(based on 35 EarthLink Review Ratings)
"EarthLink is an excellent company to work for. Lots of PTO and great benefits. The company has much room to improve its processes. Once it achieves that, it should become a highly profitable one creating even greater opportunities. One key factor holding the company back is lack of innovative managers with real world experience. The company needs to stop following technology and create their own idea processes and then fit technology to complete the process design."
Posted 6 years ago in Rochester, NY
in Raleigh, NC

"Loved working at Earthlink until I got laid off. Now, I don't love them so much. They are in a transition to make the company into a leader in hosted solutions but had to cut 1/3 of the full time IT staff and outsource to India to do it. But I'm just bitter, it's a great place to work and hope they come around."

in Metairie, LA

"Hostile work environment, to say the least."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

EarthLink (72)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is NuVox Communications (16)
3.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Birch Communications (26)
in Buffalo, NY

"Used to be a very good company to work for, but lately it seems they have been outsourcing jobs overseas. Which is very unfortunate."

in Oxford, AL

"You will do more work than at any LEC and you will get paid less than others make at any other LEC. Good for learning and that's about it."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average EarthLink Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Account Executive

"I have taken great pride in the quality of the products I sell and the value it brings to customers. When a salesperson is delivering quality and value to customers, customers are successful in overcoming challenges they have that mostly impact revenue on some level. This builds trust which can be leveraged in future sales and new technology discussions as well as key introductions to other companies for additional opportunities. EarthLink does not share this view."

in Marlborough, MA

"I worked for One Communications/EarthLink for several years. To be blunt this company is awful! My recruiter left the week I started. BIG CLUE not to work here. I pushed on though. It was the dirtiest, nastiest place I ever worked. They should be shut down. I have seen this go from awful to worse, thus I no longer work at this idiot factory. if you believe the GOOD reviews take this in mind. You don't fire your CEO because he is just so awesome."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Vancouver, WA

"I worked for EarthLink Business for 2 years and found it to be unsatisfactory both in environment and pay. I am an educated professional and found that to be promoted you had to know someone or have very specific Cisco networking skills. I also saw people get promoted who were frequently complained about and had been talked to about their behavior, whereas good workers were overlooked for the promotions. If you want to be overworked, paid lousy and play games then work here."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Switch Technician
in Burlington, MA

"This company was unorganized."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
IT Specialist
in Rochester, NY

"Great company to work for. Although they are now struggling a bit, I have no doubt they will bounce back.A very clean and energetic company filled with lots of talented people. Lots of great product offerings with offices across the US. The support staff works diligently to ensure total customer satisfaction. Good employees are rewarded fairly for their contributions."

Integrations Analyst

in Rochester, NY

"Bad communication between departments, unrealistic project schedules and unresponsive management. Would not recommend working here."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
EarthLink Employee

"I've worked for Earthlink for almost 2 years. It is a Development-Centric environment."

in Pasadena, CA

"I have worked at EarthLink for over 13 years. The consistent thing has been the good engineers but poor management. The current crop of management is the worst of all and make completing projects on time almost impossible due to their can't do attitude and political maneuvering. A once proud company is dying on the vine due to mismanagement at all levels."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Supervisor

"I've worked with EarthLink Business for 9 years. I have found it to be a good company with good people who work hard daily to please their clients. It is a good place to grow your career and advance in the telecommunications industry. The company has employees nationwide and still makes you feel that you are a personal contributor to its growth. Overall I must say it is a great company to work for."