(based on 484 CitiGroup Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Citi since 2000. The work environment is one that continuously challenges you to set higher performance goals and allows the appropriate support to attain them. There is great flexibility to expand one's career through multiple avenues given the organization global reach."
Posted 6 years ago in Irving, TX
CitiGroup Employee

"Great experience to work at a large multinational bank. While it may not be for everyone, the experience was tremendously valuable and I've been fortunate to retain contact with a number of colleagues."

Storage Administrator
in New Hyde Park, NY

"Citigroup is an excellent place to work. However recently they've closed IT operations in North East region and moved to low cost areas."

in Melville, NY

"I've worked for Citi for 14 years and the last 5 years have been hell for IT workers. Layoffs, wage freezes, and outsourcing. Citi uses the unfair stacked rating system which predetermines which percentage of employees will be ranked where. New CEO Michael Corbat does not see the need for IT workers he views us a hinderance to Citi's bottom line."

in Melville, NY

"When I started working for Citi back in 2000 it was awesome place to work. However since 2010 company morale within the IT department is very low because of the constant threat of layoffs, outsourcing and wage freezes. The one positive thing about Citi is that the work/family balance is pretty good."

CitiGroup Employee

"Good experience working with Citi."

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Worked in Citi for the past 7 years. Not the best company but not the worst."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
QA Tester
in Saint Louis, MO

"Very good company with lots of opportunities."

Program Manager

"Citi is a great company providing work opportunities along with leadership training. Great people."

Consultant
in Jersey City, NJ

"CitiGroup is very bureaucratic company. I have had proposal to build very efficient Release/Build/Deploy system for full company and management even did not invite me for discussion."

in Toronto, ON

"Not too impressed with this company. Hiring freeze for way too long, and salary when hired was very poor. The only reason I joined was to try and bring my trading vision to life within the company. Next time I will just do things on my own and go from there. Not sure what else to say about the company other than that I'm a bit disgruntled."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
TPF System Developer
in Long Island City, NY

"I've worked at Citibank 5 years. It is a company with a lot of great people devoted to their customers and offers a lot of valuable services. The company has a lot of talented people that actually do the work despite higher management.A great company to work for!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
AML Analyst
in Tampa, FL

"I was working for Citi in the Anti Money Laundering division. I specialized in account based monitoring and was also versed in Global Wire Transfer Monitoring. Citi was a special company to work for. The division I worked in had extremely flexible and engaging work atmosphere. I regretted leaving but understand new business requirements made change inescapable."

in Tampa, FL

"I've worked with Citigroup since 1998 as a consultant and was a pretty good working environment, then became an employee on 2004 and benefits and working hours were good.As a corporate environment use latest technology in the market as well 3rd party support was very accessible."

in Fort Mill, SC

"It was a dread every day to go to work and there is no ability to move up. you are more likely to be laid off. there is no listening to the grunt workers. Employee input is a joke."

Credit Administrator
in Long Island City, NY

"Fifteen years ago I started working for Citigroup as a temporary employee. Two years into my assignment I was fortunate enough to accept a permanent position. The only reason why I no longer work there is because they relocated their credit operations to Delaware. I would have easily retired from this corporation."