394 Fidelity Investments Reviews

Browse Fidelity Investments Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Fidelity Investments give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Fidelity Investments employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and QA Engineers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 250 Fidelity Investments Review Ratings)
"Fidelity is a great company with excellent benefits. I enjoy working at Fidelity and would recommend it to anyone. The QA organization is great. The Merrimack location is not appealing however. I would stay at this company forever if they had not relocated. One thing to keep in mind is as with any big company, there is a lot of bureaucracy. The people are great and always willing to help others."
Posted 4 years ago in Boston, MA
in Durham, NC

"This has to be one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people, especially management, treat even contractors like real human beings. They include us in everything that the employees enjoy with the exception of the holiday party but that's not a big deal. My manager is the greatest. The work I do can be stressful but I know without worrying about it there will be someone who will step up to help if I need it."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Westlake, TX

"I have worked for Fidelity for almost 15 years. The company is a good company to work for but lags its peers in compensation in the financial industry. Fidelity has outsourced a significant amount of work to India and QA testing to China. While the company isn't a high tech company unless you walk into an investor center you're probably familiar with Fidelity through work with a 401k or through the web for IRA's and trades. All of this is technology driven versus face to face or calling a phone representative. While fidelity has a tremendous amount of phone reps to handle your call, almost all interactions start off via the web. So while Fidelity is a good and stable place to work for the most part it is not the place to work if you're after salary alone and it is not the place to work if you want a creative environment like Google or another high tech company. So if you are not looking for a cutting edge tech company and are not trading stocks, etc, but want to answer phones Fidelity is a fantastic place to work versus many call centers. If you're interested in doing a good job for good pay in good working conditions but not advancing your career or your skill set Fidelity is also a very good company to work for. Fidelity is a 365/24 company as the web never sleeps, but has a discourse in understanding that not everyone works on Boston time, therefore if you're in TX or in India you are either working late or early or both in the same day. Last of all, Fidelity way underpays IT workers outside of the Northeast in comparison. For example the cost of living in its NH office is comparable to the cost of living in NC and TX but they pay significantly less outside of New England for the same work. That said of course they pay people in India way less but the cost of living is significantly less there too. I like Fidelity, else I wouldn't have worked for them for 15 years. However, they come up short in many areas unfortunately."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Fidelity Investments (394)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is 411 Locals (6)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is PSCU Financial Services (8)
Financial Services Representative
in Greenwood Village, CO

"Fidelity does a great job creating a culture of energy, growth, and positivity. Their benefits are well above industry average including great health, time off, work life balance, and overall retirement plans. Fidelity gives just the right amount of support and independence to allow and assist with internal advancement. So far the best company I've worked for."

in Raleigh, NC

"Competitive packages. Good."

Average Fidelity Investments Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Durham, NC

"Fidelity Investments is a GREAT place to work. I highly recommend this company and the benefits are above par. The only 'challenge' is staffing. They are hard to reach, work with and they have little follow-thru. You create your movement in the company and most managers/leadership will help you get where you want to be."

Senior Technical Analyst

"Good company to work with. Good working culture."

Fidelity Investments Employee

"A great place to work. Very motivating atmosphere."

Software Developer
in Southlake, TX

"I've worked at Fidelity Investment for many years, both on good and tough financial times. It has been my experience that the company leadership has always been professional with excellent ethics. I most enjoyed their straightforward, honest attitude with us, the employees during the tough periods of financial turmoil."

Front End Developer
in Cary, NC

"I have been working in Fidelity Investments for over 2 years and I really like the company and I do recommend it for others. The company has development units in major cities of US and some parts on India, China and Ireland."

in Durham, NC

"Worked for Fidelity Investments for 12 years. I feel the company really cares about their employees' well being. Hard to get promoted. Fantastic benefits and flexibility. Bright employees and very progressive in technology."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Boston, MA

"Awesome company in terms of technology."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Production Specialist
in Boston, MA

"I have worked for Fidelity Investments from Dec-2004 till Jan 2006. it has been an excellent experience to be a part of great work culture, technology base, opportunities floor. It helped me to gain my knowledge in financial services and share my expertise to development and administration of Oracle applications databases."

in Westlake, TX

"I have worked for Fidelity for over a year. The benefits are great, along with the people. I believe the compensation is below what it should be for the amount of knowledge required, and it is difficult to leave your business group on your own time."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Boston, MA

"Great company, privately owned and they really care about their employees."

in Boston, MA

"Been with Fidelity for 20 years and it's an outstanding company. As with any large firm, divisional leadership is key and for the most part the people in charge make the right decisions."