Career Menu

343 Desktop Support Technician Reviews

Desktop Support Technicians give their job an average rating of 3.8 out of 5.0. The Desktop Support Technicians happiest with their jobs are employed by Accenture with an average rating of 0.0 while the Desktop Support Technicians least happy with their jobs work for eTelecare with an average rating of 1.4.

Submit a Review
"I love being able to resolve issues for people, and I enjoy the "waiter" like service we provide. Walking to someones desk, fixing issues with equipment or programs, even installing something they needed. It gives me great pleasure to serve people, to provide them with something they need when they deed it and with a good attitude. I love the response from people, when you go out of your way for people they start treating you like a neigbor or relative almost, they hold you with high regard."
Posted 5 years ago in Melrose Park, IL
Desktop Support Technician at Applied Systems Intelligence
in University Park, IL

"I have held approximately 8 positions with Applied Systems and support is where I started, and where I have landed. It is the front line for customer satisfaction and nothing gives me pleasure more than helping a customer. We are well trained on all products but we are separated in specialized areas to be the best of the best and most importantly given the tools to ensure we can get the job done right!"

Desktop Support Technician at Staffing Solutions USA

"The only thing I can say I hate is short term contracts because as you finally become part of the team your employment ends. Also the amount of compensation is truly not fair based on years and experience."

Desktop Support Technician at Metropolitan Hospital Center

"I enjoy working here as a desktop support technician. There is a very big support team. Every technician is skilled and I am glad I am a part of such team. Unfortunately, the career path I want is not practiced much being a desktop technician."

Desktop Support Technician at Beckman Coulter
in Chaska, MN
Desktop Support Technician at Rosetta

"I enjoy being in IT and having the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects, but I am currently in school working towards obtaining both my CCNA and CCNP. This, coupled with the experience I've gained working with the Network team is a strong indication of how determined I am to reach my goal of becoming a Network Admin and beyond."

Desktop Support Technician at Xerox
in Rochester, NY

"There is not really a downside to the position, I love the feeling of accomplishment and customer satisfaction when an issue has been resolved."

Desktop Support Technician at Corestaff Services

"I have a growing love for the hands on environment of a Desktop Tech. I think I benefit more from the occasional customer facing aspect as compared to just being over the phone when in a Help Desk role."

Desktop Support Technician at MultiServicios

"A job that is easy for me to work with since I have been doing it for years."

Desktop Support Technician at GAF
in Wayne, NJ

"Love helping others. Hate the long hours to try to resolve a particular issue."

Desktop Support Technician at Ralph Lauren

"I love the challenge and the learning aspect of IT support. I love working with people, love working on IT projects independently with least supervision."

Desktop Support Technician at Norfolk Southern Railway
Desktop Support Technician at Coca-Cola

"I enjoyed working with users on their issues and resolving any problems. I didn't like to work in the call center."

Desktop Support Technician at IM Flash Technologies
in Lehi, UT

"I enjoyed the opportunity to look for solutions at your own discretion. Unfortunately my time spent there was very poor. Being the youngest employee in the section I was often ignored and treated badly by both supervision and co-workers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Desktop Support Technician at 1st Constitution Bank
in Cranbury, NJ

"I enjoy being an Incident Handler because I excel at analyzing a situation as well as enjoy it. I like that I always get to see new things and that it is not always a repetitive and monotonous job. I also enjoy the ability to work alone at times, as well as with others."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Desktop Support Technician at ManTech
in Herndon, VA

"I love that being a Desktop Support Technician allows me to focus on making the end users' computing experience optimal, which can at times give me a bird's eye view of what the company's goal truly is about. Getting a real feel for how my work impacts other users' daily responsibilities is important to me."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like