408 Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews

Browse Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 288 Booz Allen Hamilton Review Ratings)
"Booz Allen Hamilton is a place where you must be married to your career. You will be rewarded justly and handsomely, if you put in a sincere effort. Luck plays a role too. A competent manager is key to your success at this or any organization."
Posted 10 years ago in McLean, VA
Drupal Developer
in Washington, DC

"Highly skilled, results-driven web developer with more than 20 years of successful experience in managing all facets of site development, from initial design and architecture to site deployment and client management. Comfortable in fast-paced work environment and possesses the leadership skills necessary to handle high-level responsibilities. Confident decision maker with the experience to manage time, prioritize tasks and exercise sound judgment of quality web sites."

in McLean, VA

"I've worked with Booz Allen Hamilton since first quarter 2015. I've always admired the effort Booz puts into reinventing itself as a consulting firm to match customer and industry demand for innovative solutions."

Lead Consultant
in San Antonio, TX

"Great company"

Senior DevOps Engineer
in McLean, VA

"I have worked for Booz Allen Hamilton for about 3 years and I enjoyed every moment. My favorite part was the flexibility. I also enjoyed how all the managers were very transparent about everything."

Average Booz Allen Hamilton Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Herndon, VA

"N/A, no thank you. I'm applying for a job not populating Jobot's corporate database."

in Quantico, VA

"Booz Allen boosts themselves to be above the rest and to be part of an elite group of consultants, but the real fact is far from that. Management is distant from employees, company values change too often, company looks only at the bottom line and forgets about the people that bring in that revenue, poor advancement opportunities, salary competitiveness is below average due to the high costs of overhead and expected company profit, and the list can go on and on. Leadership, at least at the Quantico area location, is immature and lacks a lot of the basic leadership skills needed to be an effective and powerful leader. Management changes in this area quite often giving the impression that no one wants to be on this team long. If you are planning on joining the Booz Allen team, be aware that you must negotiate your best possible deal up front as when you get in you are pretty much locked in to a bleak future. Another interesting fact, the turn over rate here at the Quantico team is very high. Not only myself, but 6 to 7 other team members have left the firm and never looked back. This alone gives solid testament that something just isn't right here. Just be warned is all I have to say. * Advice to Management - Increase leadership skills, look to help employees further their career and help them advance, stay connected and not distant, stop changing core values and company slogans just to be changing them and stick with one and solidify it. Make Booz Allen worthwhile to work for not just for today but for a career long choice. Don't treat certain teams in one manner and others in a different manner due to their location. Stop the double standard rules with employees with more years versus those with little years. We all wear the same badge so it is imperative that leadership ensures that all practices, values, rules and regulations are followed across the board completely."

Associate

"I joined BAH in Jul 2008 and was immediately impressed with how they supported their employees. Above industry standard benefits/401K contributions and most impressive to me, tremendous support transitioning between contracts. Instead of just letting folks go, they worked hard to find everyone jobs within the firm. I saw this in my first weeks with them for another team, then again when our contract ended last Sept."

in Panama City, FL
Game Developer
in San Antonio, TX

"The team I work with is great, but apparently Booz used to care more about their employees than shareholders. More benefits keep getting swept away from me and I find that I'm struggling to keep up with current technology to do my job right. And there's a lot of bureaucracy with anything. And to think I relocated 2000 miles for this."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Database Administrator
in Rome, NY

"Wish I was still there. But people were great to work with."

Information Assurance Manager
in Ridgecrest, CA

"Booz is a better business model than most DOD contractors."

in Washington, DC

"Huge cuts in benefits (401K, health insurance, transit, etc.) coupled with dwindling salaries and high attrition rates. Its reputation is far better than reality."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Belcamp, MD

"I have been told that my experience was atypical and that others love the company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Booz Allen Hamilton Employee

"Your experience with Booz Allen will strongly depend on the team you join and whether there is billable work within that team. I love my team, but have had to perform my day to day work within other teams. My experience has been that the work ethic, honesty and lack of office politics and personal responsibility within my team is the exception within Booz Allen, not the rule. I believe the company as a whole is too top heavy and has too many people who can talk the talk but not walk the walk. It will be interesting to watch in the next several years to see if the public reputation suffers due to the excess weight in the ranks."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
SQL Engineer
in Indianapolis, IN

"I'm happy to work with one of the largest government contract companies in the world."