(based on 459 CitiGroup Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Citi since 2000. The work environment is one that continuously challenges you to set higher performance goals and allows the appropriate support to attain them. There is great flexibility to expand one's career through multiple avenues given the organization global reach."
Posted 5 years ago in Irving, TX
TPF System Developer
in Long Island City, NY

"I've worked at Citibank 5 years. It is a company with a lot of great people devoted to their customers and offers a lot of valuable services. The company has a lot of talented people that actually do the work despite higher management.A great company to work for!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
AML Analyst
in Tampa, FL

"I was working for Citi in the Anti Money Laundering division. I specialized in account based monitoring and was also versed in Global Wire Transfer Monitoring. Citi was a special company to work for. The division I worked in had extremely flexible and engaging work atmosphere. I regretted leaving but understand new business requirements made change inescapable."

in Tampa, FL

"I've worked with Citigroup since 1998 as a consultant and was a pretty good working environment, then became an employee on 2004 and benefits and working hours were good.As a corporate environment use latest technology in the market as well 3rd party support was very accessible."

in Fort Mill, SC

"It was a dread every day to go to work and there is no ability to move up. you are more likely to be laid off. there is no listening to the grunt workers. Employee input is a joke."

Credit Administrator
in Long Island City, NY

"Fifteen years ago I started working for Citigroup as a temporary employee. Two years into my assignment I was fortunate enough to accept a permanent position. The only reason why I no longer work there is because they relocated their credit operations to Delaware. I would have easily retired from this corporation."

in Jersey City, NJ

"The overall culture is problematic, seems like there's more of an emphasis in cutting costs that creating a good productive environment for employees. There is a lot of variations between teams but in general there is a lack of documentation and some teams write bad or messy code and do not have processes to ensure stability (testing environments not set up, code deployed to production not checked into SVN, build and deploy not automated)"

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"I loved working here. Very professional environment to explore and learn new things. High importance to high performing available applications and application security."

CitiGroup Employee

"Citigroup is a large company and your experiences can range from position to position, location to location and from manager to manager within the same group. I have changed departments and changed managers within departments. There are advantages and disadvantages with every department and every manager I have worked for. For this reason, it's difficult for me to write a good review. However, a few things never change. The employee is not valued and your manager is always right."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Jersey City, NJ

"Citigroup is a reputable global financial institution. It has great offerings for all levels of professionals. As with all large companies, personal success is contained within the division you are operating. Ability to make a difference and gain new technology are limited in the business area you are assigned to. Due to the size of the organization, personnel promotions, although definitely based on performance, controlled with managerial alliances."

dba

"I like my current company's manager, team and work."

CitiGroup Employee

"I've worked for Citi since 2012. Big company, lots of opportunities and thus work, however, can't get away with politics."

Vice President

"Great company to work for.Lot of financial innovations happened at CitiGroup and it offers challenging environment to work for.Working with a diverse project environment involving teams globally and includes different service/software vendors. Provides great training for employees on project management and personal development."

CitiGroup Employee

"I have worked with Citigroup for 2 years. The work ethics and team support was excellent. Coordination within the team from low level to senior level was very cooperative."

Technical Project Manager

"Great company to work."

CitiGroup Employee

"This was a great company to work for even through change and resizing I always found a place within to restart and grow with the company. Every new opportunity brought new challenge and great learning experience. I recommend CitiGroup as a great company to work for."