On average, employees at Crossmark give their company a 3.4 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Crossmark employees are Merchandisers submitting an average rating of 3.9 and Retail Representatives with a rating of 3.6.

(based on 45 Crossmark Review Ratings)
2.6
in Dallas, GA

"This is the worst company to work for. Please do not work for them. They cut the hours from a 6 hour shift down to 5 and a half hours. They have a timer on your lunch time when you are relieved for lunch. Heaven help you if you are one minute late getting back from lunch. There is not time to clean your cart or to restock for supplies. This company does not give any compensation for admin time and they make you use your own phone to submit your pay. They want you to use your own equipment and they do not give any raises at all. Bottom line this company is poorly managed."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Representative
in Plano, TX

"I was employed by Crossmark for two years and some change. With any job there were good and bad things about the company. Good: 1.Benefit package and discounts you can take advantage of. 2.Coworkers who can help you with a phone call/email. 3.IT dept there to help when all else fails. 4.Get more familiar with your state with all of the driving you do. Bad: 1.Some of the reimbursements (vehicle use, tolls, and printing) don't really add up to what the real costs are, and are not explained very well at all. 2.Territory sizes can make you be away from home for 12 hrs. 3.If you get disciplined for something and it requires something higher than an oral warning, it may come down via phone call instead of a letter in the mail. 4.Calling IT can cost you lots of time and set you behind. 5.Unless you have a background in sales and have a business degree, don't bother applying for a sales rep job here."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Crossmark (63)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Pace Suburban Bus (6)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is iQor (14)
in Sanford, FL

"I've worked for Crossmark for 6 weeks now. This job is supposed to pay me every week, but due to the poor organization and administration of the company as a whole structure I've only been paid once. My personal supervisor is fine, however she does not actually coordinate much besides my working hours. She knows nothing about payroll or the structure of the company. The hours are very flexible and if you make the most of this job it can be very fun, however be wary of how much inconvenience you are ready to go through for this job."

in Plano, TX

"6 Months in this position. Company is a very large billion dollar company that has small company growing pains. Systems and processed need an overhaul and company has the tendency to find solutions inside when they should look for outside vendors. Employee engagement is good but could be so much better. They need to improve communication from the bottom up. Lots of potential for company and in the right division, I think there is employee growth."

Average Crossmark Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Pet Nutrition Specialist
in Bay Shore, NY

"Crossmark was one of the most valuable experiences that I've had. I gained important skills with both selling and excellent customer service during my year long employment as a pet nutrition specialist. It's a rather unconventional job, since it requires a lot of traveling between stores, but it's an amazing experience!"

in Plano, TX

"I have worked for Crossmark for 5 years, overall my experience has been positive. I would recommend this company to a fellow job seeker. Work pace is fast and challenging but coworkers are willing and able to assist in completing tasks to keep the business moving in a positive direction."

Crossmark Employee

"The most poorly managed company I have ever worked for. No chain of command, no clear directives, no compensation for admin. hours."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Been working for this company 3 years, hours have been cut and no pay raises or actual results for the work I do or bonuses. They hire new employees and give them all my work."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Due to a merger I was let go from my division that was dissolved and relocated it to Chicago."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Nutrition Consultant
in Plano, TX

"Working for Crossmark, Inc. has taught me a lot about how to detail with personnel in the retail market and finding solutions to their customers problems. I have 25 years in the B 2 B sales not until recently have not had the retail market experience. I have gotten that experience now and look forward to using both of these work experiences in a new full time position."

Product Demonstrator
in Plano, TX

"I received poor training - as in none. I was scolded by the supervisor and leads for not viewing the videos, however, I could not access them until I actually started the work. I was put on the floor unprepared, not told the expectations of the job, and constantly criticized. I was not told when to report but was yelled at for being too early or too late. Also, you are only paid for 6 hours but are expected to work beyond that without compensation. They also don't pay time and a half for Sundays."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Lead Event Specialist
in Baltimore, MD

"They have no scholarships or work study programs, this company doesn't care."

What do you like about working at Crossmark?

"Good pay to do not much of anything, learn how to cook, meet new people."

"If you can speak clearly then your in, they will hire anyone and everyone, this company doesn't care about you, they only care about making there company larger and larger. If you get a job with crossmark as an event specialist, good luck with your 2 days a week, if you wanna complain about anything you cant because you will have no way to contact corporate."

What don't you like about working at Crossmark?

"No raises, no benefits, no promotions, if you have any problems there is nobody to contact so the problem will never be fixed, they hire people who are still in drug rehab centers and alcoholics who come into work drunk who can be some strange characters and ask you for money while at work, which can be very annoying."

"Please listen to the other employees in thoughts and concerns, give them information on corporate if they need to speak to them, do not yell in the employees faces and throw things at them, just simply give everyone the information they need and don't make them do 3 hours of research on Google just to find a phone number or email to corporate to just have a question about your pay stubs. If undercover boss ever came to our store I think it could make huge changes."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Retail Sales Representative
in Erie, PA

What do you like about working at Crossmark?

"Flexibility in when you wanted to call on your stores."

"Interview is based on personality. There are a lot of part time positions."

What don't you like about working at Crossmark?

"Little help from the sales material to help your case."

"More in depth selling materials to better help achieve the sales objective."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Financial Project Administrator

What do you like about working at Crossmark?

"Freedom and job ownership. Large amount of office locations, both international and national."

"Not really any structure. Based on personality whether the interviewer likes you or not."

What don't you like about working at Crossmark?

"Little supervision with little concise direction. Structure and supervison and not good."

"Work more hands-on with employees. Show face in the office more."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Event Specialist
in Pensacola, FL

What do you like about working at Crossmark?

"It pays money. Also, the demo work gives you marketing/salesmanship experience."

"Try to be positive and demonstrate your salesmanship ability. The interview is pretty straightforward and basic."

What don't you like about working at Crossmark?

"Lack of upward mobility, lack of room for creative/inventive thinking."

"Make the place more enjoyable to work. Work on uplifting morale."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5