(based on 20 Zones Review Ratings)
in Menands, NY

"Good company to work for. Supervisor(s) are flexible but too much micro management."

in Portland, OR

"I've worked at Zones for over two years. At first, it was great. Since last year the company has made some changes to the organization that haven't worked. Company uses old business models to try and get ahead in the market, but only has pushed very smart and successful people leave the company. Upper management seems to have no direction. Pay is decent and there are some perks, but that's about it."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Zones (32)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (6)
in Portland, OR

"I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone who isn't in an entry-level position. The company's value prop is fading in an ever-changing market that no longer requires their set of core competencies. This is why I've moved on, and I would recommend to anyone looking that they too move on and consider somewhere else."

in Portland, OR

"Zones is a company that is figuring things out at the middle management level. There wasn't great direction nor leadership from Directors to Sales managers. You spend a lot of time learning new tech and industry standards but it is overwhelming and often times useless information."

in Portland, OR

"The company claims to have resources to help their employees and customers. Sadly, those resource are few and far between. The only good thing about the company is the employees. Sadly, most are leaving because the company doesn't listen to us and doesn't have a clear plan for the future."

in Portland, OR

"I worked at Zones for 2.8 years. It was a lot of hand holding the support teams and "too many cooks in the kitchen" and "death by 1000 paper cuts" type of work. Many of my tasks could have been completed by myself much faster but it was a fairly simple role and decent base pay for the time being. Not much room for growth and lots of favoritism."

in Auburn, WA

"I have worked for Zones in various capacities for 16 years. Zones is a fantastic company, hence my long tenure. Zones does not pay well in the industry. They often make structural changes that do not necessarily make good business sense. I believe in what I do, I am good at what I do, and I love the people I work with."

in Auburn, WA

"Zones leadership had carefully crafted a strategic vision for moving into managed services. I was hired by the COO to leverage my seniority and services background to influence key accounts and evangelize managed services capabilities. At the time of my onboarding, the COO resigned and the strategic vision began to unravel and my role became that of a technical solution architect, which I am not. I think highly of the company and my Regional Director/Pre-Sales Solutioning has offered to be a reference."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Auburn, WA

"Zones is a diverse company with multiple industries. Sales department is very competitive and the job turnover is extremely high. IT is a different subject. Company is still facing many challenges and trying to find right direction. Overall, IT culture is very diverse, company still needs to develop a climate of progress, instead of agressive short-term fixes."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Auburn, WA

"Work life balance is great. However the leadership team seems to change constantly. Too many turnovers and no consistency in management. 6 months I have been here I had 2 different managers, 3 comp plan changes, 3 executive changes and 5+ account rep changes."

Senior Solutions Engineer
in Auburn, WA

"I worked at Zones as a Solutions Engineer, my time there re-energized my enthusiasm for technology and learning I had the opportunity to work with a great group of guys on the Cloud Delivery team, never a dull moment with them. Management is awesome and truly cares about his employees and made sure you were heard!"

in Auburn, WA

"The company has a strong portfolio of technology solutions. However, there has been a great deal of churn from a management perspective over the past few years, which has shifted the strategic direction of the company significantly."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Corporate Account Executive
in Auburn, WA

"Needs improvement in upper management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Auburn, WA

"They like to hire recent college graduates because they're hungry. There is extensive training so you are prepared with knowledge. If you don't have thick skin, this is not the place or position for you."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Account Executive
in Auburn, WA

What do you like about working at Zones?

"High paced environment with opportunity for growth, strategic approach to business and open door policy within departments and management."

"Prepare a list of things that you would be interested to find out more about position and company. Think long term: how would this position fit in your career and how would you benefit this organization."

What don't you like about working at Zones?

"Low cost operations model whit is a benefit for financial growth yet in some cases technology is what keeps us one step ahead of our competition."

"Keep up approach to strategic business growth and increase lead inflow for the sales team."