U-Haul Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse U-Haul Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at U-Haul give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest U-Haul employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 3.7 and General Managers with a rating of 2.6.

(based on 38 U-Haul Review Ratings)

U-Haul Employee

"U-Haul is a good company to work for. It has good medical benefits and a retirement package. The IT Department is currently transitioning to a more modern process and frameworks such as React which can add more stress than normal as it solidifies that process."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
U-Haul Employee

"I enjoyed my time with the company."

U-Haul (78)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is GATX (6)
3.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Avis Budget Group (49)
Customer Service Specialist

"I worked for UHaul Moving and Storage right after I graduated college. UHaul allowed me the opportunity to better my people, communication, and work ethic skills. The company taught me the importance of understanding customers' needs for moving. Overall, the work can be daunting and even sometimes laboring. However, if you put in the time and effort, it will be rewarded in a way."

U-Haul Employee

"I worked here for only 2 months. It was a new location so I understood why things were stressful but it was terrible. My manager was extremely bipolar, one day she would be the nicest person, and the next she was a nightmare to work with. I was recently let go for “refusing to do my job” and “poor performance” which neither are true. My manager was simply in a bad mood and expected me to know things that I’ve never learned. Would not recommend working here, other people higher up are wonderful but the general managers are all the same."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
U-Haul Employee

"I've worked with Uhaul for 2 years and I can say that the company cares about their employees and provides a great benefits package and very health-focused. Healthy cafe, Stay fit program, 100% Paid Health Insurance, Building a Health Center in 2020 etc."

U-Haul Employee

"If you are looking for job stability and many things different tasks a day to do, then Uhaul is the company to work for."

Customer Service Representative

"I've worked with Uhaul for 6 months now and I love every minute that I am on the clock. Uhaul is a strong company that has been around for years. They are very attentive with the customers needs and also the way they provide the customer service to customer 24/7 is amazing."

U-Haul Employee

"Great job for extra money when part time, but when the season change and the hpurs get cut really low it makes life hard. They are good for advancements and have classes that will teach you alot."

Sales Agent

"The bonuses weren't paid out like they should have been and they make it difficult to meet your quota by giving you nearly impossible stipulations."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Customer Service Representative

"I worked for Uhaul for about a year and I would recommend working for this company they don’t train your properly to do the job and they throw you right into the job and the pay isn’t great."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
U-Haul Employee

"Let me go without warning."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Senior Business Analyst

"Great company, great people, pay is okay. My supervisor is wonderful."

General Manager

"The company did not upkeep the property. The company painted everything but would not address numerous leaks in the roofing system. The company has no employee loyalty."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
U-Haul Employee

"This is a hostile work environment."

U-Haul Employee

"I have worked for uHaul for two years now and was able to move up with the company quickly, the downside to this place, is everyone will say they have your back but the truth is they don't. Managers want it all to be about them but don't want to put in the work that a manager should put it, they put way too much off on their assistant managers, and the assistant manager doesn't get the support he or she needs from the staff because the managers won't let the assistant managers do anything to keep the store running. Most of the staff are rude and very unprofessional when it comes to their jobs, it more like they show up do a little bit of work then complain because they don't get a lot of hours or the size of their paycheck is not to their standards."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

U-Haul Reviews FAQs

Is U-Haul a good company to work for?

U-Haul has an overall rating of 3.5 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 38 U-Haul Review Ratings left anonymously by U-Haul employees, which is 10% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 82% of employees would recommend working at U-Haul.

Does U-Haul pay their employees well?

U-Haul employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour, which is 55% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 25 U-Haul employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find U-Haul Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a U-Haul?

82% of employees would recommend working at U-Haul with the overall rating of 3.5 out of 5. Employees also rated U-Haul 3.3 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.0 for Rewards You Receive, 3.2 for Growth Opportunities and 3.5 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at U-Haul?

According to our data, the highest paying job at U-Haul is a Sole Proprietor at $108,000 annually. Browse U-Haul Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at U-Haul?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at U-Haul is a Lot Attendant at $14,000 annually. Browse U-Haul Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at U-Haul?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at U-Haul to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.