(based on 484 CitiGroup Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Citi since 2000. The work environment is one that continuously challenges you to set higher performance goals and allows the appropriate support to attain them. There is great flexibility to expand one's career through multiple avenues given the organization global reach."
Posted 6 years ago in Irving, TX
in Jersey City, NJ

"The overall culture is problematic, seems like there's more of an emphasis in cutting costs that creating a good productive environment for employees. There is a lot of variations between teams but in general there is a lack of documentation and some teams write bad or messy code and do not have processes to ensure stability (testing environments not set up, code deployed to production not checked into SVN, build and deploy not automated)"

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"I loved working here. Very professional environment to explore and learn new things. High importance to high performing available applications and application security."

CitiGroup Employee

"Citigroup is a large company and your experiences can range from position to position, location to location and from manager to manager within the same group. I have changed departments and changed managers within departments. There are advantages and disadvantages with every department and every manager I have worked for. For this reason, it's difficult for me to write a good review. However, a few things never change. The employee is not valued and your manager is always right."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Jersey City, NJ

"Citigroup is a reputable global financial institution. It has great offerings for all levels of professionals. As with all large companies, personal success is contained within the division you are operating. Ability to make a difference and gain new technology are limited in the business area you are assigned to. Due to the size of the organization, personnel promotions, although definitely based on performance, controlled with managerial alliances."

dba

"I like my current company's manager, team and work."

CitiGroup Employee

"I've worked for Citi since 2012. Big company, lots of opportunities and thus work, however, can't get away with politics."

Vice President

"Great company to work for.Lot of financial innovations happened at CitiGroup and it offers challenging environment to work for.Working with a diverse project environment involving teams globally and includes different service/software vendors. Provides great training for employees on project management and personal development."

CitiGroup Employee

"I have worked with Citigroup for 2 years. The work ethics and team support was excellent. Coordination within the team from low level to senior level was very cooperative."

Technical Project Manager

"Great company to work."

CitiGroup Employee

"This was a great company to work for even through change and resizing I always found a place within to restart and grow with the company. Every new opportunity brought new challenge and great learning experience. I recommend CitiGroup as a great company to work for."

in Las Vegas, NV

"After many years at CITI I'm actually glad I got laid-off. I am ready for new opportunities and a new workplace."

in Las Vegas, NV

"I've worked at CITI for many years and the atmosphere within the company has steadily declined over the years. At one time bonuses, Christmas parties, excellent benefits, and a chance for advancement were the norm. One could tell the company cared about its employees' happiness. Now the bonuses are gone, parties are designed only for small children, the benefits are getting worse, and there is nowhere to grow. The stockholders are now the only group that are made to feel important."

in South Amboy, NJ

"I have been working with Citi as consultant for the last few years."

in Getzville, NY

"I've been working for Citigroup since 2008. The job was exciting and challenging at first, and I felt well compensated for my position. That wore thin over years of no advancement and the complete lack of any pay raises. This is a company that does not seem to value the talent of it's workforce on a tangible level. You are often told by your supervisors that you do excellent work above and beyond expected, but they do not have any money to give you a raise, but this is all lies."

in San Antonio, TX

"I have been working for Citigroup for about 6 months now and have seen and been put through several different changes since being with the company. We were promised that we would have a chance to advance and grow within the company and have not had the chance to do so. We are now going through a change with the company that we might not have a job soon in the next few months. This is very poor planning and success on behalf of the company that prides themselves on excellent customer service."