(based on 149 YMCA Review Ratings)
"I've worked for El Camino YMCA since 2012. We really are the best kept secret in town. We are so much more than a gym and a swim. Every year we work with our members, community and other partners to provide resources and opportunities for everyone to strive in. We give everyone the opportunity to participate and be a part of our organization even if they cannot pay. We don't turn anyone away for their inability to pay. I take pride in my work because I know I'm making a difference."
Posted 7 years ago in Mountain View, CA
Engagement Specialist
in Grand Terrace, CA

"I worked with YMCA for about a year or so. Working there I built some great relationships with the staff as well as the guests who came in to work out on a regular basis. The chemistry in the office was great, the staff were very helpful. My supervisor was a great leader and mentor on the job. Even on his days off he checked in to make sure everything was running smoothly and to answer any questions I may have had. I would recommend this position to college students looking for a job that isn't too demanding while in school."

Program Coordinator
in Torrance, CA

"I worked at the YMCA for over 6 years, the Y has helped me grow and learn job ethic which will help me in my future. The YMCA has also better me for a new challenge where my skills and qualities will be put to good use. The YMCA is a great place to start a career path."

Student Leader
in Ladera Ranch, CA

"Working at the YMCA was a fun and rewarding environment to be a part of. YMCA has a great company statement with a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement. While also engaging with the arts, science, math and technology, programs often underfunded in public schools, made my stay with the YMCA an enjoyable one"

in Eastsound, WA

"Very keen on outdoor activities. Value youth over experience, in a fast paced setting. Ample marine life observation capabilities, but focuses more on water sports than marine life. Beautiful setting, located on 280 acres of wooded land in remote area of Washington State."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average YMCA Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Facilities Specialist
in Grand Rapids, MI

"Before returning back to school, I worked for the YMCA for over a year. My team and I helped to provide a safe and clean working environment for the gym members. I enjoyed my time there, but I am looking to expand my skills given I just graduated with a degree in chemical engineering."

in Anaheim, CA

"I have worked for the Anaheim Family YMCA for a total of two years between 2016 and 2020. I have gained knowledge in working with at-risk youth and vulnerable families. Working here has been a great experience because the directors and supervisors here want their staff to learn as much as possible and be successful role models for the youth we serve."

Site Assistant
in Nashville, TN

"I’ve worked for YMCA Middle TN since 2016. My time there has devolved me into the person I am today. I have learned patience with this job and worked alongside great people."

Wellness Coach
in Sarnia, ON

"I have worked for YMCA for the past 6 months. It is a great work environment but not a lot of room to move up in the organization. Pay is below average but the co workers and managers are awesome."

Human Resources Data Analyst
in Oakland, CA

"Great company with great benefits."

in Westlake Village, CA

"I have been involved with the YMCA for 22 years. They are a great company providing support for people of all ages and backgrounds."

in Tustin, CA

"I've worked with the YMCA of Orange County since 2018. I have a strong working relationship with my supervisor. The compensation is comparable to other Program Director jobs. The culture is friendly and my colleagues are very helpful. However, the workload can be overwhelming when resources are limited to get the job completed successfully."

in Virginia Beach, VA

"I’ve worked at the Hilltop YMCA for almost three years now. It’s a great community based organization with great members. It is not however the most organized or professionally run business. There is a lot of disconnect between staff and the Directors. It definitely needs more stability throughout the building."

YMCA Employee

"I find this company very helpful in expanding technical knowledge"

Marketing Coordinator
in Paterson, NJ

"I’ve worked for the YMCA of Paterson for 2 years. I started off as a volunteer and worked my way up as a marketing coordinator. I recommend the YMCA to everyone the workers cherish there members. There is always room for promotions."

Program Director
in Anderson, IN

"I've worked for the Madison County YMCA since 2014 and wow, has it changed my life! Working for a nonprofit instills some of the most valuable qualities in us as humans. It teaches us more about our community than we ever thought was possible. The Madison County YMCA is a great place to work. There's friendly people, amazing members and so many perks - like a FREE gym membership to any YMCA in the US, one of the best retirement plans a nonprofit has to offer and so much more!"