elk Grove Village, IL

"I have worked with the company, which has over 50 locations in IL, WI and FL since 2012."

Accounting Associate
in Santa Ana, CA

"I worked for First American Property and Casualty for over 15 years. It was a great experience with many rewarding and challenges that came along with that long tenure. I have witnessed many changes in the company and many turnovers. Learning to adapt with the changes is what made me a stronger person as well as a more proficient worker. I love my co workers and my bosses. It was an unfortunate event that causes the company to lose 10% of its work force but that is just how corporations work. I did not have the power to change that but what I have the power to do is to continue on and established a great relationship with another company. First American gave me a great opportunity to meet great individual and to learn a profession that I never thought I would be in. Accounting was never my major in college. I had the job merely by luck through a temp agency. With that experienced I had working there I was able to learn many accounting things to give me a head start compared to many other people."