402 Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews

Browse Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Booz Allen Hamilton give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Booz Allen Hamilton employees are Executive Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.4 and Interns with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 283 Booz Allen Hamilton Review Ratings)
"Booz Allen Hamilton is a place where you must be married to your career. You will be rewarded justly and handsomely, if you put in a sincere effort. Luck plays a role too. A competent manager is key to your success at this or any organization."
Posted 7 years ago in McLean, VA
in Quantico, VA

"Booz Allen boosts themselves to be above the rest and to be part of an elite group of consultants, but the real fact is far from that. Management is distant from employees, company values change too often, company looks only at the bottom line and forgets about the people that bring in that revenue, poor advancement opportunities, salary competitiveness is below average due to the high costs of overhead and expected company profit, and the list can go on and on. Leadership, at least at the Quantico area location, is immature and lacks a lot of the basic leadership skills needed to be an effective and powerful leader. Management changes in this area quite often giving the impression that no one wants to be on this team long. If you are planning on joining the Booz Allen team, be aware that you must negotiate your best possible deal up front as when you get in you are pretty much locked in to a bleak future. Another interesting fact, the turn over rate here at the Quantico team is very high. Not only myself, but 6 to 7 other team members have left the firm and never looked back. This alone gives solid testament that something just isn't right here. Just be warned is all I have to say. * Advice to Management - Increase leadership skills, look to help employees further their career and help them advance, stay connected and not distant, stop changing core values and company slogans just to be changing them and stick with one and solidify it. Make Booz Allen worthwhile to work for not just for today but for a career long choice. Don't treat certain teams in one manner and others in a different manner due to their location. Stop the double standard rules with employees with more years versus those with little years. We all wear the same badge so it is imperative that leadership ensures that all practices, values, rules and regulations are followed across the board completely."

Associate

"I joined BAH in Jul 2008 and was immediately impressed with how they supported their employees. Above industry standard benefits/401K contributions and most impressive to me, tremendous support transitioning between contracts. Instead of just letting folks go, they worked hard to find everyone jobs within the firm. I saw this in my first weeks with them for another team, then again when our contract ended last Sept."

in Panama City, FL
Game Developer
in San Antonio, TX

"The team I work with is great, but apparently Booz used to care more about their employees than shareholders. More benefits keep getting swept away from me and I find that I'm struggling to keep up with current technology to do my job right. And there's a lot of bureaucracy with anything. And to think I relocated 2000 miles for this."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Booz Allen Hamilton Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Database Administrator
in Rome, NY

"Wish I was still there. But people were great to work with."

Information Assurance Manager
in Ridgecrest, CA

"Booz is a better business model than most DOD contractors."

in Washington, DC

"Huge cuts in benefits (401K, health insurance, transit, etc.) coupled with dwindling salaries and high attrition rates. Its reputation is far better than reality."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Belcamp, MD

"I have been told that my experience was atypical and that others love the company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Booz Allen Hamilton Employee

"Your experience with Booz Allen will strongly depend on the team you join and whether there is billable work within that team. I love my team, but have had to perform my day to day work within other teams. My experience has been that the work ethic, honesty and lack of office politics and personal responsibility within my team is the exception within Booz Allen, not the rule. I believe the company as a whole is too top heavy and has too many people who can talk the talk but not walk the walk. It will be interesting to watch in the next several years to see if the public reputation suffers due to the excess weight in the ranks."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
SQL Engineer
in Indianapolis, IN

"I'm happy to work with one of the largest government contract companies in the world."

in McLean, VA

"Excellent work-life balance."

in San Antonio, TX

"Excellent company. Highly recommend it to other applicants."

in Herndon, VA

"The company was a terrible place to work. They wasted money on perks like specialized coffee machines on two kitchen areas for each floor and catered lunches while people were constantly getting laid off. Even before the Snowden affair, they had issues with impropriety and almost were banned for life from bidding on Air Force contracts. Their business model had internal groups competing for contracts, so as one group would be laying people off another group would be hiring others with the same skills. They only cared about money."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Herndon, VA

"All these remarks are based sadly on my client site."

Associate
in Fort Meade, MD

"I have limited experience in company due to being hired with intention to win contract that in fact we failed to win. They had other opportunities but none that suited where I wanted to go."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5